• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair @ Town Festival: Ideas & Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, the conversation was about a person's plans for a craft fair associated with a town festival. They had various ideas such as offering discounts to other vendors, setting up display stands, promoting wedding registries and bookings, recruiting information, and offering prizes. They also discussed the idea of bringing food to attract people, but ultimately decided against it. They also mentioned taking extra products to sell directly at the fair and giving out coupons to draw people in. Overall, they were open to feedback and suggestions and were planning to use various tactics to promote their business at the fair.
speedychef
I'm doing a craft fair this weekend associated with the town festival. I have a few ideas. I'm trying to keep it nice and simple, so I'm looking for feedback and suggestions...

-put a sticker on the back of business cards to offer other vendors 10% off anything ordered today at the fair (got this from a Mary Kay friend) So I will get there early, set up, and then roam around and check things out while passing out my coupons.

-set up a cookware display with a sign that says, "Cookware 50% off! When you host a $300 show" (that didn't get nearly as small as I was hoping for...

-3-tiered stand decorated with ribbon and a little wedding cake topper to advertise wedding registries/showers

-stoneware display to encourage Sept bookings

-party in a bag for anyone who books at the fair (I bring ingredients and paper products and non-alcoholic drinks)

-tool turnabout with all sorts of stuff for people to pick through

-recruiting info spread throughout, and I have my flip chart...

-small batter bowl mixes to order for $15 (I'm not sure about this one yet)

-prize drawing for...I have some magnetic notepads with my business card, some SB, a small batter bowl, free cooking show (of course!), I'm not really sure what for, really. I have an extra exec 8" saute pan, but I'm not sure if I want to put that one on the line...

-I was thinking I might use my rectangular platter with a marker (like the handled trays at conference) on cookbook stand with "special offers" and highlight the Recruiting and Booking specials, but I'm afraid it might be too top heavy and the table might be wiggly...

ANYHOW, those are my basic plans, I welcome any feedback and suggestions. It's outdoors, and I have dumdum suckers, but I don't know what kind of food that I could use to attract people, so I'm not really going to do that...

PS I have probably 40 old s/s cats and I think I will keep some new ones and bring of course booking and recruiting packets as well as the minis. I just have no idea whatsoever what to expect...maybe I'll bake some cookies but I don't know if that is too melty or nobody wants that stuff after being outside. I think I'll stay away from the food....

Sounds goodWE recently had our county fair and I was quite surprised at how well we did.

MY 2 CENTS:

1) ONLY offer a cooking show as a door prize. Then you will be calling people who KNOW they were entering to win an evening with you instead of entering all of their family members for a chance of winning a cutting board. I called all of the entries back after the fair and got 6 KS's and 3 CS's....(and of course I will provide the ingredients). The best part was they all knew they were entering the drawign for a show...

2) Take the EXTRA product you have and offer it as cash & carry at the fair. I wish I would have had taken my own product to sell directly there (I did sell $75.00 of a co-consultants items :confused:. Take along PC bags to put your product in - again they will be walking around advertising you are there. One lady saw someone at the fair with a PC bag and asked her where our booth was.

3) I used the attached coupon to give everyone that walked by my booth. Not all people wnat to stop because they know you will try and sell them something!! I simply said "Would you like a recipe?" Some people took them - some didn't - and I was to get my name out there.

I like the dum-dum idea. I had sticks of gum near the entrance and that did draw them in.

Make sure to take a fan with you if it is indoors - those places get stuffy....

If you have old catalogs, pass them out with a sticker on the front that says, "NOT a current catalog... to view current catalog go to ___" and list you website - again you have gien them your information....

Mini catalogs are graet for fairs as well because they can stick them in their pockets.

Good luck!!:)

Sounds like you've got it planned great! I LOVE the idea of giving the other vendors 10% off; I'll have to remember that at my next booth. Especially since it's outside, I wouldn't worry about food. Your display sounds like it'll look great! Definately promote the next 2 month's specials.
Another thing I think I'll try at my next booth, is order some balloons with the logo from Nancy's--some for display & some to give out to kids.

P.S. I made this up and I'm thinking of trying to sign people up on the spot. they will fill out the information and I will give them a catalog and a marker to circle everything they want and then I will enter them when I get home!

Attachments

• Wedding Registry Signup.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
Oh and I'm thinking of selling squares for gift certificates...I still have to think about it...I guess I better figure it out soon, since the fair is tomorrow and I better get my stuff together!

Here is something my director sent me.

Use the Pampered Chef Banner which is available from your Director for above & behind the table or across the bottom front of table.

Have 25-35 Brightly Coloured Large Gift Bags with tissue sticking out of them and August or September dates on the tag portion, on the 8 foot table and that's basically it!!!
For Example:
August 13th, Septmeber 5th, September 6th is written on the tag.
The Gift bag basically has a Host Pac, designed for the appropriate month with Host & Guest specials, and a doorprize in it (mini-serving spatual, cookbook, quikcut paring knife) Do not have more than a handful of tools on the table.

Stand Out in front of the booth, rather than sitting down behind, do not cross arms or have back to people, body language is impt, your neat & professional appearance is very important.

As people approach the table, smile and engage them...

"Have you heard of The Pampered Chef?"

"We have choppers made in Germany, want to feel my spatula?" (pull one out of your apron pocket)?"

"You can get products for FREE by putting on a pot of coffee for your friends"

"I'm not selling anything today...JUST ME!!" (And throw your hands up, palms up)

"If you pick a date from those on the Gift Bag Tags you can take it Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & I'll come and cook for you on whatever date you've picked"

You can insert a new mini-catalogue into the present catalogue...or if there are alot of attendees..use our Invitation Postcards with a label attached that has your name, email, phone #, website and the services you offer...

everything you all have said is GREAT! I want to try it all !

At my fairs i always have a drawing to win a free cooking show. I use the regular prize slips that come from PC. The key is everyone wins! Free meaning i bring the ingredients for the 1st recipe. I have had great success with this. Kristi Pea****

great ideas...I have a question...just got called today to set up a table at a day spa and salon next Friday evening from 6:30 - 10pm
Problem is, it is our high school football homecoming nite and I have to be there for the game. The spa would still like for me to set up a table with my items and things. There will be other home based businesses there. Any suggestions on how to set it up and what to have there being I wont be there but will just have my table set up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Great stuff!Karlene - get someone in your cluster there, and make a deal they get the bookings, you get the recruits -- or they get the first 2 bookings, you get the 3rd or such.

I typically have the basic drawing slips, "for a free [small item] or a free cooking show", and get almost everyone to enter the free drawing.

Then I offer a Grand Prize Basket, which is 5 or 6 items, plus sample sizes of soap & lotion, plus a Season's best - and offer it to as many as I can talk to, with a chance to enter based on
...they ask about the opportunity, or
...they book a get together

scott,
thanks for the input....tried to get it covered...just bad nite to have it I guess! I'm still trying to see if I can get out of the game thing...thanks again
karlene

These all sound great. One question, do you find at festivals and fairs that they only allow one PC consultant to set up? I've tried to get into many of these but have been turned down because a consultant in my area sets up every year. If this keeps up my chances of getting into one is dismal.

Swirl said:
These all sound great. One question, do you find at festivals and fairs that they only allow one PC consultant to set up? I've tried to get into many of these but have been turned down because a consultant in my area sets up every year. If this keeps up my chances of getting into one is dismal.

You might talk to the consultant and see if she'd be willing to co-table with you.

Related to Craft Fair @ Town Festival: Ideas & Suggestions Welcome!

1. What products should I bring to the craft fair?

It's always a good idea to bring a variety of products to a craft fair. Consider bringing your best-selling items, as well as some unique or seasonal products to attract customers.

2. Do I need to provide my own table and display materials?

Typically, the organizers of the craft fair will provide a table and some basic display materials. However, it's always a good idea to bring your own tablecloth and any additional displays or decorations to make your booth stand out.

3. Should I offer samples or demonstrations at the craft fair?

Offering samples or demonstrations of your products can be a great way to attract customers and showcase the quality of your products. However, make sure to check with the organizers beforehand to see if there are any restrictions on food or demonstrations.

4. How should I price my products for the craft fair?

Pricing your products can be tricky, as you want to make a profit but also stay competitive with other vendors. Consider the cost of materials, your time and labor, and the prices of similar products in the area when determining your prices.

5. What type of payment methods should I accept at the craft fair?

It's always a good idea to accept multiple forms of payment to make it easier for customers to purchase your products. Cash and credit/debit cards are the most common forms of payment, but you may also want to consider accepting mobile payments like Venmo or PayPal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kcmckay
Replies