• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Cookie Press Dilemma: Is the New One Worth Trying for Novices?

In summary, the conversation discusses the comparison between the old and new cookie press. Some people preferred the old one while others liked the new one. The peanut butter cookie recipe is mentioned as a successful second recipe using the press. The cookbook where the recipe can be found is also mentioned. One person mentions using the press for making mashed potatoes. Overall, there are mixed opinions about the new cookie press.
DebPC
Staff member
Ok- I HATED our old cookie press. Just to be fair I had never used one before. Never promoted it -sold some. Some loved it- some disliked it. So when the new one came out- I figured I'd wait it out for awhile and see how everyone liked it. Well now it's on special for November.
For those of you that have used both- is the new one way better? Should I give it a try??? Is it easier for the novice?
Signed- Cookie Press Challenged

I LOVED our old cookie press (please don't throw rocks... I know I'm in the minority here!) The new one is okay too. I was able to get into a good groove with the old one and never had any problems once I got two recipes that worked flawlessly. (Attached here)

For the current one, the only recipe I've done is the peanut butter presses because they are gluten free and super easy and also flawless!

Attachments

• Best Ever Chocolate Spritz Cookies.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Best Ever Spritz Cookies.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Easy Peanut Butter Presses.doc
    26 KB · Views: 216
I had no problems with the old cookie press. I actually liked it too! I didn't use it that much, but did like it better than the new one. I've never used the new one at a show. I doubt I will, but as it gets closer to being the special, I'll probably at least bring it to shows.

Last year at all of my December shows I did the easy peanut butter presses on the cookie sheet. It's only 3 ingredients and super fast. I would press out the first cookie and then have everyone take a go at it. I sold quite a few presses because of it. Not sure if anyone used it after but I sold them! ;) It's a quick second recipe...

I only used the new one once at a cluster meeting and it was a disaster - for all of us! I have also never used a cookie press before our old one and only used it twice, but I had no problems once I got in the groove with it too. I gave my new one away in a gift basket.

finley1991 said:
Last year at all of my December shows I did the easy peanut butter presses on the cookie sheet. It's only 3 ingredients and super fast. I would press out the first cookie and then have everyone take a go at it. I sold quite a few presses because of it. Not sure if anyone used it after but I sold them! ;) It's a quick second recipe...

I do love that peanut butter cookie recipe! How easy is that?! Great idea about passing it around at a show. I may have to think about doing that as an easy 2nd recipe.

pamperedlinda said:
I only used the new one once at a cluster meeting and it was a disaster - for all of us! I have also never used a cookie press before our old one and only used it twice, but I had no problems once I got in the groove with it too. I gave my new one away in a gift basket.

What book is that in? I think I'll do it as a second recipe too.

bethcooks4u said:
What book is that in? I think I'll do it as a second recipe too.

Beth - I think you meant to quote the one above Linda's....:D

The Peanut Butter Presses are in the All The Best Cookbook. ;)

Chefbeckyd said:
Beth - I think you meant to quote the one above Linda's....:D

The Peanut Butter Presses are in the All The Best Cookbook. ;)

Yep you are right. Sorry and THANKS!

We did the cookie press last year for our December meeting and NONE of us could get it to work right..my husband the engineer finally figured it out but he can't eat cookies because he's diabetic, LOL. So it's on my "don't bother to show this tool" list. And tool that makes me use plumbing language when I use it is not worth my time, LOL.

I like using it to make Riced Mashed Potatoes - shows that it isn't just for cookies which gives it more value. And, it is really difficult to mess that up!

Related to Cookie Press Dilemma: Is the New One Worth Trying for Novices?

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make shaped cookies by pressing dough through a disc with a specific design. The dough is placed inside the press and then squeezed out onto a baking sheet. Some presses are manual, requiring you to squeeze the handle, while others are electric.

What is the "Cookie Press Dilemma" and how can it be avoided?

The "Cookie Press Dilemma" refers to the issue of the dough sticking to the press or not coming out smoothly, resulting in misshapen or broken cookies. To avoid this, make sure your dough is the right consistency (not too dry or too wet) and always use a non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper. You can also chill the dough before using the press to make it easier to handle.

Can I use a cookie press for anything besides cookies?

While a cookie press is primarily used for making cookies, it can also be used for other items such as cheese straws, churros, and even mashed potatoes. Just make sure the dough or mixture has a consistency that is suitable for the press and that the disc used has an appropriate design.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

After each use, disassemble the cookie press and wash the parts in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before reassembling or storing. Some presses are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. To maintain your press, make sure to remove any leftover dough or debris before storing, and occasionally oil the moving parts to keep them working smoothly.

Can I use my cookie press without a recipe specifically designed for it?

While it's always best to use a recipe that is specifically designed for a cookie press, you can also try adapting your favorite cookie recipe by adjusting the dough consistency and using the right disc for the press. It may take some trial and error, but it can be done with some experimentation and patience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies