• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Canning Recipes for Dill Pickles, Sweet Corn, Peaches & More!

In summary, the conversation is about finding quick and easy recipes for pickling cucumbers from the garden. The person is also looking for recipes for canning sweet corn, peaches, and homemade spaghetti sauce. A suggestion is made to try Mrs. Wages mixes for pickles and spaghetti sauce. For sweet corn, the person suggests using a blue book from Ball for syrup measurements. Finally, there are two recipes provided for classic dill pickles and easy bread & butter pickles.
Karen
Gold Member
I am being over run with cucumbers from our garden! I'm in search of quick, easy, yet yummy recipes for making dill pickles. My DH loved the bread & butter pickles that his gram used to make (years ago) so I would also love any bread & butter recipes out there as well.

Has anyone ever canned sweet corn or peaches? As well as making an easy homemade spaghetti sauce? Looking for those recipes as well. (I think I'm making more work for myself, but 'tis the season!)

Thanks for your help!!!

We just got done with most of our canning. I found Mrs. Wages mixes for pickles & spag. sauce. They were favs at our house. Made the work really easy too (as easy as it gets when home canning!).

We froze our sweet corn this year & for the peaches just made a simple light syrup. There is a blue book from Ball about canning. That's where we got our syrup measurements.

For the pickles, ours came out kind of soft. I've heard that you can put a grape leaf in the jars to help keep the cukes firm while canning. Haven't tried that, so I don't know if it works or not.

1. Classic Dill PicklesIngredients:- 4-5 pickling cucumbers, sliced into spears or rounds- 2 cups water- 1 cup white vinegar- 1/4 cup pickling salt- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 2 tsp dill seeds- 1 tsp black peppercorns- 1 tsp mustard seedsInstructions:1. Sterilize 2 quart-sized mason jars by boiling them in a large pot of water for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.2. In a large saucepan, combine water, vinegar, and pickling salt. Bring to a boil.3. In each mason jar, place 1 tsp of dill seeds, 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns, 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds, and 1 clove of minced garlic.4. Pack cucumber slices tightly into the jars, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top.5. Pour the hot brine over the cucumbers, filling the jars to the top.6. Place lids on the jars and let them cool to room temperature.7. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. The pickles will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.2. Easy Bread & Butter PicklesIngredients:- 4-5 pickling cucumbers, sliced into rounds- 1 small onion, thinly sliced- 1/4 cup pickling salt- 1 cup white vinegar- 1/2 cup granulated sugar- 1 tsp mustard seeds- 1 tsp celery seeds- 1 tsp ground turmericInstructions:1. Place cucumber slices and onion in a colander and sprinkle with pickling salt. Let sit for 1 hour.2. In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, and turmeric. Bring to a boil.3. Rinse the cucumbers and onions well and pat dry.4. Place them in a sterilized quart-sized mason jar.5. Pour the hot brine over the cucumbers, filling the jar to the top.6. Place lid on the jar and let it cool to room temperature.7. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. The pickles will keep

1. What types of recipes are included in the "Delicious Canning Recipes" book?

The book includes recipes for dill pickles, sweet corn, peaches, and more. These recipes have been carefully selected and tested to ensure delicious results every time.

2. Are the canning recipes suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in this book are perfect for beginners. The step-by-step instructions make it easy for anyone to successfully can their own delicious pickles, corn, and fruit.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make these recipes?

Yes, you will need basic canning equipment such as canning jars, lids, a canning pot, and tongs. These can be purchased at most kitchen supply stores or online.

4. Can I adjust the recipes to suit my personal taste?

Yes, the recipes in this book can be adjusted to suit your personal taste preferences. You can add or reduce the amount of spices and seasonings to create your perfect batch of dill pickles or sweet corn.

5. Are the canning recipes safe for long-term storage?

Yes, all of the recipes in this book have been tested and are safe for long-term storage. Proper canning techniques, including sterilizing jars and using the correct amount of acid, are used to ensure the safety and shelf life of the canned goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Lisa/ChefBear