• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious March Show Recipes for Your Upcoming Event!

In summary, the author is suggesting that people make chicken fajitas using the Ultimate Mandoline to slice the bell peppers and onions, then put them in a layer in the DCB, and sprinkle on some southwest or chipotle seasoning. They suggest preparing all the toppings while the fajitas are in the microwave.
DebPC
Staff member
What's everyone making for March at their shows? I have my first on 3/1 so i have to make up my mind really soon.

I was thinking cupcakes! :D Really wanting to do shamrock ones before St. Patrick's Day. I was thinking 2 marshmallows to a leaf on the clover, but this photo that I found online only has 1 & it looks okay. I'd use the dark green sprinkles on white marshmallows & probably stick with white frosting to keep from turning everyone's mouth green ... but I'll have to play at home & decide for sure. ;)

shamrock+cupcakes

I'm thinking about going back to chicken fajitas and making salsa in the new MFP

I've done fajita's for 2yrs now and sell a few DCB every time so I'm not fixing what isn't broken - simply adding the salsa now. In the summer I always do the fresh pineapple salsa with them but now I have a few more options. I also do a 1lb pork tenderloin at my show opening as an 'appetizer' with Oil Dipping Seasoning on it as a rub. Party the other night sold 3 baker bundles and the show before that 4 with 2 bookings. The fajitas are simple, fast, economical, healthy, one dish recipe, tasty and family friendly...what more could anyone ask for? ;)

I'm doing Fajitas w/ the new Mango Salsa...

or

Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad.

If it just showed more products, I'd be doing the Bacon & Bleu Cheese Potato Crisps. Those are so yummy - but I try not to demo mini-muffin pan recipes.
I don't know though...I might still be thinking about doing this one!

fajitas and 5 Second Guacamole or Mango Pineapple Salsa. For the guacamole doing an avocado and pre made salsa in the MFP, 5 pumps and viola!

Fajitas and salsa. Ohh.... I love that guacamole recipe! Thanks!!

pcjenni said:
fajitas and 5 Second Guacamole or Mango Pineapple Salsa. For the guacamole doing an avocado and pre made salsa in the MFP, 5 pumps and viola!

Hey! You could just do the salsa first, and then leave a little in the MFP, add the avocado...and you have Salsa and 5 second guacamole! I think I'm going to do that! Thanks for the idea!

Chefbeckyd said:
Hey! You could just do the salsa first, and then leave a little in the MFP, add the avocado...and you have Salsa and 5 second guacamole! I think I'm going to do that! Thanks for the idea!

Wow!!! I thought like Becky on this one! :cool:

I have a host that wants to do an ice cream party on March 6th...um...we will be lucky to reach 15 degrees today...but I am going to warm up on my mango salsa sundaes to try to fit in what she wants and what I want to show as well.

I have been doing the chicken fajitahs as well and the ideas here will make wonderful additions!

I haven't even done the fajitas at a show. I should do that at my show coming up this weekend. I've already told the host that I'd like to do something with the DCB since it's on sale.

Hmmm, wonder if the new products will come in time to do the salsa too ... Probably not. :(

Okay really dumb question... where do I find the fajita recipe that everyone is talking about?

Hmmm, I didn't have a recipe! LOL

I read somewhere to use the Ultimate Mandoline to slice up bell peppers & onions. Then make layers in the DCB - peppers, onions, uncooked chicken strips (you can cut the boneless breasts into strips), sprinkle on some southwest seasoning, then layer more peppers & onions. Put the lid on & cook until the chicken is done. Meanwhile, you can heat the flour tortillas in the oven. If they want lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, grated cheese, etc. you can prepare all that while the DCB is in the microwave.

cookingwithlove said:
Okay really dumb question... where do I find the fajita recipe that everyone is talking about?

If you have the Weekday Dinner Done Meal Cards its in there as Rush Hour Fajitas.

Here's my variation that I've done for 2yrs now:
UM: Slice up 2-3 good size onions (white/yellow) & put into the DCB

UM: Slice a green pepper & put into DCB

UM: Slice a red/orange pepper & put into DCB (only one - pick the color)

Sprinkle Southwestern or Chipotle seasoning over veggies

Chefs Tongs: Place 1-2lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts/tenders over veggies (single layer)

Sprinkle more seasoning over chicken

Grinder Set: Salt & Pepper Chicken to taste

Garlic Press: Press 2 - 3 cloves of fresh garlic over the chicken

Citrus Press: Squeeze half a lime over chicken for some "BAM" and extra flavor (helps the steaming process too!)

