• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Day 3 Schedule: Verify Time & Avoid Early Departure | FLIGHT DEAL

McCormick Place is about 20 minutes from downtown by car. You can't walk there- if that's what you mean. :D Definitely a bus or cab ride away.McCormick Place is about 20 minutes from downtown by car.
Kathy's_Kitchen
Gold Member
What time does day 3 get done? I had to leave early last year to catch a plane and am hoping to not do the same this year. I found a round-trip flight for less than $150 but want to verify the time.

TIA!!

Is there anyone who can help?

It's usually scheduled to end around 1:50, but actually gets out closer to 1:30. Then you have to allow time to get luggage and get to the airport.

Thanks, Ann! I'll probably be okay with a 4:10 flight then, don't you think?

Depends. Are you going to check your bag on the flight. You have to allow time for that. And I don't know how long it takes to get to the airports from McCormick Place. I take the bus to Chicago.

Last year I just carried on....I can't remember how long it took to get to the airport...I think my memory is broken... :) I'll have to do some research; thanks for your help!

O'Hare I think is almost 45 minutes from downtown. So... figure an hour so that you have time just in case traffic stinks.

Okay along the same lines... What time does it start on the first day?

Usually after lunch for non-Directors. Around 1-ish. Directors will have their training and lunch that morning. HO tours are available early morning day 1.

And, they had a first-timer's breakfast thing last year. They may be doing that again.

Thanks, I was playing around to see if there was anyway I could afford a ticket. Yikes it was expensive. Looks like I would have to arrive on Sunday night (the 12th) which adds to the hotel bill...:cry:

chefann said:
Usually after lunch for non-Directors. Around 1-ish. Directors will have their training and lunch that morning. HO tours are available early morning day 1.
You'd think it would start a bit later, since most hotels don't let you check in before 3pm. What do you guys do with your luggage?? They sort of make it so you have to arrive the night before I guess. Hmmmm....better rethink my plan.

The hotel will hold your luggage until your room is available. We have done that before and they were ok.

esavvymom said:
You'd think it would start a bit later, since most hotels don't let you check in before 3pm. What do you guys do with your luggage?? They sort of make it so you have to arrive the night before I guess. Hmmmm....better rethink my plan.
If it started later and HO gave people time to actually check in, it wouldn't start until 6 pm.

The hotels are really great about checking your bags fast for you. And if you do that and you are in a conference hotel, it is a quick trip to McCormack!
It is a lot easier than it sounds. One word of warning. Tips are the norm. I do if I check them then I do again when I get them out. $2 per bag. I usually only have to worry about that on the last day. Maybe $8 bucks total for me. I bring one down and 2 back!

pampered1224 said:
The hotels are really great about checking your bags fast for you. And if you do that and you are in a conference hotel, it is a quick trip to McCormack!
It is a lot easier than it sounds. One word of warning. Tips are the norm. I do if I check them then I do again when I get them out. $2 per bag. I usually only have to worry about that on the last day. Maybe $8 bucks total for me. I bring one down and 2 back!

You are really nice, John.

My cluster arrives the day before. I arrived about 1 and we all met up (coming different parts of the country) for dinner, then my hospitality cluster's up line had a preconference workshop (I LOVE PATTY!) Then we could go to bed when we wanted to and be ready in the morning. I had never met my roommates so we had a BLAST! We'll do it again this time!

I dont really know the area...this will be my first time!....is the workshop close to the downtown area?

Google McCormick Place in Chicago. You'll find a map.

nldavis321 said:
I dont really know the area...this will be my first time!....is the workshop close to the downtown area?

You can't walk there- if that's what you mean. :D Definitely a bus or cab ride away.

Related to Day 3 Schedule: Verify Time & Avoid Early Departure | FLIGHT DEAL

What is the purpose of verifying time and avoiding early departure for a flight deal?

The purpose of verifying time and avoiding early departure for a flight deal is to ensure that you arrive at the airport on time and do not miss your flight. This is especially important for flight deals as they often have specific departure times and may not allow for any changes or refunds.

How do I verify the departure time for my flight deal?

To verify the departure time for your flight deal, you can check your booking confirmation or itinerary. You can also visit the airline's website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information.

What should I do if I notice a discrepancy in the departure time for my flight deal?

If you notice a discrepancy in the departure time for your flight deal, it is important to contact the airline or your booking agent immediately. They will be able to assist you in resolving the issue and ensuring that you arrive at the airport at the correct time.

Why is it important to avoid early departure for a flight deal?

Avoiding early departure for a flight deal is important because airlines often have strict policies regarding early check-in and may not allow you to board the flight if you arrive too early. Additionally, arriving too early may result in a longer wait time at the airport.

What can I do to avoid an early departure for my flight deal?

To avoid early departure for your flight deal, it is important to plan your travel time carefully. Consider factors such as traffic, airport check-in times, and possible delays. It is also recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mhrivera
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • Jean DeVries