• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Communication Skills: Become a Better Communicator - Raleigh & Greensboro, NC

In summary, SkillPath Seminars offers a course that will help you increase your communication skills. The course is offered in Greensboro and Raleigh, and is available to directors for a discounted price.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
SkillPath Seminars offers the following course:
How to Become a Better Communicator for $149 or if there are 4 who sign up at the same time it's $139 per person.

In this seminar you'll learn...
How you can increase the levels of collaboration and mutual support among team members, co-workers and managers
How to express your ideas in ways that gain the attention, support and respect of others
How to quickly "fit in" with any group of people
How to make an unforgettable, positive first impression on anyone
And much more
Excellent interpersonal communication skills are the most potent career and personal skills you can possess. Learn how to communicate effectively and confidently with these practical and proven techniques and skills that are essential for managers, supervisors, team leaders ... anyone interested in heading for the top!

I am planning to take this class. It is offered in Greensboro on September 20 and in Raleigh on September 21 (both days are 9-4).

Does anyone live in the general Raleigh or Greensboro NC area and interested in taking it with me? For directors it would only be $39 or $49 each if we used our director benefit. I am good either day but the 20th would be better for me. Let me know as soon as you can and pass this along to other directors you may know in the area.

I have taken skillpath classes in the past and they were pretty good.

sounds incredible! Are these all over the country?

Yes. Just got to SkillPath Seminars and put your zip code in to see the classes near you.

Wow!! I have like 8 in my area over the fall season!! I'm going to look into this! Thanks Beth!:D

Wait, I don't have the better communicator class.I have all different ones like excel, security clearance, administrative assts., conference for women, powerpoint presentations, managers and supervisors conference and managing emotions and thriving under pressure.

Hmmm. Any Suggestions?

Come to NC and take the class with me. :rolleyes: :p

Just go back periodically. They may have just held that class in your area. I have taken some of the ones listed in my area in years past so I know they repeat them pretty often.

What great classes they offer and LOTS on my area! Thanks so much Beth for finding & sharing this info! I am going to see if I can pull together some directors in my area to come with me!

Related to Communication Skills: Become a Better Communicator - Raleigh & Greensboro, NC

1) What are some common communication issues that can affect relationships?

Some common communication issues that can affect relationships include lack of active listening, using aggressive or passive-aggressive communication styles, not expressing oneself clearly, and not considering the other person's perspective.

2) How can I become a better listener?

To become a better listener, try to focus on what the other person is saying without interrupting or thinking about your response. Show interest and understanding through body language and verbal cues, and ask clarifying questions to ensure you understand the message. Avoid distractions and fully engage in the conversation.

3) How can I improve my nonverbal communication?

Nonverbal communication plays a significant role in how our messages are received. To improve nonverbal communication, pay attention to your body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice. Make eye contact, maintain an open posture, and use gestures that support your message. Practice mirroring and matching the nonverbal cues of the person you are communicating with to build rapport and understanding.

4) How can I effectively resolve conflicts through communication?

To effectively resolve conflicts through communication, start by actively listening to the other person's perspective without judgment. Use "I" statements to express your feelings and avoid blaming or accusing the other person. Practice empathy and try to understand the other person's point of view. Seek a compromise or solution that addresses both parties' needs.

5) How can I communicate more assertively?

Communicating assertively involves expressing your needs and wants in a direct and respectful manner. To communicate more assertively, state your thoughts and feelings clearly and confidently, without being aggressive or passive. Use "I" statements and avoid apologizing for your needs. Practice standing up for yourself and setting boundaries when necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • NooraK