• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crohn's Disease and Colon Resection: A Personal Journey of Struggle and Hope

In summary, DF underwent surgery to remove his colon and was left with 2 temporary ilostomy bags. Today he had his third surgery in 3 weeks to make them slightly more permanant. He is likely to be home in 3 to 6 months.
robinhild
Ok, so my fiance has Crohn's disease. Has had a rough 6 months with it so ended up needing a colon resection. That was 3 weeks ago today. Ever since he has struggled trying to get the bowels moving again, so he has been stuck in the damn hospital. Sunday his pulse was elevated and he was very distended... so they ended up doing emergency surgery at 12:30 at night. That left him with 2 temporary ilostomy bags. Today he had his third surgery in three weeks to make them slightly more permanant. Probably 3 to 6 months. I am so tired/sick of hospitals and all of this crap. I just want to get him home with me and have him be OK. I don't think I have ever been so tired/emotionally drained in my entire life. I just want to cry all the time thinking about what he is going through.

Dr. said that today went well and things looked good inside, and that if it continues to go well that he should be home in 72 hours or so. However, she also said the first surgery that he would be home in 4 or 5 days. I have been dissapointed so many times that I don't think I can take anymore dissapointments. It crushes me. I don't think I am going to feel right until I get him home.

Not that this really matters.... but I did have to cancel my open house. Guess I will have to try to qualify in 90 days instead of 30. So much for getting that May bonus.

Sorry for the rant- just had to get it out there.

((((((((Robin)))))))

Sorry you & DF are going through such a hard time right now.

Not getting the bonus isn't the end of the world! There will be plenty of opportunities to earn free stuff - take care of yourself and your beloved for now!

(((hugs))) I hope everything gets solved soon!

My 4 year old just had his intestinal biopsy and possibly getting portions of his intestine removed and fused back together to the "working parts". Hard to see Loved Ones go through this!

My brother has Crohn's disease he has had it for years he had 1 surgery but in the hospital many times ne for with pain, He had the surgery about 15 yeas ago he's 50 now he is doing great but has to go get a medicine calle RAMICADE ( something like that ) evey month for the rest of his life but all is really good Good luck

Robin, I'm so sorry that your sweetie is still in the hospital and I'm sorry for the toll this is taking on you! HUGS!!! I will pray for both of you! My niece has Crohn's disease (I thought she had colitis, but that's my nephew who has that) and she responded well to medicine. I pray the same will be true of your sweetie.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could just give him some fiber and he'd be able to "go"...

Hang in there, and don't worry about qualifying in 30 days. Like someone else said, there will be so many chances to earn free goodies, etc. Just take care of yourself and your sweetie! Try to be positive- he needs that from you!!

hugs and prayers,

Sorry you and he are going through this! Crohn's disease is so hard to deal with! I frequent a blog that might be of some help...even if it points you to something else. I'd Like To Buy a Bowel is the name of it. Good luck!

What is Crohn's Disease?

Crohn's Disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. It can affect any part of the digestive system, from the mouth to the anus, but it most commonly affects the small intestine and the beginning of the large intestine.

What is a colon resection?

A colon resection is a surgical procedure where a part of the colon (large intestine) is removed. This is often done to treat diseases such as Crohn's Disease, where the affected area of the colon is removed to prevent further inflammation and complications.

What are the symptoms of Crohn's Disease?

The most common symptoms of Crohn's Disease include abdominal pain, diarrhea, weight loss, fatigue, and loss of appetite. Other symptoms may include rectal bleeding, fever, and joint pain. It is important to note that symptoms can vary from person to person and may come and go over time.

Is there a cure for Crohn's Disease?

Currently, there is no known cure for Crohn's Disease. However, there are various treatment options available to help manage symptoms and prevent flare-ups. These may include medications, dietary changes, and in some cases, surgery.

How can I support someone going through a colon resection?

It is important to offer emotional support and understanding to someone going through a colon resection. This may include listening to their concerns, helping with daily tasks, and offering to accompany them to doctor's appointments. It is also important to educate yourself about the disease and treatment options to better support your loved one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robinhild
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies