• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Death by Chocolate - Variation of Recipes

In summary, this woman is a new consultant and is looking for recipes for a death by chocolate dish. She is considering the Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie, the Molten Chcolate Skillet Brownie, or the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. She also wants to try the Silky Chocolate Mousse in Crispy Shells. She has a question about whether she can use a stoneware skillet for any of the recipes. She is also interested in the Killer Kahula Cake and the Peanutty Brownie Pizza. She has a question about the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. She wants to know where she can find the recipe.
Sandibeach
Hello,

I'm a new consultant and doing a death by chocolate recipe. I'd like to try the Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie, or the Molten Chcolate Skillet Brownie or the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.

But the problem is, I DONT HAVE A SKILLET yet!!! Can I substitute and use a stoneware? I have both the round and square stone?

The other recipe I was considering is the Killer Kahula Cake... again no fluted pan... any other options?

I'm doing the cool and creamy fondue and I wanted to do a cake recipe.

Any advice is appreciated!
Tks

Here is my favorite. I call it my PMS Delight !!!!

Attachments

• Peanutty Brownie Pizza.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 409
You could easily do the Skillet Cookie on stoneware, since it's just cookie dough and the sides of the pan aren't required to hold in any batter.

The Peanutty Brownie Pizza is an awesome dessert. My kids love it. I make it for a lot of special occasions. My church also loves it and I make it when we have fellowship dinners.

Do you think I could do any of the skillet recipes in a stoneware? If so, how long to you think 25-30 minutes?? Regular cooking time for a cake? I'm going to experiment this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this out! It looks like it could easily transfer to stoneware!

Thanks for the other recipe - I'm going to try it out today!

Sandra--You should try the Silky Chocolate Mousse in Crispy Shells. It is divine!! The only baking you do takes about 4 minutes (to get the shells crispy). You can make little shells in the Mini-Muffin pan or do big ones like the recipe suggests (I like the little ones--although I eat wayyyy too many that way).

As for the skillet cakes in stoneware. I'm not sure which one you could convert to. I think it is the material and the shape of the cookware that allows the recipe to be so decadent (the moisture stays in the recipe). I am interested to see how your experiments turn out this weekend. If all else fails see if you can borrow a skillet from someone in your cluster.

Can you post the recipe for the Silky Mousse and tell me if you do anything different in the mini muffin pan? Thank you!

I'm doing a chocolate show next weekend and am doing the chocolate napoleans and a chocolate microwave cake. I have also done mini chocolate lava cakes in the prep bowls. Yum!

WHere can I find the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?
Margit

Is this what you want?I always look at the following link for recipes that I do not have. Many times they are there...it is one of my many used bookmarks!!!

http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm

Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake

Ingredients:
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries
Whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of Baker.

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.

4. Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge; drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

The Chocolate Chip Sensation has always been a hit for me and you can use either your round or square stone.

Thanks, those are great recipes... I'll try them!!

1. What is Death by Chocolate and why is it called that?

Death by Chocolate is a rich and decadent dessert that typically includes layers of chocolate cake, chocolate mousse or pudding, and topped with chocolate ganache or whipped cream. It is called "Death by Chocolate" because it is so indulgent and chocolatey that it almost feels like a guilty pleasure.

2. Are there any variations of the traditional Death by Chocolate recipe?

Yes, there are many variations of Death by Chocolate that include different types of chocolate, such as white chocolate or dark chocolate, and different add-ins like nuts, fruit, or caramel. You can also make a gluten-free or vegan version by using alternative ingredients.

3. Can I make Death by Chocolate ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Death by Chocolate ahead of time, but it is best to assemble it right before serving to ensure the layers stay intact and the texture is not compromised. You can also prepare the individual components (cake, mousse, ganache) ahead of time and assemble them when ready to serve.

4. How should I store leftovers of Death by Chocolate?

Leftover Death by Chocolate should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last for up to 3-4 days. However, the texture and flavor may not be as good as when it is freshly made.

5. Can I use a different type of cake for Death by Chocolate?

While chocolate cake is the traditional choice for Death by Chocolate, you can use other types of cake as well. Some popular alternatives include red velvet cake, chocolate pound cake, or even a chocolate chip cookie crust. Just make sure the cake is sturdy enough to hold the layers and won't become too soggy from the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pcjulie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pamperedcheflori