• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Construction in Gary, IN: Will it affect my travel to Chicago?

There are plenty of alternate routes, but nothing is as easy as 80/90. Just be aware that the toll prices are increasing and it's best to have extra cash on hand.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I am driving to conference from the East and AAA has an alert that shows the Gary area I65 in the I80 area under construction with detours.

Has anyone traveled this lately or live in the area? How much of a problem will this create? I worry that I'll get rerouted into a seedy area and/or get lost. lol There's no easy way to get to Chicago that I know of without going through there...

No problems....you don't have to worry when taking 80/90 thru Indiana.

The I65 ramps are closed off due to construction. Are you coming North from Indy?

If you are going E-W on the 80/90 Toll Road, take note....the Toll Road prices are RIDICULOUS....bring extra $$ with you! They just doubled our toll prices after SELLING the Toll Road to a foreign company. I think it's $8 to get from the Ohio border to Illinois.

There is a lot of construction, but nothing more than going from 3 lanes to 2 (or 2 to 1) in certain sections. You will most likely breeze thru. Watch your speed, though. They are sticklers -- and in Illinois, they have cameras that clock your speed and just send a ticket to the address via the license plate info. You won't know you are getting one til it comes in the mail. Yikes!

Last edited:
jwpamp said:
No problems....you don't have to worry when taking 80/90 thru Indiana.

The I65 ramps are closed off due to construction. Are you coming North from Indy?

If you are going E-W on the 80/90 Toll Road, take note....the Toll Road prices are RIDICULOUS....bring extra $$ with you! They just doubled our toll prices after SELLING the Toll Road to a foreign company. I think it's $8 to get from the Ohio border to Illinois.

There is a lot of construction, but nothing more than going from 3 lanes to 2 (or 2 to 1) in certain sections. You will most likely breeze thru. Watch your speed, though. They are sticklers -- and in Illinois, they have cameras that clock your speed and just send a ticket to the address via the license plate info. You won't know you are getting one til it comes in the mail. Yikes!
Lovely. Selling our roads.:thumbdown:

Is there another route I could take without adding a ton of time?

Glad to hear I won't be routed off the interstate. :thumbup:

It's really a breeze, and the easiest way to get thru. Traffic doesn't STOP unless it's 1 am and they need to close it for 15 or 20 minutes (which happens VERY RARELY).

Never fear, Beth, you are good to go!

Hi there! I have traveled through the Gary area on I65 before and I can understand your concern. However, I can assure you that the construction and detours should not be a major problem for your journey to the conference. The detours are well-marked and the construction is usually not too disruptive. If you are worried about getting lost, I would recommend using a GPS or map app on your phone to guide you through the detours. I hope this helps alleviate some of your worries. Safe travels!

1. What kind of construction projects are currently taking place in Gary area?

Currently, there are various construction projects happening in the Gary area, including road repairs, building renovations, and new commercial and residential developments.

2. How long will the construction in Gary area last?

The duration of construction projects in Gary area varies depending on the scope and complexity of each project. However, the average timeline for most projects is between 6 months to 2 years.

3. Is there any major road closure due to construction in Gary area?

Yes, there are a few major road closures in the Gary area due to ongoing construction projects. It is recommended to check for alternative routes before traveling to avoid any inconvenience.

4. Are there any safety measures in place for the construction in Gary area?

Yes, all construction projects in Gary area adhere to strict safety regulations and protocols to ensure the safety of both workers and the general public. Construction sites are also regularly inspected to ensure compliance.

5. Will the construction in Gary area cause any disruptions to daily life?

While construction projects may cause temporary disruptions such as noise and traffic, efforts are made to minimize any inconvenience to residents and businesses in the area. Alternative routes and schedules are often put in place to mitigate disruptions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • sailortena
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heat123
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies