• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Show Night Followed by Amazing News - It's Your Choice!

In summary, Carolyn had a show tonight and it was "ok". She had fewer guests than she expected and quite a few left w/o ordering but said they'd call in their orders in the next few days. The hostess' 2 kids (ages 2 & 4) were ALL over - SCREAMING, grabbing at hot stones, running out the front door,
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I had a show tonight - it was "ok" - she had way fewer guests than she had expected and quite a few left w/o ordering but said they'd call in their orders in teh next few days (I don't hold my breath for such people). The hostess' 2 kids (ages 2 & 4) were ALL over - SCREAMING, grabbing at hot stones, running out the front door, sticking their fingers in the food...and the host did NOTHING to stop them - it was unreal.
Came home and turned on my computer only to find on my incentives calculator...that I HAVE ALREADY REACHED LEVEL 1 OF THE 'IT'S YOUR CHOICE' TRAVEL INCENTIVE!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations, Carolyn! What a great ending to the evening :)

:D Wow, that's GREAT Carolyn!!! Congratulations!!

What an inspiration you are to us!!!:D :D

Every little bit helps! Congratulations Carolyn! I'm sure that made those little kids behavior seem a lot more tolerable :)

How!?!?!?!?!?

and

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Carolyn!!:D :D

cmdtrgd said:
How!?!?!?!?!?

You mean how did I do it? Or How does a mother allow her children to be so horrendous? LOL

BOTH!!! LOL now how did you reach level one so quickly?

mommyhugz1978 said:
BOTH!!! LOL now how did you reach level one so quickly?

LOL...well, I have qualified 2 girls (and onemore will qualify tomorrow but that doesn't count into earning level 1) so that's 4000 points...plus I had a $6000+ January, a $5000+ February ( plus double points) plus the 1000 points we earned in December for this year's incentive...plus a buttload of online orders...

Carolyn do you send out a newsletter?

Carolyn,
How many shows do you generally do each month? Do you have trouble getting bookings, or do they just flow from the number of shows you do each month?

Congratulations! You must work very hard!

pamperedalf said:
Carolyn do you send out a newsletter?

Some months yes, and some months no -- depends on my mood. I often use the ones I see on here or I use what is provided on Customer Connection.

Last edited:
rebeccastt said:
Carolyn,
How many shows do you generally do each month? Do you have trouble getting bookings, or do they just flow from the number of shows you do each month?

Thanks Rebecca...I really don't work all that hard - my job first and foremost is "Mom,"...then wife and daughter...the PC Director. My family has been through a lot over the last 6 months and I have pushed a lot of PC stuff to the wayside to spend time with my Grandmother before she died, my crazy anorexic aunt who had her whole hospital/ICU stay after my grandmother died, and be there for my mom through all of this so she doesn't have a complete melt-down. Oh...and I had a UTI and brochitis in the past 6 weeks...

My bookings have dropped tremendously because (I think) of the fact that I am not 100% "there" at my shows, kwim? My mind is kinda elsewhere and it shows. Where I used to get 2-3 bookings per show I am now lucky to get 1...and REALLY lucky if I get 2.

I have done basically the same recipes over & over since my Grandmother died and REALLY need to get back into doing OTHER recipes...

It's by the grace of God that I have achieved all I have this quarter...

My aunt is headed back into the hospital again any day now...so that will be a big ugly distraction...I just need to keep on keepin' on, I guess....

rebeccastt said:
Carolyn,

Sorry - I forgot to answer your initial question cuz I went off on my pity party above (for which I apologize...my cough medicine just kicked in so I am like a drunk moron right about now)
I usually do between 4 and 7 shows a month and try to get a catalog show or two in there somewhere...

Well, I really admire you! I stay at home with my 6-month-old son and my family is my first priority too. I want to advance with PC, but not to the detriment of my family. I am having trouble recently getting bookings and I'm not sure what to do about it! I have never had this problem in the past. I, too, used to get around 2 bookings per show, and recently have not been getting any! I just did a booking blitz in November and called many of my customers to help me get bookings so I don't want to do that again so soon. Any advice of what I should do next?

I'm so sorry about your grandmother (and your aunt). What a blessing that we have PC in our lives to help us get through hard times without having to worry about a "regular" job. I hope you are feeling better and that your aunt will be able to find hope in the midst of her grief. I'm sure your mom is so grateful that she has a daughter that has been there for her. :)

rebeccastt said:
Well, I really admire you! I stay at home with my 6-month-old son and my family is my first priority too. I want to advance with PC, but not to the detriment of my family. I am having trouble recently getting bookings and I'm not sure what to do about it! I have never had this problem in the past. I, too, used to get around 2 bookings per show, and recently have not been getting any! I just did a booking blitz in November and called many of my customers to help me get bookings so I don't want to do that again so soon. Any advice of what I should do next?

Booking Blitz? Tell me more. I am phone-a-phobic so I REALLY need to be pushed to ge ton the phone to get bookings. I pretty much hide behind my keyboard (you'll see when you all meet me in person at NC..,I am actually very shy at first - LOL) I don't like to call people -- what if they don't want to hear from me and don't call me back (my feelings will be hurt) What if they answer and say NO, they don't want to host a show (ouch...hurt feelings again) -- I REALLLLY need to be coerced to get on the phone...

I think it's important to make our shows FUN. I have heard from TWO cutomers/one was a past host that they chose ME to book with rather than any of the other local PC girls they know because my shows are FUN. For instance, I don't get pissy when people are chatting amongst themselves...I may interrupt them during an important part of my demo (stone care) and say "OI just dont want u to miss this one part...I know this is your night out so please enjoy yourself chatting - but just hear this one part about how to care 4 ur stone and then I'll let ya get back to chatting" and I say it with a BIG smile so they don't think I am chastising them for chatting (when in reality I want to deck them - LOL) I try to crack a lot of one liners an djokes to keep them laughing -- I really need some more one liners -- help anyeone?

Work on making your shows more fun and i imagine the bookings'll come...man I am dizzy and woozy from the cough medicine...I cant wait to read this post tomorrow and see if it eeven makes any snedse.

rebeccastt said:
I'm so sorry about your grandmother (and your aunt). What a blessing that we have PC in our lives to help us get through hard times without having to worry about a "regular" job. I hope you are feeling better and that your aunt will be able to find hope in the midst of her grief. I'm sure your mom is so grateful that she has a daughter that has been there for her. :)

Thanks...it's been pretty sucky and we never really had a chance to grieve for any of the losses we've endured. If you remember, my Great-Grand-Aunt was killed in a crash in Nov...followed days later by my grandmother having a heart attack and then passing away on December 16th...followed a few days later by my crazy anorexic aunt flipping out and landing in the ICU. The last few days Mom and I have both been having weepy spells...I guess it's all finally starting to sink in. Tomorrow morning Mom and I are going to use our Xmas Gift Certs and get massages...much needed massages.

I think you're right about the fun part. I don't feel like my shows are very fun, but I'm not sure how to make them fun!

For the booking blitz, my director gave us the challenge of booking 24 shows in 24 hours. The consultant with the most bookings in that 24 hours received a new forged knife. She told us to email her with the 24 hour period that we chose to make calls in, then to email her the #/dates/names of the bookings when we finished the specified 24 hour period. I am like you....I am shy at first with people I don't know and I HATE THE PHONE!!!! BUT, like you, I love getting stuff, even if I don't need it...So my director dangled the knife in front of me, and darn it, I was going to win! So I called about 30 people that I thought might host for me or who had previously expressed interest but had never set a date. I ended up with 12 bookings. Not bad! I had a really good November and December because of it!

rebeccastt said:
I think you're right about the fun part. I don't feel like my shows are very fun, but I'm not sure how to make them fun!

For the booking blitz, my director gave us the challenge of booking 24 shows in 24 hours. The consultant with the most bookings in that 24 hours received a new forged knife. She told us to email her with the 24 hour period that we chose to make calls in, then to email her the #/dates/names of the bookings when we finished the specified 24 hour period. I am like you....I am shy at first with people I don't know and I HATE THE PHONE!!!! BUT, like you, I love getting stuff, even if I don't need it...So my director dangled the knife in front of me, and darn it, I was going to win! So I called about 30 people that I thought might host for me or who had previously expressed interest but had never set a date. I ended up with 12 bookings. Not bad! I had a really good November and December because of it!

No way!!!!
Ok - you guys have GOT to help me do this --- I want a ROCKIN May because I will be gone the first week so I need to make up for that week by bustin ass the rest of the month...what do you say when people pick up the phone??

I have a script somewhere....I'll try to find it.

Here it is...a little rough, but you'll get the idea!

Attachments

• 24 BOOKINGS IN 24 HOURS.doc
    33 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
rebeccastt said:
I have a script somewhere....I'll try to find it.

Here it is...a little rough, but you'll get the idea!

I'll have to read it tomorrow when I am more awake - LOL
Check out this email I got just now from a gal who came to tonight's show:
"thank you ! Had a phenomenal time! Cannot wait to host my own party!!!!!!
Thank you again!"

That really made me feel good :)

Very cool!!! I wish I could see one of your shows!

It should Carolyn, you are awesome even if you are doped up on cough syrup!!I sure hope you feel better soon!!

Carolyn that is awsome that you have hit level 1 already!

I sure hope you fell better

rebeccastt said:
Very cool!!! I wish I could see one of your shows!

You are SO welcome to come observe any time you are in Florida!!
I love when my downline girls omce to observe my shows - I enjoy the company...I'd be happy to have you come with me some day!

pamperedalf said:
It should Carolyn, you are awesome even if you are doped up on cough syrup!!

I sure hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks Amanda - I am so woozy - LOL

Congrats Carolyn!! I have been filling in my tracking chart on my fridge (sadly I am barely over 4000 points) but it is inspiring to know that you don't have to do 20 shows a month to earn a trip!! ... And that you can be pink on ChefSuccess and still get stuff done. LMAO!!

Congrats Carolyn:) Hope you're feeling better soon, and hope all is well with your aunt.

Gill once you get those recruits qualified and you promote you are gonna jump. Look at your schedule for March, look at all those recruit leads.

Congrat Carolyn!! You should be very proud in your accomplishments.

Congratulations, Carolyn!

Related to Crazy Show Night Followed by Amazing News - It's Your Choice!

1. What is "Crazy Show Night Followed by Amazing News - It's Your Choice!" all about?

This phrase refers to a Pampered Chef sales event where a consultant has had a show that may not have gone as well as expected, but is then pleasantly surprised to find out that they have already reached a level in the "It's Your Choice" travel incentive program.

2. What happens during this type of show?

The consultant may experience a less than ideal show with low attendance and minimal sales, but is then rewarded with the news of their progress in the travel incentive program.

3. What is the "It's Your Choice" travel incentive?

This is a program offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can earn points for reaching sales goals and other achievements. These points can then be redeemed for various travel experiences.

4. How did the hostess' children affect the show?

The hostess' children were disruptive and caused chaos during the show, potentially impacting the overall experience for both the consultant and guests.

5. How did the consultant handle the situation with the hostess' children?

Based on the information provided, it seems that the consultant did their best to manage the situation, but ultimately the hostess did not intervene in controlling her children's behavior.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
3RingChef