• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DH's Classic Pizza Stone Encounter with a Friend

So, this is funny...DH is getting into this stuff...He was talking to a guy at camp who wants to try making a pizza on a stone and see if he likes it then buy one. So, DH calls me up to see if I'd part with my large round stone for a bit so this guy can try it out. He then told him that he knows right where he can purchase one when he wants to buy. So, that was classic...literally...classic round stone...This guy is a neighbor and friend and stood up in our wedding so I'm going to lend him my lg. round stone AND thinking of the new large round stone with handles...I haven
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So this is funny...DH is getting into this stuff...

He was talking to a guy at camp who wants to try making a pizza on a stone and see if he likes it then buy one. So, DH calls me up to see if I'd part with my large round stone for a bit so this guy can try it out. He then told him that he knows right where he can purchase one when he wants to buy.

So, that was classic...literally...classic round stone...

This guy is a neighbor and friend and stood up in our wedding so I'm going to lend him my lg. round stone AND thinking of the new large round stone with handles...I haven't taken mine out of the box yet! Yikes!

I admit though, I'm SLIGHTLY fearful of all the breakage reports on that one!

I lend stuff out all the time. Especially if it is a higher ticket item that someone is hemming and hawing on. Thus far I have not had a problem........

side note-I am having trouble spelling today...DH says maybe because I have the hood of my hoodie on in the house.......

I lend out too if I know and am comfortable with person...it's resulted in some cookware sales.

I'm planning on lending them out - I just am fearful on the round stone with handles breaking on him with the breakage issues. Classic reg. round I have no problem with.

"you break it you bought it"... ha ha ha... just remember the cost of a replacement stone if it gets broken is a write off.... of course you will have to season it again

janetupnorth said:
the round stone with handles... breakage issues...

What breakage issues?

I just had a host open up her brand new stone with handles to find it cracked. She was hoping to use it this weekend, has not received a replacement yet. I was thinking of ordering one for myself but not until I hear more about these issues.

Mine's fine and none of my guests have had an issue.

raebates said:
Mine's fine and none of my guests have had an issue.

I haven't had any issues either....and haven't had any issues reported by guests.

Good - I lent him both this a.m.Others had talked about their customers using them 2-3 times and they cracked. I'll just hope I have a good one. :)

janetupnorth said:
So this is funny...DH is getting into this stuff...

He was talking to a guy at camp who wants to try making a pizza on a stone and see if he likes it then buy one. So, DH calls me up to see if I'd part with my large round stone for a bit so this guy can try it out. He then told him that he knows right where he can purchase one when he wants to buy.

So, that was classic...literally...classic round stone...

This guy is a neighbor and friend and stood up in our wedding so I'm going to lend him my lg. round stone AND thinking of the new large round stone with handles...I haven't taken mine out of the box yet! Yikes!

I admit though, I'm SLIGHTLY fearful of all the breakage reports on that one!

I've been using my large round stone for months and have not had one issue with it! AND I store it standing on its side with all my other stones and cookies sheets, etc- no breakage problems what so ever- and I'm not the most gentle person when it comes to my cookware!

mine w/handles broke at a SHOW!:eek: I was so embarrassed!!:cry: It is my ONLY stone that has EVER broke on me!

NO!!!!!!!!! You can lend things out to people, but do NOT put a stone on a grill!!! The direct heat WILL cause it to break. If it doesn't break, it will put micro-fractures in the stone which means it will break later, and at that time it will be your "fault".

1. Can I use my DH's Classic Pizza Stone on the grill?

Yes, the DH's Classic Pizza Stone is safe to use on both gas and charcoal grills.

2. How do I clean my DH's Classic Pizza Stone?

The best way to clean your DH's Classic Pizza Stone is to let it cool completely, then use a scraper or brush to remove any food debris. You can also use warm water and a mild soap, but avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.

3. Can I use metal utensils on my DH's Classic Pizza Stone?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the DH's Classic Pizza Stone as it may cause damage to the stone. Instead, use wooden or silicone utensils.

4. How do I prevent my pizza from sticking to the DH's Classic Pizza Stone?

To prevent sticking, lightly dust your DH's Classic Pizza Stone with cornmeal or flour before placing your pizza on it. You can also brush the stone with a thin layer of oil.

5. Can I use my DH's Classic Pizza Stone in the oven?

Yes, the DH's Classic Pizza Stone can be used in the oven. Preheat the stone in the oven before placing your pizza on it for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefautumn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess74
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
pcsharon1