• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Convincing a Non-Cook to Love Pampered Chef Parties!

I always thought that if I ever didn't cook, I could just go to a show and buy what I need! Thanks for the heads up!Re: Non-cooksGreat idea! She is a wine drinker and likes to entertain. Thanks!
tmlinla
Hey everyone - lurker here! :) Signed up December 31st and working on bookings. 3 down and need lots more! Anyway, my question is:

What would be the best way to approach someone who doesn't like to cook?? My best friend is a non-cook but has kids so you gotta cook sometimes, right! I need to convince her to have a party and love PC! Help!

Re: Non-cooksPC has a lot of basic tools that even noncooks need: batter bowls, bar pan, measuring cups, can opener etc. Don't count her out just because she doesn't cook.

Re: Non-cooksMaybe concentrate on the entertaining aspect. Focus on Simple Additions, Bamboo, Drinkware etc. Suggest a wine and cheese show or a martini show.

Or, if the reason she doesn't cook is because she's too busy, a Dinner Time in No Time show. Ask her also what kind of cooking her friends do. She might not be interested in cooking, but if she has a lot of friends who do, her show will be more successful if they see stuff they'll use.

Re: Non-cooksGreat idea! She is a wine drinker and likes to entertain. Thanks!

Re: Non-cooksOr batter bowls, micro cookers, rice cookers and any piece of stoneware small enough to fit into a microwave!I'm thinking about posting something on FB like : Attention non-cooks: Now is a perfect time to get things to make your busy life easier! Not everyone cooks, but everybody eats!

Re: Non-cooksI have a great flyer I use called "But I don't Cook". All the tools even NONCOOKS need! :) When people tell me they don't cook, I tell them "do I have something for you!" and I hand them the flyer. Most order! :) Let me know if you are interested.

Re: Non-cooksEveryone eats. Let me help you make it easier.

Re: Non-cooks
cookingwithdot said:
I have a great flyer I use called "But I don't Cook". All the tools even NONCOOKS need! :) When people tell me they don't cook, I tell them "do I have something for you!" and I hand them the flyer. Most order! :) Let me know if you are interested.

GREAT idea. Do you have this flyer available for others?? :)

Re: Non-cooksShe said she "used to have" it, which implies she doesn't have it anymore. But I'm sure we can help re-create it! :)

Re: Non-cooksYou could ask her perhaps what she does for meals? Let her tell you - does she reheat, by prepackaged/ready made foods, go out to eat? She may cook more than she realizes- but defines "cooking" as opening a cookbook and following a recipe with ingredients and steps. When in fact, she's cooking- just not what SHE'd call cooking. (does that make any sense or only in my head did it sound right??!:rolleyes:)

Finding out what KIND of "cook" she is, may help you tailor a show for her. Obviously- entertaining is perfect too, but with kids at home, I'd be hard-pressed to think she doesn't cook ANYTHING and always does take out...or does her DH do most of the cooking...in which case, maybe you can make it a couples-party.

And we have LOTS of microwave tools! :D

Re: Non-cooksUh -- non-cook here! I didn't have any PC products and had never been to a show before I started in this biz...now, 4 years later, I have earned 3 BIG PC trips, TPC, thousands of dollars in products & commission and LEARNED TO COOK!

So what would I have LOVED while I was a non-cook? The Large Round Stone -- it's awesome for frozen pizza, frozen fries and chicken nuggets! The Batter Bowl -- it microwaves water QUICK -- great for hot chocolate and instant oatmeal! Any of the Forged knives (to cut apples), the Simple Additions Medium Squares (they are seriously the heaviest nicest dinner plates EVER), the Dots wine and martini glasses (love to drink!)....there is TONS for the non-cook!!!!!

And by the way, why don't you ask your friend to join you in this business -- look at me!

Re: Non-cooksNo, I said I have a flyer I use, not used to have. LOL :)
Here is what I have - not fancy, but it works! :)

Attachments

• But_I_don_t_cook__.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 595
Di_Can_Cook said:
Or batter bowls, micro cookers, rice cookers and any piece of stoneware small enough to fit into a microwave!

I'm thinking about posting something on FB like : Attention non-cooks: Now is a perfect time to get things to make your busy life easier! Not everyone cooks, but everybody eats!

WOW! I love this :)
I keep hearing people say they don't cook - I finally got the nerve to ask them, then what are you eating??? They just laughed...

cookingwithdot said:
No, I said I have a flyer I use, not used to have. LOL :)

:) Dottie - I Love this - especially the quick stir pitcher.
I once heard someone say about the can strainer to use it in the tub :) just make sure it's not the same one you use to strain your food...

I am so using this flyer

Thanks
Danah

cookingwithdot said:

I am so making copies of this. I had a guest at my last show that said she did not cook. By the time the show was over she was begging me to book a show for her.

danahv said:
WOW! I love this :)
I keep hearing people say they don't cook - I finally got the nerve to ask them, then what are you eating??? They just laughed...

THat's hilarious.

Re: Non-cooksYou all have some really great ideas. They will be helpful when I am motivating her to have a successful party. She is booking in March!

Thanks a lot for that flyer Dottie. That will work great!

Can you believe I had another "I don't cook" today from someone I work with! I am working on her and her weight watchers group for my next booking.

Re: Non-cooksLOVE the flyer!!!! Lots of ideas I never thought of!!! I have a feeling I will be using it a LOT!! Thank you!!!

Re: Non-cooksI once had someone host a show because she wanted the host special - the salad spinner. She didn't want it for salad though, she wanted it to spin dry swimsuits when they were camping at the beach. According to her, it works great!

She, and her mother (another non-cook) have both hosted several shows between them since that show....just because they have so much fun!

They both love the DCB - perfect for the non-cook who wants to roast a chicken, or pork tenderloin.

They love the QSP, and all of the spices and now the sauces too. (easy to make dips, spreads, and appetizers with those!)

When I do a show with them, I always include a recipe that is great for non-cooks...like the biscuit bites, or the pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese. They think I'm a genius...:D

Re: Non-cooksHi ladies - it was brought to my attention that there is a typo on my flyer. No "S" on Julia Child. :) OOPS! Thanks - glad you like it. It has worked great for me.

cookingwithdot said:
I have a great flyer I use called "But I don't Cook". All the tools even NONCOOKS need! :) When people tell me they don't cook, I tell them "do I have something for you!" and I hand them the flyer. Most order! :) Let me know if you are interested.

I'd be interested in the flyer! I had a guest at my last show that just ordered a couple of things because she "didn't cook"... although she asked me a lot of questions about the food chopper.. and I wanted to cry right there because I know there were things I could say to her but did not know what, or how to say it!!! :cry:

Re: Non-cooksLOVE this flyer! I added the following to it (got the "legos" line from the Spring Launch):

Bamboo Entertaining pieces: Set your store-bought appetizers on our bamboo platters, or empty that jar of salsa in one of our small bamboo bowls along with a small bamboo spoon for a beautiful presentation (and you take the credit!) … plus bamboo is environmentally-friendly!

Simple Additions and Dots Collections: They’re like Legos for adults! Mix and match to create the perfect tablescape.

Re: Non-cooksAt spring Launch, we had Robin House as a speaker. Her opening line at her shows is "I am here to get you OUT of the kitchen!" I loved it and it is a perfect catcher for the non-cooks in the crowd. Because, like you said, they have to do something for food.

Re: Non-cooksCharity...Robin is my recruiter/director. She did a PC show at my house and ended up recruiting me. She is phenomenal, and she actually uses that line at a lot of her cooking shows. I will pass on that you mentioned it.

Re: Non-cooksGreat flier with great tips. Here are some more..The stack-able cooling rack is great under laptop computers to help them from overheating. Use flat for circulation or use tall to create a shelve for papers.Tool turn about is handy in the office to hold pens, pencils, scissors. A scrapbooker can store markers, specialty scissors ect.Mix n chop works wonders in the garden as a hand tiller and can mix paint in a snap.Clock timer is also a travel alarm.My safe cutter can be used to carve pumpkins.Handy scraper and bakers roller help smooth out wallpaper and boarders.Mini muffin pan can sort lots of jewelry and beads. Flour/sugar shaker holds baking soda in my kitchen for quick cleanup jobs.Not to mention how giftable our items are. Thank a friend for hosing a party with the lovely round up from the heart trivet or fill a batter bowl with candy and add a bow.

cookingwithdot said:

Dottie, I love this flyer! It is so cute! And great ideas for the non-cook. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!!

cookingwithdot said:
I love this flyer! Thats a GREAT idea to have on hand!I edited things a little, but the idea is awesome!I also have my "Top 20 Gifts Under $20" list for Christmas, Birthday, and housewarming parties and my "Top 10 Best Wedding Gifts from Pampered Chef" lists...just ONE more flyer to keep on hand for breaking down their arguments.

Last edited:
Re: Non-cooksI also have my "Top 20 Gifts Under $20" list for Christmas, Birthday, and housewarming parties and my "Top 10 Best Wedding Gifts from Pampered Chef" lists...just ONE more flyer to keep on hand for breaking down their arguments.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that too! I'm still new so I'm gathering as many lists as I can! I plan to keep a file folder in the car :)

Related to Convincing a Non-Cook to Love Pampered Chef Parties!

1. How will attending a Pampered Chef party benefit someone who doesn't enjoy cooking?

Attending a Pampered Chef party is not just about learning to cook. Our parties offer a fun and engaging atmosphere where you can socialize with friends and family while enjoying delicious food. You'll also have the opportunity to discover new kitchen tools and gadgets that will make cooking easier and more enjoyable for non-cooks.

2. I'm not interested in buying anything, can I still attend a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Our parties are designed to be fun and informative, regardless of whether you make a purchase or not. You'll still have a great time trying out new recipes and learning about our products. Plus, there's always the chance to win prizes and free products!

3. Will I be pressured to host my own Pampered Chef party after attending one?

There is no pressure to host a party, but if you do choose to host one, you'll receive amazing hostess rewards and discounts on our products. Hosting a party is a great way to share your love for Pampered Chef with your friends and family, but it is completely optional.

4. Can I bring my kids to a Pampered Chef party?

Of course! We welcome all ages at our parties. In fact, we have a variety of kid-friendly products and recipes that your little ones will love. It's a great opportunity to get them involved in the kitchen and teach them valuable cooking skills.

5. I have special dietary restrictions, will there be options for me at a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, we offer a wide range of recipes and products that cater to various dietary needs. Our consultants are also trained to help you find alternatives and make adjustments to recipes to fit your specific dietary needs. Just let your host know about your restrictions and we'll make sure you still have a great time at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• txtrina
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kara Eaton