• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Melted Ice Cream Cake Recipe

In summary, melting ice cream and using it in a cake is a great way to repurpose it. The melted ice cream provides liquid, fat, and flavorings, and if it contains chunks of chocolate, pralines, cookie dough, cherries, or nuts, it adds even more deliciousness to the cake. This recipe is versatile and can be made with any variety of cake mix and ice cream flavors. It's also easy to make and can even be made without eggs. Overall, this melted ice cream cake is a tasty and creative dessert option.
thechefofnorthbend
Whether you melt the ice cream on purpose or by mistake, this is a great way to use it up. Your liquid, fat and flavorings are in the ice cream. And if that ice cream just happens to have big chunks of chocolate, pralines, cookie dough, cherries or nuts, all the better! Your cake will be a filled with all of that yummy goodness just as the ice cream was.

Melted Ice Cream Cake
Serves 10-12
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
2 cups melted ice cream, your choice of flavor
3 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350 F and move the rack to the middle. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan or angel food cake pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.

Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute to mix. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes longer, scraping the sides as necessary until the batter is thick and well-blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula.

Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38 to 42 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a small plate or rack, then again onto a second rack so that the cake is right side up to complete cooling, 30 minutes more.

Finish with a light dusting of powdered sugar or your favorite icing.

Notes:
1. You can melt the ice cream in the microwave on “Defrost.” Check and stir it every few minutes until it becomes liquid.

2. A pint of ice cream may not produce two cups once melted because some manufacturers pump air into the ice cream during the manufacturing process.

3. In a pinch, you can leave out the eggs. I did once by accident, and my German chocolate mix with Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream was awesome.
You can use any variety of cake mix with any combination of ice creams you might have on hand. I’ve used cake mixes with pudding, double pudding, no pudding, extra moist, ultra moist all with good results. And I’ve mixed together several flavors and brands of ice cream just to use up those last bits that take refuge in the back of the freezer.

It sounds really good! If you use vanilla ice cream and white cake mix does the eggs turn it yellow? It sounds so good and easy!!

gilliandanielle said:
It sounds really good! If you use vanilla ice cream and white cake mix does the eggs turn it yellow? It sounds so good and easy!!

No, it just turns out yummy!

1. How do I make the Delicious Melted Ice Cream Cake?

To make the Delicious Melted Ice Cream Cake, you will need 1 box of cake mix (any flavor), 1 pint of your favorite ice cream (softened), and 3 eggs. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, softened ice cream, and eggs until well blended. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.

2. Can I use any flavor of ice cream for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream for this recipe. Some popular choices include vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, but feel free to get creative and use your favorite flavor.

3. Can I make this cake without using a box mix?

Yes, you can make this cake without using a box mix. Simply substitute the box mix with 1 and 1/2 cups of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix these dry ingredients together and then add in the softened ice cream and eggs as directed in the recipe.

4. Can I use dairy-free ice cream for this recipe?

Yes, you can use dairy-free ice cream for this recipe. Just make sure it is softened to the same consistency as regular ice cream before mixing it with the other ingredients.

5. How should I store any leftovers of the Melted Ice Cream Cake?

Leftover Melted Ice Cream Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, just let it thaw before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • DebPC