• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could Manly Shows Boost Your Pampered Chef Success?

In summary, Trina is considering hosting a "Mens Night Out" where men pay $20 to enter a Texas Holdem Tournament and she will give away free gift wrapping and delivered to their door on orders over $50.
WonderMonkey
Until my wife and I meet with her consultant to discuss the opportunity side of PC I can't stand to not be thinking about it. I do this to flesh out the realities of me being successful in PC or if I should dedicate my time elsewhere.So.... I'm going to think of themes for shows that might make me stand out a bit. Obviously me being a male is something that can be taken advantage of. Females have the "comfort factor" with dealing with the predominantly female buying crowd so as someone suggested to me here, I need to take advantage of me being a man.I'm going to throw out some ideas that *I* have for the shows and I'd like to lean on your experience to let me know if you think it would work, wouldn't, might with tweaking, or just ... whatever you have to say.Who knows, maybe this can help with any male recruiting you have in the future, or to get your female consultant's husbands involved more.Of to the first one!

Do some of the Game Day theme shows during Sunday Football have a bunch of couples over you could cook during half time for the ladies and the guys could watch the game.

Of course it doesn't help much now but, grilling parties go over well for men.

I am having a "Men's Only Show" in December. I will have some baskets with PC products that are ready to go under the tree! I am also offering FREE gift wrapping for any order of $50 or more.
I figure this will be a great way to help out my orders as well as these men. I need the money and they hate to "put gifts together" and wrap things....most men anyway!!

I don't know if that helps any or not!!

I am a male, obviously and I am doing a College tailgate party in November, and am thinking of doing the same for the BCS Championship game in January. I like the gift wrapping idea for the party in November. These will all be husbands/bf's of past female guests that have ordered, I will have their wives/gf's wish lists on hand for each guest.

That's what I am doing as well. I'm mailing out Thanksgiving cards to all my host from last Nov on.They get a wishlist inside with instructions and a note to ask all their friends and family if they would like a wish list as well.
BTW, I didn't mean anything ugly in saying that men hate to do the wrapping and all...just my experience.

I'm having a men only show at the end of Jan... it's going to be a "cook your lovely lady dinner on Valentines Day" show, only with a better name!

I'm getting all my female guests who would like a romantic meal cooked for them to give me their man's details! I have 3 definates from men already and have only been talking about it for 2 weeks.

Just a thought but I would so call it Cooking Casanovas!!

jillbean said:
Just a thought but I would so call it Cooking Casanovas!!

See... much better than my idea! I'll use it!

GREAT ideas!! Thanks for sharing them!
Trina

Okay I am wanting to do a "Mens Night Out" and have a Texas Holdem Tournament. Can anyone help me figure out what I should do. I was thinking of setting up my products and each man pays $20 to enter the tournament. I know some men will place an order while I'm set up, but then there is some that probably won't make a purchase. I am offering Free Gift Wrapping and delivered to your door on their orders. I thought I would take the shows FREE $$$ and give to the top winner and offer the 1/2 priced items to the next winner. I had some input by a male friend and he suggested I keep half of the entry fee and keep the sales bennies from the show. Can anyone suggest what I need to do with this idea!

I'm a guy also and don't do any special theme shows, but have found that the ladies like having a man cook for them. I've seen it put on the invitations.
I also bring my show outdoors for the Girl Scouts and their parents. My first recruit also a guy does shows for the Boy Scouts.

I have also tried the BBQ male show and a few others, I seem to like just doing plain old cooking shows, also catalog shows. I do agree with Chef Bobby, ladies like to have a guy cook for them sometimes...

One host bought napkins from a party store that said "Caution! Man Cooking". I thought about buying some for future shows as an ice breaker.

Chef Bobby said:
One host bought napkins from a party store that said "Caution! Man Cooking". I thought about buying some for future shows as an ice breaker.

I like it!

I've been trying to figure out a way to get men more involved...Not necessarily only to buy for their wives, but for the guys who cook and would have an interest in our products themselves. I encounter plenty of wives who buy products and tell me they're for their husbands because 'he does most of the cooking.' I feel like it's a matter of finding the right group of guys who aren't afraid to say, "Yes, I went to a Pampered Chef show and I LIKED it." Can you male consultants give me some advice?

I did a couples show and had a blast! The guys got really got into once I said it was a competition to see what dish (we did 2) people liked the best. :)

What is a "Manly Show"?

A "Manly Show" is a cooking demonstration event specifically designed for men. It focuses on showcasing quick and easy recipes that are perfect for those who may not have a lot of cooking experience.

Who can attend a "Manly Show"?

Anyone can attend a "Manly Show"! These events are open to both men and women, and are a great opportunity to learn new cooking skills and try delicious recipes.

Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend?

No, you do not need any previous cooking experience to attend a "Manly Show". Our demonstrations are designed to be beginner-friendly and our consultants are happy to answer any questions you may have.

What kind of recipes will be demonstrated at a "Manly Show"?

The recipes demonstrated at a "Manly Show" are typically quick and easy dishes that are perfect for busy lifestyles. They may include dishes like one-pot meals, grilling recipes, and simple desserts.

Do I need to purchase anything at a "Manly Show"?

There is no pressure to purchase anything at a "Manly Show". However, if you are interested in any of the products used in the demonstration, our consultant will be happy to assist you with placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • lacar602
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies