• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Creativity Needed, Mine Has Vanished

In summary, the consultant is asking for ideas on how to incentivize their team members more. They mention that the recognition offered is not enough, and that they should be rewarded for their hard work.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I finally have a team where at least 5-6 of them are consistently submitting...I have 3 hospitality that of course attend ALL my meetings and are doing wonderfully...happy for them, but of course that's not earning ME anything. I do include them in all the recognition, because it adds to the excitement, but NONE of their directors reimburse me. We did the beads recognition to tie in to Mardi Gras/incentive trip, and I would like to do something fun with the beads for the rest of the year but maybe with a different theme/twist? I just have so many of these darn beads....and I want to spur them on to finish strong. Help????

what if you do a contest where they have to come up with a creative use/project using the beads and whoever makes the best "thing" or idea wins a prize

For the beads, I would ask them to come up with their own challenges. Here are my thoughts on recognition... (please no hate mail... It's not going to change my mind).There have been so many changes regarding the recognition that HO offers consultants and I honestly think it's due to so many (not anyone here) deadbeat directors that they've taken it upon themselves to do something. Look at what's offered:- 2 shows held & submitted, they are getting luggage. LUGGAGE!!! I didn't even get a "nice to see you" when I showed up for work every day in my corporate job. Almost every month, there is some kind of consultant incentive.
- Consultants receive the consistency postcards each month when they are consistent. HO sends them out.
- Recruiters get the bonus if their recruit hits $1250 in their first 30 days. Paid for by HO.
- They also get the wahoo recruiting club goodie.
- They also get $30 pc dollars.
- 4 or more they get their names in the consultant news.
- they can earn EA and tripsAlmost EVERY month PC offers us something to earn. And really, asking them to do 2 shows isn't very much. Anyone who does less, do they really deserve recognition? I don't do any recognition at meetings any more. Each week I send out the numbers via Consultant Connection newsletter. If they do something (recruit, earn their bag, submit a $1k show, etc) I give them a shout-out on the team FB page. That's it.I think, and this is just my opinion, that the reason so many consultants are mediocre is because that's what their directors are rewarding them for. They shouldn't get recognition for having a pulse. This is a BUSINESS. If they want to be recognized, they should work for it. Any other job would expect that AND MORE.And, in all due respect, they watch what we do as directors and if they see us spending $$ on it, they assume they have to as well if they promote.

I have been doing the beads too, and I am continuing through the year. My team loves them : ) and It doesnt cost me any more each month! :)

I asked at my team meeting today... seems like HO is no longer sending out the consistency postcards. Just wanted to let everyone know. :)

I had forgotten about the postcards, so I was wondering if that was still a practice. Thanks for the clarification.Obviously, I'm not close enough to do recognition for any of the people on my team. I was doing monthly team updates by e-mail until Fukushima. I've just been posting on our private FB page lately.I also used to do 15 PC Dollars for the one with the highest month & the one with the highest show. I can e-mail them the #'s off the PC Dollars that I purchase & have in hand. I've slacked up on that since my evacuation from Tokyo in March but just started trying to catch up last week! Hoping to get completely caught up soon and keep that going like I used to. :D Oh, I do a blue dot drawing too. Every show gets an entry, when I draw a winner I go look at the date. If they don't have a show submitted for that date, I toss their winning ticket & draw a new winner. $15 minimum, $25 if there's 25 blue dots on the calendar, $50 for 50 blue dots, $100 for 100 blue dots. But they have to be good shows! If I catch them "padding" their blue dots, they don't get included in the drawing for the next 3 months. Haven't had to enforce that rule yet thank goodness.As for hospitality, yes! It can add up. But for me, it's worth it because I have so many not near me & am relying on other hospitality around the country (and the world) to step up & help my team members. It's kind of a "pay it forward" mentality. I help another director with their recruit with the hope that someone else will help do the same for my distant members. ;)

Ok so here is what we are doing: we are keeping the beads but instead of conference cash for earning them, we are doing BUCKS FOR BEADS. I am giving them each an envelope with their name on it and for every set of beads they get they get $1 in play money (on clearance at Staples for $1 a batch of 150), and at our December party they get to spend their $$ on extra stuff I have. Not original, but it works.

Thanks Colleen!

Related to Creativity Needed, Mine Has Vanished

1. Can creativity really vanish?

It may seem like your creativity has vanished, but it is a common experience for many people. Creativity is not a finite resource that can run out, it is a skill that can be nurtured and cultivated.

2. Why do people lose their creativity?

There are many reasons why someone may feel like their creativity has disappeared. It could be due to stress, burnout, lack of inspiration, or a change in routine. It is important to identify the root cause in order to find ways to reignite your creativity.

3. How can I get my creativity back?

There are various ways to jumpstart your creativity. Some suggestions include taking a break, trying a new hobby, surrounding yourself with inspiring people and environments, and practicing mindfulness and self-care.

4. Is it possible to regain lost creativity?

Absolutely! With effort and dedication, anyone can regain their creativity. It may take some time and experimentation, but by incorporating creativity into your daily routine and exploring new ideas, you can reignite your creative spark.

5. Can creativity be learned?

While some people may be naturally more inclined towards creativity, it is a skill that can be learned and developed. With practice and an open mind, anyone can improve their creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
srg252001
Replies
Views
Wildfire