Lid on baker - approx 15min in microwave (10min per pound).
Remove and chop up everything in the DCB with Salad Chopper.
Serve with large bamboo tongs.

Time will depend on thickness of chicken and total qty (lbs) but always go with 15 for a guideline..if very thick it may need a few more minutes. Don't overcook or chicken is tough to cut up with Salad Chopper.

Voila - dinner is served!
I microwave the soft shells on a plate for 1 minute with a wet papertowel over them on a square SA plate.

I use the dots trio bowl for salsa, sour cream & shredded cheese with the petite bamboo spoons in two and the small tongs with the cheese.

Notes of other things I do;
Leave part of an onion and demo food chopper b/c "when you're not slicing your dicing."

Also show the garlic peeler and slicer when using the garlic press because not everyone wants to press garlic - and who wants to peel it? SLiced garlic great for in the saute pan and whole garlic great for stuffing in meat.

The other half of lime can either be used in recipe (if they are as small as they are right now...golf balls are bigger) OR explain that having a lime leftover simply means that margarita's have to go with the fajitas (they laugh) and a great natural way to eliminate scent in a garbage disposal is to grind up citrus peels (and I offer the tip to never grind shrimp in a GD as I learned that lesson the HARD way...or stinky way. UGH!)

I don't measure the SW seasoning, I simply sprinkle over the top or as I tell them "I eye ball this b/c this is my chance to be Rachel Ray and she doesn't measure anything."

Use the Dig Pocket Thermometer to show that "If you get sick tonight, its not because of my cooking because as you see, these fajitas are at X degrees." (as I walk around the room with the DCB to show off all the juice and the temp on the DPT. Also allows me to talk about the oven mitt and pad, then I set the DCB on the stackable cooling rack.

Here's what I do to make the fajitas:

With UM slice a medium onion and 2 bell peppers (different colors) into DCB. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Chipolte Rub on top. Cut chicken breasts into tenders sized pieces and place over vegetables. Sprinkle an additional 1 Tbsp Chipolte Rub over that. Cover. Microwave on high for 15 minutes. Check chicken for doneness then shred chicken with Salad Choppers. Serve with warmed 9 inch tortillas (heated in mini-baker) and sour cream and shredded cheese (in SA sq bowls & stand).

While the fajitas are cooking I have been doing the pass around salsa with the Salad Choppers (jalapeno, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, then juice of a lime) but now I will be doing the salsa in the MFP instead.

If there's a crowd you can add extra veggies and a denser layer of chicken (more, closer together) - adding a little extra time.

ETA: Reading over Melissa's instructions again, I see mine is almost exactly the same...

Beth are your veggies cooked but not msuh? I am finding that with the the whole breast that they have to cook so long that the veggies are water logged. I may have to try that method.

baychef said:
Beth are your veggies cooked but not msuh? I am finding that with the the whole breast that they have to cook so long that the veggies are water logged. I may have to try that method.

No they are not mushy. Everyone says they are awesome. There's plenty of liquid but most of it reabsorbs quickly. They are always amazed that I didn't add any liquids to this - I also never add oil to the pan for this recipe - even if I'm using a new DCB.

To clarify, I cut the breast into pieces about 4-5" x 2-3" so they cook faster and evenly.

I simply use boneless skinless chicken tenders (or cut breats into the strips). Breasts do take too long (IMO) and can turn rubbery. I don't add oil either.

bethcooks4u said:
ETA: Reading over Melissa's instructions again, I see mine is almost exactly the same...

I'm just too wordy compared to your concise directions. LOL

I put the veggies in after 7 1/2 minutes. I stir around the chicken and add the veggies so they don't get too soft. I'm going to start using the Veggie Wedger for the onions from now on. That thing is AWESOME!

I do whole breast because I show and sell the meat tenderizer. I sell the heck out of those tenderizers. It is always one of my top 5 selling products and something they would never find in the catalog on their own at $28!

Oh my gosh the fajitas are a fave here too. I asked one of my daughters what she wanted for supper tonight and she chose those. Wahoo! Easy peezy.
I am thinking about doing a grill pan chicken breasts and actually demo the mango salsa to go with. Makin it fresh and makin it healthy. Although I feel naked if I don't do something in my magic pot. So I may add in a lava cake.
Sheila-do you not feature your magic pot at every show?
ps.. those cupcakes look AMAZING!!

pcjenni said:
I do whoel breast because I show and sell the meat tenderizer. I sell the heck out of those tenderizers. It is always one of my top 5 selling products and something they would never find in the catalog on their own at $28!

Jenni- me too! I talk about the extra benefits such as keeping it beside my bed at night in case someone breaks in and I need a good bludgeoning tool. But I always sell 2 or 3 each time I use it.

I show it at every show. People rave about it after the purcahse it. I demo the cutting board, hold n slice and tenderizer, then the adjustable measuring spoon for the rub and the baker.

I add the salad choppers in there as well. It's interesting to hear what different people use in their demos.
My rule of thumb is ( and my team will tell you, lol word for word...) if it's $10.00 or less it gets no air time.

Becky, no. I do take it to some of the shows, but not every single one of them. If it's a group of enlisted wives, they will penny pinch to the $60 mark & stop. The officer's wives are more apt to buy something that expensive. The Enlisted wives usually don't think how much they can save in the long run, they look at the immediate cost for the 1 item & shy away. If they get it, it's usually 1/2 price or for free as a host benefit. ;)

I ran a special for the DCB in my newsletter this month ... get corporate's deal + the guest special & I'd throw in the RUFTH Trivet. Not one person ordered. But if I run a 20% off sale, I start getting e-mails & phone calls! In Jan I ran a sale called "I'm celebrating my promotion to AD" and offered 40% off up to $1,000 or by ____ deadline. I went to bed & woke up to a little over $1,400 in sales! 1 person never paid so I ended up dropping her order. So I ended up with a little over $1,300 in sales. 2 ordered enought to be their own $300 catalog show & get more for less. They were SUPER happy! The rest went on a 3rd catalog show & I took the host benefits. I did pay a little out of pocket, but the team overrides for hitting the level I needed made up for it PLUS some. ;) I don't think I'll ever do another sale on an item, only a % off. I always get a better response with it! Even at booths. :D

beckyjsmith said:
Jenni- me too! I talk about the extra benefits such as keeping it beside my bed at night in case someone breaks in and I need a good bludgeoning tool. But I always sell 2 or 3 each time I use it.

I quit taking it to my shows because I was trying to lighten my load, but you all inspired me and I added it back to my kit, but to be honest I have always felt clumsy and awkward demoing this.
Becky and Jenni, would either/both of you be willing you post your "demo" for the meat tenderizer????
I think maybe I don't use it right or just don't have the right words to say.
Thanks!

Where's the guacamole recipe? I don't want to do the salsa in the MFP because I do it at every show with the salad choppers and sell a Boatload of salad choppers, but the guacamole, fajitas, um, yum....where is it? I might be having a senior moment here...just humor me.

avocado and about 1/4 cup pre made salsa... 4 or 5 pumps of the MFP and viola guac

for the meat tenderizers here is what I say:

"so how many of you use a meat tenderizer? If you do does it look like a little hammer? Does it have a wooden handle? If you are using wood in the kitchen, please rethink that. Wood is one of the biggest ways to cross contaminate because wood harbors bateria unlike metal. Our meat tenderizers is awesome because it comes apart and goes into the dishwasher. (i demo how is comes apart). Let me pass this around so you can get a feel for how quickly it will work on your meat. Now, if I were to cook these 4 chicken breasts in the over for 30 to 40 minutes, what happens to the pointed end of the chicken breast? Right, it dries out because you are cooking the chicken to get the fat part of the breast cooked throught. Meat tends to be the most expensive part of your meal, why are you throwing it away. Because basically you are going to throw that bottom piece away or give it the dog. So by flattening and tenderizing your chicken you are cooking it faster, which means it will juicy, moist and you can use it all. Also, because I am tenderizing at the same time as flattening it, it will be fork tender instead of having to saw through a dry breast. Now who has had a bad day and wants to take it out on our chicken rather than their husband or kids??"

Related to Delicious March Show Recipes for Your Upcoming Event!

1. What are some popular recipes for March events?

Some popular recipes for March events include Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage, lamb stew, and Guinness chocolate cake.

2. What are some easy-to-make recipes for a March show?

Some easy-to-make recipes for a March show include green smoothies, shamrock-shaped sugar cookies, and mini quiches with seasonal vegetables.

3. Are there any gluten-free options for March event recipes?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for March event recipes such as cauliflower crust pizza, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, and gluten-free Irish soda bread.

4. What are some budget-friendly recipes for a March show?

Some budget-friendly recipes for a March show include roasted vegetables with herbs, lentil and vegetable soup, and black bean and corn salad.

5. Can you suggest some vegetarian options for a March event?

Yes, some vegetarian options for a March event include mushroom and spinach quiche, vegetable lasagna, and roasted chickpea and vegetable wraps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mxivideomen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefJWarren