• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Caramel Corn Recipe: Perfect for Snacking or Gifting!

S
sarahmarie
I am in love with the caramel corn recipe! I did it in a regual skillet and mixed the popcorn in my host only stainless steel bowl and baked it in the rect. baker. It is yummy warm too! My dad loves Fiddle Faddle and Cracker Jacks but he said this was the best caramel corn he has ever had! I made a half batch the other night to test it out (1 bag of popcorn) and she ate almost the whole thing. I have to make 2 batches tonight (i wish i had the roaster pan). my dad asked me every night this week if i was going to make him some more! I will save him a bunch!

Where did you get the recipe?

Here you go - I posted it as an additional way to use the roaster - it is yummy!

Oven Caramel Corn

2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes in large Roasting pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. ( may add 1-2 cups of nuts at this time also!) Pour mixture back into Roasting Pan (if using another pan, make sure you butter it very well!- but no need to butter with Roasting Pan!). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.

I made this in mid-October and made a few additions to it. After it cooled, I mixed in about 18 ounces of candy corn (1 1/2 "big bags") and a bunch of salted cashews. YUM!!!

It would also be good with seasonal M&Ms in it - peanut or plain. They add color and make it festive.

I cannot wait to try this, it sounds so yummy! I think I'll make a batch when my roaster pan comes in. Can you believe one of my hostesses didn't want it!!! She let me buy it at the $58!!

I made the microwave brown bag version and it is AWESOME and SO QUICK AND EASY!!! Love it!! I am addicted!! LOL

Yummy!!I am definitely trying that tonight!! YUMMY!!
I will let you know how it turns out for us. We love popcorn!!

Debbie :D

I'm so excited!!! Does anyone have other baker recipes to share?

what is the brown bag version?
my version is a mess! But it is worth it. I have it in the oven right now. i have to go stir it!

I love this recipe! It is SO easy to make. Beware though....it is very addictive!! :D

Attachments

• MICROWAVE - BROWN BAG CARAMEL CORN.doc
    20 KB · Views: 404
Yum!

My host from Thursday chose the Roasting Pan so I will be sure to give this to her!

Delicious!!!This recipe for caramel corn was great!! My family loved it and my mother came over to visit today and took a ziploc bag full home with her. Even my dad and husband liked it and they are very picky.
It turned out really good. I love my roasting pan!!! I can't wait to make the Thanksgiving Turkey in it!! :D :D :D

Debbie :D

This caramel corn recipe is so yummy, I thought some new folks would like to see it!

I was just thinking it was about time I made some of this again! LOVE IT!:love:

I agree! That is the very best recipe ever. I have already made 3 or 4 batches this season, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I made last year!

Thank you for reposting this, I can't wait to make it with my boys.

I don't have the roasting pan, can this be made in something else? Can I boil the mixture on the stovetop and then maybe put it on stoneware to bake? I love caramel corn and would love to try this!

mpkegley said:
I don't have the roasting pan, can this be made in something else? Can I boil the mixture on the stovetop and then maybe put it on stoneware to bake? I love caramel corn and would love to try this!
You can do that, but it won't fit well in stoneware, unless you have the rectangular lid/bowl. If you do 2/3 of the recipe, it should fit in the Rectangular Baker. The version I have in a non-PC cookbook directs to cook the caramel in a saucepan, then pour over the popcorn. You can bake the popcorn in a paper bag. (No, it won't burn, because it's at 250F, and paper ignites at 451F.)

chefann said:
You can do that, but it won't fit well in stoneware, unless you have the rectangular lid/bowl. If you do 2/3 of the recipe, it should fit in the Rectangular Baker. The version I have in a non-PC cookbook directs to cook the caramel in a saucepan, then pour over the popcorn. You can bake the popcorn in a paper bag. (No, it won't burn, because it's at 250F, and paper ignites at 451F.)

Thanks! I may have to try this soon.

I have this recipe from my mom, she has made it for years (also not from PC) and she has always baked it in the oven on a cookie sheet so I don't see why you couldn't put it on the large bar pan and be successful making it.

i am so trying this!!! thanks for starting this again!!

1. What makes this caramel corn recipe stand out from others?

This caramel corn recipe uses a combination of a regular skillet and a stainless steel bowl for mixing, as well as baking the popcorn in a rectangular baker. This results in a delicious and evenly coated caramel corn that is perfect for snacking or gifting.

2. Can I use a different type of pan for baking the caramel corn?

Yes, you can use a roasting pan instead of a rectangular baker. However, the rectangular baker is recommended for even baking and coating of the caramel corn.

3. What makes this recipe better than store-bought options like Fiddle Faddle or Cracker Jacks?

This recipe uses all-natural ingredients and allows for customization of the sweetness level to suit individual preferences. It also results in a fresher and more flavorful caramel corn compared to pre-packaged options.

4. How much does this recipe yield?

This recipe yields approximately 8 cups of caramel corn, which is perfect for sharing or gifting.

5. Can this recipe be made in advance?

Yes, this caramel corn can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Just be sure to let it cool completely before storing to prevent it from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies