• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Easy Jalapeno Baked Brie Recipe | Perfect for All Ages

In summary, the food chopper would not chop the fresh jalapeno pepper at a show today. Generally, I mince them with a knife, at home. So, I laughed and switched to a knife. Used the chopper for pecans. The pepper was already cut in half--ribs, seeds and stem end removed. Perhaps the skin was extra tough. Any input on Jalapenos? They were delighted it was so tasty. Plus such an easy recipe.
CookingwithMary
The food chopper would not chop the fresh jalapeno pepper at a show today. Generally I mince them with a knife, at home. So I laughed and switched to a knife. Used the chopper for pecans.The pepper was already cut in half--ribs, seeds and stem end removed. Perhaps the skin was extra tough.Any input on Jalapenos? I do bell and serrano peppers all the time in the chopper.BTW most of the guests were well over 60 years old today one in her late 90s. Some were afraid the EVIL :eek: Jalapeno would ruin the recipe. They were delighted it was so tasty. Plus such an easy recipe. :D Also shared that sometimes I just make half the recipe, slice and wrap the brie and use it the next week. Works well!

If you don't put the skin side up first, it has a hard time cutting through the skin. That's the only thing I can think of.

I do Jalapenos with my garlic press. I just cut them in half and clear out the insides, then cut it into a couple of pieces and press. You get the juice and pulp without big chunks.

wadesgirl said:
If you don't put the skin side up first, it has a hard time cutting through the skin. That's the only thing I can think of.

I was thinking the same thing. I have had this problem before with something with tough skin. That's why at shows I general use the knife b/c I worry it will happen in front of everyone.:D

Thanks for the great ideas! Skin up makes sense, based on what happened.Jalapeno in the garlic press...I like that.

CookingwithMary said:
Thanks for the great ideas! Skin up makes sense, based on what happened.

Jalapeno in the garlic press...I like that.
It's the same with red and green peppers and other foods with an outer skin. The blades have an easier time cutting through the skin when it's up than trying to cut through if it's on the cutting board. Weird little thing but it does work.

What is the best way to prepare jalapenos for Baked Brie?

The best way to prepare jalapenos for Baked Brie is to slice them thinly and remove the seeds for a milder flavor. You can also roast the jalapenos before adding them to the Brie for a smokier taste.

How do I prevent the jalapenos from overpowering the Baked Brie?

To prevent the jalapenos from overpowering the Baked Brie, make sure to use a small amount of jalapenos and evenly distribute them on top of the Brie. You can also mix in some cream cheese or other mild cheese to balance out the spiciness.

Can I use canned jalapenos for Baked Brie?

Yes, you can use canned jalapenos for Baked Brie. However, fresh jalapenos will provide a better texture and flavor. If using canned jalapenos, make sure to drain them well before adding them to the Brie.

How do I serve Baked Brie with jalapenos?

Baked Brie with jalapenos is best served warm, straight out of the oven. You can serve it with crackers, bread, or sliced apples or pears for a delicious appetizer. Make sure to let the Brie cool for a few minutes before serving.

Can I use jalapenos in other recipes besides Baked Brie?

Yes, jalapenos can be used in a variety of recipes besides Baked Brie. You can add them to dips, salsas, sandwiches, and even cocktails for some added heat. Just make sure to adjust the amount of jalapenos based on your desired level of spiciness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tamzin1020
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies