• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cranberry Overload: No More Pink!

I'm bored to tears with the color Cranberry?In summary, the conversation revolved around the color Cranberry and how some people find it boring or dislike it while others still see it as popular and appealing. There was also a discussion about a particular product, #2988 Striped Kitchen Towels, and how one person experienced the cranberry color bleeding onto the white stripes after washing them. Additionally, there was mention of a trade between friends for a different color of a product. Overall, the conversation touched on personal preferences, product trends, and a potential solution for color bleeding.
RMDave
Gold Member
... to say that I'm bored to tears with the color Cranberry?

To me, its what Coppertone was during the late 50s, and Avocado and Harvest (and even Aqua for about 90 days) were in the 60s, 70s, 80, and black was in the 90s.

Bored with Cranberry!

Also, I bought 3 sets of #2988 Striped Kitchen Towels. Since they were loaded with sizing, I washed them all in cold water .. all the Cranberry stripes bled onto the white stripes so that the towels are Cranberry and Pink. PINK!!!! Not happy. Not happy at all.

RMDave said:

To me, its what Coppertone was during the late 50s, and Avocado and Harvest (and even Aqua for about 90 days) were in the 60s, 70s, 80, and black was in the 90s.

Bored with Cranberry!

Also, I bought 3 sets of #2988 Striped Kitchen Towels. Since they were loaded with sizing, I washed them all in cold water .. all the Cranberry stripes bled onto the white stripes so that the towels are Cranberry and Pink. PINK!!!! Not happy. Not happy at all.

I don't like the cranberry either. However, my cranberry striped towels have never bled, so I don't know what you did wrong.

I think they're gonna stick with cranberry for a while, though. A few years back they experimented with different colors and dropped them.

Cranberry's still popular here in the middle of the country. People just go crazy over it.

raebates said:
Cranberry's still popular here in the middle of the country. People just go crazy over it.

Dave has told me a million times that PC caters to the midwest crowd. Guess he's right. He's just a west coast snob, anyway. ;-)

I like the cranberry in the microfiber towel. I like the white DCB much better though. I wish I had it. :(

There you go. Problem solved. Dave just needs to pull up his big boy panties and deal with the cranberry. LOL!

Hey, Keith - my Cranberry DCB is cracked, and the crack is getting to wide for me to ignore . . . so, I'm thinking of breaking out the white DCB I bought for my sister for Christmas, but never sent. I'll trade you my white for your cranberry. Especially if you're willing to come down to VA to make the trade!!

Seriously? I'm driving through VA in June. :)

That'll work. I can cook with the DCB for now, just won't show it for a few weeks, then.

pampchefsarah said:
That'll work. I can cook with the DCB for now, just won't show it for a few weeks, then.

Gurl, you're my new best friend. Let's work out the details via facebook.

Cranberry DCB are still HOT here! In fact, the only time people started buying the white is when the cranberry ones were on back order. I think they are pretty. :)

Sounds good to me! No disrespect to Dave, because, really, I agree for the most part with him, but the only reason I haven't made the switch yet is because it just wouldn't feel right to me NOT to use a Cranberry DCB!

pampchefsarah said:
Sounds good to me! No disrespect to Dave, because, really, I agree for the most part with him, but the only reason I haven't made the switch yet is because it just wouldn't feel right to me NOT to use a Cranberry DCB!

I think the cranberry one is pretty, but my kitchen is red and white, and the cranberry doesn't go totally with the red. My DCB is on display on my kitchen cart. :) I think the white one is a little more masculine too. Not that I am the epitome of masculine, though. But, I gotta take it where I can get it!

RMDave said:

Bored with Cranberry!

I'll be you have a water softener. It makes colors bleed. I learned that after doing laundry at my mom's house in Florida. In fact, I did it every vacation. Sometimes I'm a slow learner.

Being in PC for 10 years, there have been lots of trends of colors, patterns, etc. that have come and gone. Personally, my kitchen is blue so not much matches it. I disliked the tiles and the stripes, but have always thought...if the customer likes it...I am thrilled with it!!!

Not too keen on the color green for the most part, but they make it look good with the summer line and for that...I am thrilled with it!! It does not match my tastes or my kitchen...but it matches my wallet:D Ew...that smilie face is green too!

My towels have not ran either. My water is so hard, rocks tumble out instead of water...JUST KIDDING!

Sign me as Miss Smart a$$ tonight!

Nice thing about Cranberry and White is that if your guests keep Kosher, it is easy to remember which is meat and which is dairy. My partner sold my neighbors on the idea of having a party to get 2 DCB's--now if some of their friends keep Kosher....Marghi

I do have to say that I think the DCB and other stoneware pieces would like nice in a Cobalt Blue & a Hunter Green. I personally am a fan of the Cranberry but I when I think of colors I think of Le Cruset (sp?), KitchenAid & Longerberger (sp?) and they all pull off bold, yet classic, colors beautifully. I'm in the Northeast, not the midwest, and the Cranberry DCB is a much higher seller 10 to 1 over white. It's rich looking IMO. I could do without the dots, to me they are only one step up the ladder than the old cheesy tile pattern.

BlueMoon said:
Nice thing about Cranberry and White is that if your guests keep Kosher, it is easy to remember which is meat and which is dairy. My partner sold my neighbors on the idea of having a party to get 2 DCB's--now if some of their friends keep Kosher....

Marghi

OK, I'll buy the Kosher line. Cranberry for meat, White for dairy. I'll sell a dozen of'm.

RMDave said:

Bored with Cranberry!

Hey Dave,

I use this awesome product called Color Catcher by Shout - it's like a dryer sheet - but it collects all the loose color that can bleed when you do the laundry. Throw one in every washer load and you'll never have your colors bleed again! You can find it in the laundry aisle - one of my favorite products!

leftymac said:
Dave has told me a million times that PC caters to the midwest crowd. Guess he's right. He's just a west coast snob, anyway. ;-)
raebates said:
There you go. Problem solved. Dave just needs to pull up his big boy panties and deal with the cranberry. LOL!
Sure ... I may be a snob but I'd rather go commando than wear big boy panties.

Gina M said:
Hey Dave,

I use this awesome product called Color Catcher by Shout - it's like a dryer sheet - but it collects all the loose color that can bleed when you do the laundry. Throw one in every washer load and you'll never have your colors bleed again! You can find it in the laundry aisle - one of my favorite products!

You're a saint, Gina. I'll try to buy it tomorrow. YAY!

You'll never have pink clothes again:)

We have had cobalt blue, hunter green, and sunflower yellow...as well as vanilla and lt blue and lt green in the stoneware in the past. The cranberry has lasted longer than any of those...except the vanilla. I love the cranberry and the white. My kitchen is cranberry and I think the white looks very elegant.

ETA: I think the yellow and lt blue and lt green was only in the stoneware crock.

I LOVE the cranberry - but I am a huge fan of the old fashioned Americana for my kitchen/dining area and it goes perfectly - I even had my kitchen table handpainted at a bazaar I was running when we lived in Germany. I'm an army wife - I may be a little obsessed. But back to the original point, I love the cranberry and I think that's why I'm able to sell it - I've sold very little of any of the white.

RMDave said:
Sure ... I may be a snob but I'd rather go commando than wear big boy panties.

Now, that's a visual I didn't need. LOL!

Shawnna said:
We have had cobalt blue, hunter green, and sunflower yellow...as well as vanilla and lt blue and lt green in the stoneware in the past. The cranberry has lasted longer than any of those...except the vanilla. I love the cranberry and the white. My kitchen is cranberry and I think the white looks very elegant.

ETA: I think the yellow and lt blue and lt green was only in the stoneware crock.

Yes, Shawnna, this is what I remember as well. They did have a light blue deep dish pie plate as well.

And the cranberry baker does sell more than the white. I started bringing my white one for a while, but people still ordered the cranberry. (north eastern part of the US)

I like the dots but scattered in small doses with the white dishes. But there again, many people like them so again...that HO supplies us with what sells.

Wish they would consider a small run of the super swat again. Wasn't it on the outlet for a short time recently?

I do know what you mean, Dave. Curious to know what color or colors you would like to see in the dishes?

I would like some chocolate pieces in the stoneware

I highly doubt we'll see the cranberry or the dots go away any time soon. Cranberry and white are more universal colors and as this thread shows it's popular all around the country. I have more people buying the cranberry than the white and people like the dots more than any of the other patterns we had. I hated the striped SA that we carried but some customers went nuts over them so variety is good but changing them out all the time is not. I think they should add more colors and they should coordinate with the dots so that if someone has some dots and wants to add the new they can.

BlueMoon said:
Nice thing about Cranberry and White is that if your guests keep Kosher, it is easy to remember which is meat and which is dairy. My partner sold my neighbors on the idea of having a party to get 2 DCB's--now if some of their friends keep Kosher....

Marghi

Holy cow... I LOVE this idea! I have a party this afternoon for one of my Jewish friends who has invited TONS of people from their community... The timing of my READ could not have been any better... y'all are awesome!!! :angel:

Alright, alright... after reading through the rants, not only do I think this thread has made me laugh harder than any other... I now have a few comments...

I like the Cranberry... folks here like the Cranberry... I hope it stays for a while... REASON BEING... some of the cranberry items are things folks would either save for, or host a show for. How much would it suck if you bought the pot holders, towels, and smaller items at a show, then had you own show to get the cranberry stones and the colors had changed?!?! I am just thinking about all the Tupperware I have that doesn't come close to matching... Unless you buy the whole catalog at once, none of your items will EVER match! (AND being a little OCD when it comes to my kitchen... this makes me want to scratch my eyes out.) Colors are fine... but if they are going to change, additional colors should be OFFERED instead of completely replacing the Cranberry...

...BREATHE... okay... that's my addition to the rant... I feel so much better now :)

Emily, I love your post!! A few years ago PC came out with spatulas and several other items that are the colors of the flexible funnels. Those products were introduced in January. Then a few months later I was in Walmart and they had just put all of their summer plastic ware out...they the same colors as we had. Now I am thinking that Walmart is copying PC because they had a big display of Hawaiin party stuff...maybe thinking that PC people will want it to help promote out trip incentive LOL!!!:D

Moral of the story...PC makes a job out of studying the market and color trends. They have helped keep my customers interested for years so I trust what ever they come up with.

I like the cranberry stoneware, would love to see it in a rich chocolate color too.

My heart would not be broken if the dots went away.....far far away....

raebates said:
Now, that's a visual I didn't need. LOL!

Put on your 3-D glasses. Now THAT's a visual!

pamperedlinda said:
I like the cranberry stoneware, would love to see it in a rich chocolate color too.

Oooh! That would be lovely! :love:

leftymac said:
I think the cranberry one is pretty, but my kitchen is red and white, and the cranberry doesn't go totally with the red. My DCB is on display on my kitchen cart. :) I think the white one is a little more masculine too. Not that I am the epitome of masculine, though. But, I gotta take it where I can get it!

I'm with you on this one. My kitchen is black, red and white, so I went with the white DCB over the cranberry, although I don't usually keep it on display. I do sell more cranberry though. I have actually only sold 1 white, and 7 or 8 cranberry. My dishes are red, so it would really clash to serve the cranberry DCB on the table.

Gina M said:
Hey Dave,I use this awesome product called Color Catcher by Shout - it's like a dryer sheet - but it collects all the loose color that can bleed when you do the laundry. Throw one in every washer load and you'll never have your colors bleed again! You can find it in the laundry aisle - one of my favorite products!
My favorite Laundry item as well! I am super Cheap so I rip off strips ans use only 1/2 to 1/3 the original sheet per wash. Sometimes I will only use a 2" strip I rip off. This has worked well for me since you can not Re-use them.I Like the cranberry. I was bummed about going to white since I had every piece in either vanilla or Cranberry, but now with the DCB I only ever take that or my Lg Bar pan to shows.

pamperedlinda said:

My heart would not be broken if the dots went away.....far far away....

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Not a fan of the dots. The only reason I ordered the martini glasses on sample last fall was that a good customer (and friend) who loves the dots bought a house, and I used them as a housewarming gift for her. I don't own any of the dots. My kitchen is butter yellow with cobalt accessories, so I have some of the white SA pieces and the white DCB.

RMDave said:

Bored with Cranberry!

I'll take the cranberry over the dots... it's a wonder they have not come out with a "dots" DCB... that would be scary...

colegrovet said:
I'll take the cranberry over the dots... it's a wonder they have not come out with a "dots" DCB... that would be scary...

Please, Lord, don't give them any ideas.

So far the only dot item I've liked was the pink martini glasses .. but I've sold dot glassware and dishes like crazy ... Different strokes, and all .. sheesh

RMDave said:
Please, Lord, don't give them any ideas.

So far the only dot item I've liked was the pink martini glasses .. but I've sold dot glassware and dishes like crazy ... Different strokes, and all .. sheesh

I have the dots beverage glasses, which I love b/c they're cute and summery. I also have the dots small bowls which are adorable when served with ice cream, and the dots large bowls, b/c I wanted something to put pasta in. I think an entire dots place setting would scare me, though.

I have lots of all the SA pieces and we use the dots dishes every day. Even my husband has grown to like them. He says the food looks more appetizing in them. We have plain clear glasses too and HE grabs the dots tumblers first. His only complaint is that he thinks the stems on the stemware are too long and fragile (haven't broken a one yet though) and he wishes the dishes weren't so heavy. Personally, I think the heaviness is the reason I haven't chipped any yet - and I'm the queen of chipping dishes!

BethCooks4U said:
I have lots of all the SA pieces and we use the dots dishes every day. Even my husband has grown to like them. He says the food looks more appetizing in them. We have plain clear glasses too and HE grabs the dots tumblers first. His only complaint is that he thinks the stems on the stemware are too long and fragile (haven't broken a one yet though) and he wishes the dishes weren't so heavy. Personally, I think the heaviness is the reason I haven't chipped any yet - and I'm the queen of chipping dishes!

I do believe that my beverages taste better in the dots glasses too. :)

leftymac said:

He likes the way they're weighted and that they hold more. Being a thicker glass makes them hold their temperature longer too so drinks don't get as watered down. ...and he has not complained once about the dots. [he did at first about the plates but I guess he got used to them ...or resigned himself to it - lol]

leftymac said:

I worry about you, Keith ... I really do.

So Dave...tell us...what would you like to see? And I agree on a Dots DCB...NO, NO, NO!!

baychef said:
So Dave...tell us...what would you like to see? And I agree on a Dots DCB...NO, NO, NO!!

Two DBCs are enough! And as much as I've grown to love the dots I would NOT want stoneware to be dots.:yuck:

Just received my first DCB, cranberry and just love the look of it. My kitchen is a mix of stainless/black/red so the cranberry fits in so well. Off to the grocery store shortly to get a few ingredients, 30minute chicken here I come and to finish off the meal, toss up between the Lava Cake or Pineapple Upsidedown cake. Most likely will be the Pineapple dessert since I also just received the Pineapple Wedger, just have to play. :love: Pampered Chef

What would I like to see? Terra Cotta is a beautiful color and has been considered a classic since the 14th century.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 361
etteluap70PC said:
My favorite Laundry item as well! I am super Cheap so I rip off strips ans use only 1/2 to 1/3 the original sheet per wash. Sometimes I will only use a 2" strip I rip off. This has worked well for me since you can not Re-use them.

I Like the cranberry. I was bummed about going to white since I had every piece in either vanilla or Cranberry, but now with the DCB I only ever take that or my Lg Bar pan to shows.

Another Laundry option is the Carbona Color Grabber Cloths (http://www.carbona.com/laundry.aspx). These are reusable for 30 loads. I found these at Joann's about three years ago and have been using them since. When I have used the cloth for the 30 times, I toss it in the cleaning rag bin.

As for sacrilege to not like the cranberry....well....I am not too keen on the dots and would not be able to handle an entire table in dots. However, I do like the tumblers. Not sure my beverages taste better but I can put more wine in a tumbler than the wine glasses!:D

1. What is Cranberry Overload and why is it becoming a popular color?

Cranberry Overload is a color trend that has been gaining popularity in the recent years. It is a deep, rich shade of red that adds warmth and depth to any room or outfit. Many people are drawn to this color because it is bold and eye-catching, yet still versatile enough to be incorporated into various styles and designs.

2. Why do some people find Cranberry Overload to be overused or boring?

As with any trend, there are always individuals who may find it overused or uninteresting. Some people may have seen the color too much in recent years and are ready for something new, while others simply may not be drawn to the color itself. Personal preferences and tastes play a big role in whether someone finds a color exciting or not.

3. Is Cranberry Overload comparable to past color trends such as Coppertone, Avocado, Harvest, and Black?

Yes, Cranberry Overload is similar to past color trends in the sense that it has gained a lot of attention and popularity in a short amount of time. However, every trend has its own unique qualities and characteristics, making them not completely comparable. It's important to embrace and enjoy trends while they are popular, without worrying too much about how they compare to past trends.

4. How can I avoid the Cranberry stripes from bleeding onto the white stripes on my #2988 Striped Kitchen Towels?

To prevent color bleeding, it is important to always follow the care instructions on the product label. In this case, washing the towels in cold water may have caused the Cranberry stripes to bleed onto the white stripes. To avoid this, try washing the towels in warm water and separate them from other items in the wash. You can also add a cup of white vinegar to the wash to help set the colors and prevent bleeding.

5. What can I do if I'm not happy with the Cranberry and Pink result after washing the towels?

If you are not satisfied with the color result after washing the towels, you can try soaking them in a mixture of cold water and color-safe bleach for a few hours before washing them again. This may help remove any excess color and restore the original color of the towels. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
Back