• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Recipe: Seeking Ideas for Candies?

In summary, the consultant friend of mine just sent out a question about a recipe with the cookie press that you mix frosting with something and make candies. She said it was demonstrated at a show about 5-6 years ago. Does anyone know of a recipe with the cookie press that you mix frosting with something and make candies? Thanks for any help!
janezapchef
Gold Member
A consultant friend of mine just sent this question out. Thought I'd see if anyone here knows the answer.

Does anyone know of a recipe with the cookie press that you mix frosting with something and make candies???? I have a new customer asking; she said it was demonstrated at a show about 5-6 years ago.
Thanks for any help!

You take one package of Chocolate Chips and one Can of Frosting melt in the microwave and place in EAD or Cookie Press.

tlag1986 said:
You take one package of Chocolate Chips and one Can of Frosting melt in the microwave and place in EAD or Cookie Press.

Have you made them that way? Do you press them right away or wait until they are cooled a bit? I have only done this recipe by spreading and using creative cutters once the chocolate sets up.

PS: For those who don't know: the microwave time is 1 minute, then stir to blend.

I have made them that way. Let it cool about 5 minutes, then place in EAD with the star tip. It makes the fudge type bites.

I use the EAD with start tip to make 'kisses'. I think they are too big when made in the Cookie Press.

Yes the EAD for that great idea for Valentine's day , put on a cold bar pan on parchment paper that works good

Yeah, I've made them many, many times with the EAD. I figured that was what her customer was referring to anyway, but I thought maybe it was something else. Thanks!

DSC_3009.jpg

DSC_2320.jpg

Here is the fudge that I have done with the cookie press. I use the recipe with the chips and the sweetened condenced milk. It's really yummy and easy to make. Not all of the disks work. You can tell which ones I used by the picture - I don't remember the numbers. It does need to cool for a while, otherwise it just turns to a pile of mush, which is still yummy, but not so pretty.

fikibiff said:
Here is the fudge that I have done with the cookie press. I use the recipe with the chips and the sweetened condenced milk. It's really yummy and easy to make. Not all of the disks work. You can tell which ones I used by the picture - I don't remember the numbers. It does need to cool for a while, otherwise it just turns to a pile of mush, which is still yummy, but not so pretty.

What recipe is that?

fikibiff said:

Those look awesome! I would love to know the recipe that you use also! TIA!

Wow! I definitely need that recipe! Those are beautiful!

janezapchef said:
Wow! I definitely need that recipe! Those are beautiful!

Especially the one in the first picture, where you have the marbled candy. That is amazing.

One bag of semi sweet chips and one can of sweetened condensed milk, I add a tsp. of vanilla. I've never done this recipe in a press or the EAD, but I use it for the base for fudges. Just melt together.

Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge (Makes about 2 pounds)

3 (6-ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash salt

In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool in your saucepan for about half an hour, stirring occasionally. Load into cookie press. Press onto cutting board or parchment paper, but you have to hold the paper down as you pull the cookie press up. The first one is usually a throw back, but then it should be as easy as click 'n go. Pull press straight up to release. It will look nice and shiny, if you touch it you'll dull the shine. Refrigerate cutting board for about half an hour. Use your large spatula or mini-serving spatula to remove from cutting board. If you leave it on too long it’s harder to remove.

MAKE IT QUICK: Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts along with vanilla, spread in a parchment lined 9" square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
NOTE: Nuts will not go through the cookie press unless you grate them finely with the cheese grater.

Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge: Melt 2 cups mini marshmallows with chips and sw. cond. milk. Proceed as above.

Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 6 oz. semi-sweet chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.

I have also done this with white chocolate chips, half peanut butter chips/half milk chocolate chips, and mint chips. In the white/pink fudge in the picture I CRUSHED candy canes and mixed them in. The pieces do get stuck a little, so have a toothpick ready. The marble ones are just some of the white choc/candy cane fudge very gently mixed with the dark chocolate fudge.

I have gotten lots of good feedback on these and they are SOOOOO easy.

fikibiff said:
Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge (Makes about 2 pounds)

3 (6-ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash salt

In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool in your saucepan for about half an hour, stirring occasionally. Load into cookie press. Press onto cutting board or parchment paper, but you have to hold the paper down as you pull the cookie press up. The first one is usually a throw back, but then it should be as easy as click 'n go. Pull press straight up to release. It will look nice and shiny, if you touch it you'll dull the shine. Refrigerate cutting board for about half an hour. Use your large spatula or mini-serving spatula to remove from cutting board. If you leave it on too long it’s harder to remove.

MAKE IT QUICK: Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts along with vanilla, spread in a parchment lined 9" square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
NOTE: Nuts will not go through the cookie press unless you grate them finely with the cheese grater.

Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge: Melt 2 cups mini marshmallows with chips and sw. cond. milk. Proceed as above.

Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 6 oz. semi-sweet chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.

I have also done this with white chocolate chips, half peanut butter chips/half milk chocolate chips, and mint chips. In the white/pink fudge in the picture I CRUSHED candy canes and mixed them in. The pieces do get stuck a little, so have a toothpick ready. The marble ones are just some of the white choc/candy cane fudge very gently mixed with the dark chocolate fudge.

I have gotten lots of good feedback on these and they are SOOOOO easy.

Really going to sound stupid here, but are these by the 12 oz. bags of chocolate chips? I have seen huge bags, but I never noticed smaller ones.

Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

I don't know where you would get 6oz bags - that is just what the recipe says - I use a bag and a half of the regular size. They are approx. 12 oz depending on the flavor. I got this recipe from here, somewhere, a long toime ago.

1. Can I use the cookie press to make candies?

Yes, the cookie press can be used to make various types of candies, such as chocolate truffles, peanut butter cups, and caramel bites. It is a versatile tool that can help you create delicious treats for any occasion.

2. What type of dough is best for making candies with the cookie press?

The best type of dough for making candies with the cookie press is a firm dough, such as shortbread or sugar cookie dough. These types of dough hold their shape well and are easy to work with when using the cookie press.

3. Can I add flavorings or fillings to the dough when making candies with the cookie press?

Yes, you can add flavorings or fillings, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruits, to the dough when making candies with the cookie press. This will add texture and enhance the flavor of the final product.

4. How do I clean the cookie press after making candies?

The cookie press is easy to clean and can be disassembled for thorough washing. Simply remove the dough and any remaining candy pieces, then wash the parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts completely before storing.

5. Are there any tips for using the cookie press to make candies?

To ensure the best results when making candies with the cookie press, it is important to use a consistent amount of pressure when pressing the dough. It may also help to chill the dough before using the cookie press and to lightly flour the surface where you will be pressing the dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies