• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Host Packet: What to Include

I include a blank one for them to put their own monthly specials on. I also include a postcard with the web password on it.I also include a bright postcard with their web password.
whatsthefkeydo
Hi Everyone
I'm new to all this and I was wondering what should you include in your host packets.

whatsthefkeydo said:
Hi Everyone
I'm new to all this and I was wondering what should you include in your host packets.

I get folders with the middle tabs. In the left hand pocket, I put the Host planner and invitations, in the middle I put a checklist for the host to do, the current and next month's host/guest specials, a checklist of last minute stuff, and in the back pocket I put 2-3 catalogs 10 outside order forms and an opportunity borchure.

and an ingredient list if needed :)

I put all of that in there as well. :D ( I use a big envelope.

I use similar folders, but without the prongs in the middle. The left pocket is the "for the guests" side and includes:
  • 3 catalogs
  • 3 sale fliers
  • 5 outside order forms (I use my own so I don't have to worry about which ones are in the folders, because I try to make up a bunch of host packs at a time)
  • an envelope (6x9) addressed to me for collecting outside orders
  • 2 sets of the invitation address labels from supply order
  • 40 guests in 4 minutes sheet
  • stamped envelope (6x9) addressed to me for the host to mail me the labels
Those last 3 items are clipped together with a card that says, "These labels are for your invitations. Please complete as many as possible and return them to me in the attached envelope. If you send me 40 or more names, I'll pay the postage. Otherwise, please include postcard stamps or a check to cover the labels that you do complete."

The right pocket is the "host" side and includes:
  • 1 catalog
  • flier with host and guest specials on it (2-sided)
  • show planner
  • Two hostesses poem
  • Do you love a bargain flier
  • recruiting brochure
  • recruiting DVD (the new one)
  • bright postcard with their web password

Ann, I've been sending out the invitations for my hosts and covering postage but never put a minimum number of invitations on it. Wondering how that's working for you. What percentage of your hostesses complete the 40. Do you get some back without payment that are less than 40 names? I like the idea of the host having their own side. I'm wondering about making up the packets with os order forms ahead of time too. Do you have them generic or do you do something additional when you send the packet to make them aware of guest specials? Is that what the sale fliers are for? Are the sale fliers the guest special?

Andrea,

What is your checklist of last minute stuff?

I know of a director that has the hosts pay for the postage and if the show goes up over $500, she gives them back the cost of postage. She mails the invites out, they included the cost when the list comes back to her.
She says she had never had a problem.

I have been thinking about doing this, one for better sales, and two the cost of postage has been unreal!
The only thing I worry about is having them want to send out like 10 invites since they are paying for it.
I like Ann's idea, at least you would get 40 names and not 10!

Kelly

YOu'll find a couple of threads on this..type in host packets and see a variety of what people do. You'll see everyone puts a couple of basic things and then some change it up. The best thing to do is make a host packet list for youself and put it by your desk so you can stuff them the save and don't for get anything.

MicheleC said:
Ann, I've been sending out the invitations for my hosts and covering postage but never put a minimum number of invitations on it. Wondering how that's working for you. What percentage of your hostesses complete the 40. Do you get some back without payment that are less than 40 names? I like the idea of the host having their own side. I'm wondering about making up the packets with os order forms ahead of time too. Do you have them generic or do you do something additional when you send the packet to make them aware of guest specials? Is that what the sale fliers are for? Are the sale fliers the guest special?
Sometimes the postage works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I've had a few shows book in real close lately, and I just give the host a packet of invitations that have already been labeled with the show info. I don't often get 40 names. But I also offer the free mailing when I offer a "free" show as an incentive.

My outside order forms do not have the monthly specials on them. They are blank. That's why I include the monthly specials fliers in the packet. I'm not organized enough to keep track of special order forms for every month. When I go to shows, I take a couple of generic host packs and a folder with specials for the next couple of months. Then I put the appropriate fliers in the host pack.

Good idea, Ann. Has anyone seen the host packets that come pre-done in the Super Starter Kits? I would love to buy those and save me some time!! Maybe if enough of us bug them......

DizziePixie said:
Good idea, Ann. Has anyone seen the host packets that come pre-done in the Super Starter Kits? I would love to buy those and save me some time!! Maybe if enough of us bug them......

They are VERY basic - 1 catalog, the show planner and 1 pack of invitations in an envelope. By the time you add outside order forms, a couple more catalogs and specials for the month, they really don't save any time.

chefann said:
They are VERY basic - 1 catalog, the show planner and 1 pack of invitations in an envelope. By the time you add outside order forms, a couple more catalogs and specials for the month, they really don't save any time.

Yes, very true - I spent more time looking at what they included and adding a few catalogs and outside order forms than if I started fresh...At least it gave me some supplies! :)

Related to Creating the Perfect Host Packet: What to Include

What should be included in a host packet?

A host packet should include a catalog or product brochure, a host rewards flyer, a host invitation, order forms, and a thank you note. It may also be helpful to include any special offers or promotions that are currently available.

How should I organize my host packet?

The best way to organize your host packet is to start with the host invitation on top, followed by the catalog or product brochure, then the host rewards flyer, and finally the order forms and thank you note. This ensures that the most important information is easily accessible for the host.

Can I customize my host packet for different hosts?

Yes, you can customize your host packet for different hosts by including personalized information such as their name, the date and time of their party, and any special offers or promotions that may be specifically relevant to them.

Should I include samples in my host packet?

Including samples in your host packet can be a great way to entice potential hosts to book a party. However, make sure to only include a few samples and not overwhelm the host with too many products to try.

How can I make my host packet stand out?

To make your host packet stand out, consider adding a personal touch such as a handwritten note or a small gift. You can also use colorful or unique packaging to make your host packet more visually appealing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • khergatt