• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Collecting Payment - My Last Resort

In summary, the host still owes the speaker money and has not sent them the payment after multiple emails and phone messages. The speaker is hoping that sending a letter will help get the host to pay.
kisrae
Gold Member
Does anyone have a letter about collecting payment?
I have a host who still owes me money ($43) and hasn't sent me the payment after 3 emails and 2 phone messages.
I need my money. I was hoping that if i sent her a letter she would see how important it is to me.

Thanks,

Did you already submit her show?

I did. She was a great host the last time I did her show. And I have bought and paid for some of her products (avon) so I didn't think it would be a problem.
But that's what i get for thinking:)

I don't have a letter, but then again, I can paint on a smile and kill'em with kindness! I just would show up at her house with the receipt and tell her that your there to collect payment. If she says she doesn't have it now and that she'll have it in such & such time, I'd ask her for a post dated check and then I'd go to her bank on the day of or day after she says she's suppossed to have it and get it cashed!
That's just me though! I've only did this once and smiled and told her I understood while she gave me her excuses. And for all I know, the excuses were the truth, it's not up to me to judge, but it was up to me to collect on product that she was already using! And when I seen her at a future show, I was very nice and didn't even bring it up except for at payment time I let her know that I would cash the check the next day. I just planned on the fact that if it didn't go through, then I wouldn't place her order with the show unless she paid me cash!
I just want a final answer, I don't like waiting on people especially if it's something like a payment!
Maybe somebody will have a letter to help you with, but this is how I'd do it!
Good luck! :)

Dear [Name],

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting to receive payment from your host. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I understand how important it is to receive payment for our hard work and dedication.

I have had success in similar situations by sending a polite and professional letter to the host, outlining the amount owed and the importance of timely payment. I have included a template below that you can use as a guide:

[Host's Name]
[Host's Address]

Dear [Host's Name],

I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the outstanding balance of $43 that is owed for your recent Pampered Chef party. I understand that life can get busy and things may slip through the cracks, but as a small business owner, timely payments are crucial for me.

I have sent several emails and left a couple of voicemails regarding this matter, but I have yet to receive a response or payment from you. I want to ensure that you had a wonderful experience at your party and that you were satisfied with your purchases. If there were any issues or concerns, I would be more than happy to address them and find a resolution.

I value our relationship and would appreciate if you could please send the payment at your earliest convenience. I have included a self-addressed stamped envelope for your convenience.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Pampered Chef Consultant

I hope this helps and that you are able to receive your payment soon. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck,

Pampered Chef Consultant

Related to Collecting Payment - My Last Resort

1. How should I approach a customer who has not paid their bill?

The first step is to send a friendly reminder email or letter to the customer, reminding them of the outstanding balance and the due date. If there is still no response, you can try calling the customer or sending a more urgent notice.

2. What should I do if the customer still does not pay after multiple attempts?

If the customer does not respond or make payment after multiple attempts, it may be necessary to escalate the issue. This could include involving a collections agency or taking legal action.

3. Is it necessary to have a written contract or agreement when collecting payment?

Having a written contract or agreement can be beneficial when collecting payment, as it outlines the terms and conditions of the transaction. However, it is not always necessary as long as there is evidence of the goods or services provided and the agreed upon price.

4. Can I offer payment plans or discounts to encourage a customer to make payment?

Yes, offering payment plans or discounts can be a helpful way to encourage a customer to make payment. However, be sure to clearly outline the terms and conditions of these options and get them in writing to avoid any misunderstandings.

5. How can I prevent the need to resort to collections for payment?

The best way to prevent the need to resort to collections is to establish clear payment terms and policies from the start. Communicate these to your customers and follow up promptly on any missed payments. Building strong relationships with your customers can also help avoid payment issues in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jendill
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • naekelsey