• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Shredded Beef and Chicken Sandwiches for Work!

In summary, the person made shredded beef and Apricot Bourbon Sauce. They are thinking of making shredded chicken but don't know what to put it on. They have everything in the first recipe but celery.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So I made this killer shredded beef (if I say so myself) - 4.5 lb. roast sat in the crockpot all day seasoning with...

1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon celery powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Then I mixed it with a bottle of Apricot Bourbon Sauce...

It tastes pretty good!

(This is for a food day at work tomorrow).

Since there are about 20 people in my department I'm thinking this might not be enough but don't want to cook another roast so I was thinking of making some shredded chicken maybe...

Any thoughts on seasonings that would make them taste well on a bun like shredded beef?

A honey type BBQ would be yummy. I might have a BBQ chicken spice mix, let me go look and see what's in it.

Okay, this has brown sugar, , red pepper, garlic, onion, tomato, parsley, hickory smoke and other spices. I think something honey based would be yummy!

Where's Beth? She would know!

WHat about this one?BBQ Sammies (compliments of Allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted

READ REVIEWS (8)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. stir in the salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken; stir to coat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each bun.
Nutritional Analysis: One sandwich equals 270 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.

Here is one more for you.Shredded, Saucy BBQ Chicken Sammies Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Show: 30 Minute Meals
Episode: BBQ PDQ

1 cup chicken stock
1 bottle Mexican beer
4 pieces, 6 ounces each boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning, by McCormick)
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 large sour deli pickle, chopped
6 to 8 slices sweet bread and butter pickles, chopped
6 soft sammy buns, such as soft burger rolls, split

Bring liquids to a simmer in a small to medium skillet and slide in the chicken breast meat. Gently poach the chicken 10 minutes, turning once about after 5 minutes.
While chicken poaches, heat a second medium skillet over medium low heat. To hot skillet, add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic and onion and gently saute until chicken is ready to come out of poaching liquids. Combine the next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and reserve.

When the chicken has cooked through, add 2 ladles of the cooking liquid to the bowl, combining with the sauces, spices, brown sugar and tomato paste. Once the liquids and seasonings are combined, remove chicken, slice it, and transfer to the medium bowl. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and combine with the liquids. Add the shredded chicken to the onions and garlic and combine well. Simmer together 5 to 10 minutes, using extra cooking liquids to make your chicken as saucy as you like.

Combine sour and sweet pickles in a small bowl. Split rolls and fill with scoops of shredded chicken. Top with pickle relish and serve.

I have everything in the first one but celery - that is a good possibility...maybe I'll make it then see what it would taste like with some diced pickle in it????

janetupnorth said:
I have everything in the first one but celery - that is a good possibility...maybe I'll make it then see what it would taste like with some diced pickle in it????

Or maybe make it with green onion? I personally can live without the celery and only like those baby dill pickles...

Kitchen Diva said:
Or maybe make it with green onion? I personally can live without the celery and only like those baby dill pickles...

Ooh...I have fresh chives outside that haven't frozen with all this frost!

janetupnorth said:
Ooh...I have fresh chives outside that haven't frozen with all this frost!
Green pepper might work, too. I'm not sure chives would taste good with a BBQ type sauce. What do you think?

I'm off to go and complain on my "not to be ungrateful" thread about another email I got from another insurance company.

I'll never post my resume's there again. I'm very disappointed by the results that have come from it!

janetupnorth said:

Do you have celery salt, or celery seed? You could sub a little of that for the celery. Plus, I often skip celery if I'm making a recipe for my mom & SIL - they both hate celery - and no one ever knows the difference.

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you have celery salt, or celery seed? You could sub a little of that for the celery. Plus, I often skip celery if I'm making a recipe for my mom & SIL - they both hate celery - and no one ever knows the difference.

Yes, I have celery salt - good call...I'll try that when I make the sauce.

Well I'm glad to see that Janet and I aren't the only ones on this thread! LOL we might as well have just PM'd one another~!

Well, I'm just glad someone gave me SOMETHING! I was at a search-stump...just couldn't seem to Google the right thing to get what I wanted (and that is rare!!!)...

janetupnorth said:
Well, I'm just glad someone gave me SOMETHING! I was at a search-stump...just couldn't seem to Google the right thing to get what I wanted (and that is rare!!!)...
We're here for ya! :)

Chicken BBQ is one of my cheats.

I didn't really have any ideas, because when I do Chicken BBQ, it's chicken breast in the crockpot with Sweet Baby Ray's.

ChefBeckyD said:
Chicken BBQ is one of my cheats.

I didn't really have any ideas, because when I do Chicken BBQ, it's chicken breast in the crockpot with Sweet Baby Ray's.

Yeah, I'm all out of Sweet Baby Rays... :(

Used it a week ago...

...and I used the bottle of Apricot Bourbon BBQ sauce I had just gotten for 98 cents on the beef!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, I'm all out of Sweet Baby Rays... :(

Used it a week ago...

...and I used the bottle of Apricot Bourbon BBQ sauce I had just gotten for 98 cents on the beef!!!!

I must say though, that sounds insanely good!

ChefBeckyD said:
I must say though, that sounds insanely good!

That doesn't sound as insanely good as helping poor me find a gumbo recipe.... :) lol

It's Famous Dave's Marinade...first time I tried it and it is good - different too. I'd help you with the gumbo but I JUST got done shreading my chicken and need to make the sauce!

Kitchen Diva said:
That doesn't sound as insanely good as helping poor me find a gumbo recipe.... :) lol
Sorry Kacey, can't help you there. To me, okra is a slimey, hairy, vile non-food.:yuck: I lived in Columbia SC for 6 years, and really tried to like it - hey, an suburb of Cola., Irmo - was home to the OkraFest. But it was a no go - yuck yuck yuck!

By the way, if you don't know... once you cook chicken all day in the crock pot, a few twists of the Mix & Chop and it's shredded! It's my favorite use for that tool!!!

Hey guess what Becky?!?! I had a new jar of Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory BBQ sauce in my cloth grocery bag I forgot to put away! So I made the first one Kacey posted with the celery salt substitute and I replaced the salsa in the recipe with a bit of the SBR BBQ sauce! Yummo!!!!Hopefully both will be a hit tomorrow!!!!...and now it is time for me to go to bed! I'm going to be tired tomorrow!!!!

IAmChefJ said:
By the way, if you don't know... once you cook chicken all day in the crock pot, a few twists of the Mix & Chop and it's shredded! It's my favorite use for that tool!!!

I use the mix n chop to shred chicken that I've cooked for Power Cooking Shows! It works great!

1. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of the sandwiches.

2. Can I use a slow cooker for this recipe?

Yes, you can absolutely use a slow cooker for this recipe. Simply follow the same steps, but instead of cooking in the oven, cook on low heat in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.

3. Can I use a different type of meat?

Yes, you can use different types of meat for this recipe. However, beef and chicken work best for shredding and creating a delicious texture for the sandwiches.

4. What other toppings would pair well with these sandwiches?

Some popular toppings for these sandwiches include shredded cheese, sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, and barbecue sauce.

5. Can I make these sandwiches ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these sandwiches ahead of time. Simply shred the meat and store it separately from the bread and toppings. When ready to eat, reheat the meat and assemble the sandwiches with your desired toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies