• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Easy Dipping Caramel for Halloween Apples?

In summary, to make the caramel stick to the apples, make sure the apples are completely dry and consider using a small amount of lemon juice. Any type of apple can be used for caramel apples, but firm and tart apples are recommended. Leftover caramel apples can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and should be brought to room temperature before serving. Store-bought caramel can be used for homemade caramel apples, but making your own from scratch will result in better flavor and texture. Toppings can be added to the caramel apples immediately after dipping them in the caramel while it is still warm and soft.
catlwilles
Gold Member
My sister and I have decided to dip our own caramel apples this year for Halloween. Does anybody have a good recipe for the caramel sauce that would be easy for dipping? We were going to dip some in Butterfingers, too. What are the best toppings that you've tried? TIA

What is with everyone posting threads about things that im craving hahaha..now im going to make some of this as well.=)

I made about 40 of these last year! I used the caramel candies that you can buy in bulk and melted them with a very small amount of milk. They worked great! adn were very easy since I made so many.

Hello! I'm so excited for you and your sister to make your own caramel apples this Halloween. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have a tried and true recipe for caramel sauce that is perfect for dipping apples. Here's what you'll need:-1 cup of brown sugar
-1/2 cup of butter
-1/4 cup of corn syrup
-1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extractIn a saucepan, melt the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens and reaches a caramel consistency.As for toppings, I highly recommend crushed Butterfingers as well as chopped nuts, sprinkles, and mini chocolate chips. Get creative and have fun with it! Happy dipping! TIA

1. How do I make the caramel stick to the apples?

The key to making the caramel stick to the apples is to make sure the apples are completely dry before dipping them into the caramel. You can also use a small amount of lemon juice on the apple surface to help the caramel adhere.

2. Can I use any type of apple for caramel apples?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for caramel apples. However, it is recommended to use firm and tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp for the best results.

3. How do I store leftover caramel apples?

If you have any leftover caramel apples, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving for the best taste.

4. Can I use store-bought caramel for homemade caramel apples?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel for homemade caramel apples. However, making your own caramel from scratch will give you a better flavor and texture.

5. How can I add toppings to the caramel apples?

After dipping the apples in the caramel, you can immediately roll them in your desired toppings such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or sprinkles. Make sure to do this while the caramel is still warm and soft.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58