• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Cake Test-Run: What's Next?

In summary, the speaker mentioned making a microwave chocolate cake for a show and wanting to do a test run with her family. She asked for suggestions and someone recommended adding pudding mix and Kahlua to the cake. Another person suggested using the mix to make Tiramisu brownies instead. The recipe for Tiramisu brownies was shared and the speaker expressed excitement to try it at a later date.
Jenni
I told a friend who is hosting a show I would bring dessert. I wanted to do a test run on a microwave chocolate cake before serving it. So I told my Mom and sisters I was coming over with dessert tonight and they were the testers. The one I did called for cake mix, three eggs, sour cream, chocolate chips. I didn't love it... did it stop me from finishing my slice heck no it was chocolate but it wasn't wow. I did a lemon one a few weeks ago that used pudding and I loved it. Any suggestions... it has to be chocolate!

I've done that chocolate one, but add a box of dry instant pudding mix (4-serving size), and 1/2 cup of Khalua.

Does it have to be a microwave cake? I really, really like the Teramasu (sp?) brownies! Did I mention I really like them:)!

Nothing beats the warm nutty caramel brownies in my book!

chefann said:
I've done that chocolate one, but add a box of dry instant pudding mix (4-serving size), and 1/2 cup of Khalua.

Ann would I make the pudding first by adding milk?? Do you use eggs or chocolate chips? I guess I should say Ann can I get the whole recipe and stop asking so may ?s LOL

I hoped to do a microwave cake... I just got the round tray and round basket and want to show off the fluted stone.
I too love the caramel brownies, I did them at the show this host booked off of!

Jenni said:
Ann would I make the pudding first by adding milk?? Do you use eggs or chocolate chips? I guess I should say Ann can I get the whole recipe and stop asking so may ?s LOL
Just add the pudding mix powder to the cake mix powder. Then add 3 eggs, 2 cups sour cream and chocolate chips. The Khalua is optional, but makes the cake really moist (and adds a little bit of coffee flavor to enhance the chocolate). You can also add some cinnamon to make a Mexican Chocolate Cake.

sfdavis918 said:
Nothing beats the warm nutty caramel brownies in my book!

Amen SISTER! :) Mmmmm warm, gooey, chocolatey, carmely, nutty brownie goodness!

I don't care for any of the microwave cakes...I am quite the cake snob! lol

Tiramisu brownies ROCK, though!

KellyTheChef said:

Same here, Kelly!

I LOVE the Brownie Truffle Bites!

chefann said:

hmmmm, I wonder which of those ingrediants makes it so yummy? ;)

legacypc46 said:
hmmmm, I wonder which of those ingrediants makes it so yummy? ;)
1/2 cup Khalua for the cook, 1/2 cup for the cake.

Repeat as necessary.

:)

I do the Chocloate Lava cakes in the microwave....never had a complaint!

1 devils food cake mix and ingredients to make cake
1 can of milk chocolate icing

Mix cake and pour into well greased Fluted Stone. Tkae medium scoop and "plop" 7-8 "plops" on top of the mixed cake. Microwave for 12-13 minutes. Let sit in micro for about 10 minutes. Take out and stand on cooling rack for 30 minutes. Turn over onto Round Platter and serve!

What happens is that the icing melts thru the cake while cooking and keeps it moist. Then, once you turn it over on the Plate, the icing runs down the side in ooey-gooey little rivers of chocolate!

chefann said:
1/2 cup Khalua for the cook, 1/2 cup for the cake.

Repeat as necessary.

:)

Thank you Julia Child!;)

KellyTheChef said:

Tiramisu brownies ROCK... not for tomorrow's show but for a later date. Where would one find this recipe?

Tiramisu Brownie Squares
Submitted by RINI
1 package (19-21 ounces) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
20 chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray rectangular baker with oil. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; pour into baker, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

2. In a bowl, combine milk and instant coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Add half of the whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk until smooth. Coarsely chop cookies; fold into pudding mixture. Spread filling evenly over cooled brownie.

3. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe diagonal rows, 1/4 inch apart, over entire surface of filling. Grate chocolate morsels over whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill 30 minutes. Slice& Serve .

Yield: 20 servings or 30 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 0 g

In my house...we like making a German Chocolate cake in the Micro. No forsting necessary as I just scoop the frosting right into the batter..easy peasy adn oh so yummy!! LOL!

KellyTheChef said:
Tiramisu Brownie Squares
Submitted by RINI
1 package (19-21 ounces) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray rectangular baker with oil. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; pour into baker, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

2. In a bowl, combine milk and instant coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Add half of the whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk until smooth. Coarsely chop cookies; fold into pudding mixture. Spread filling evenly over cooled brownie.

3. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe diagonal rows, 1/4 inch apart, over entire surface of filling. Grate chocolate morsels over whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill 30 minutes. Slice& Serve .

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 0 g

Ohhhh that sounds delish........

erinyourpclady said:
Ohhhh that sounds delish........
Erin...you have not experienced these yet? How is that possible?!!

I am not a big coffee fan...but these are amazing!

Jenni said:
Tiramisu brownies ROCK... not for tomorrow's show but for a later date. Where would one find this recipe?
I know Kelly already posted this but it is also found in our All The Best cookbook.

KellyTheChef said:

I ditto both of those sentances!

The Chocolate Velvet Strawberry cake is really good. Or Cherry Chocolate. I think it's 3 eggs mixed with cherry pie filling and then add in chocolate cake. Look in the files for fluted pan recipes, there should be alot more to make in there.

KellyTheChef said:
Tiramisu Brownie Squares
Submitted by RINI
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Thanks I'm going to try them out some time this month at a show.....

BethCooks4U said:
I know Kelly already posted this but it is also found in our All The Best cookbook.

At this time I only have the 29 minute cookbook. I did just order two others but have not gotten them yet.... waiting :rolleyes:
I can tell I'm bored with what I have been doing(food wise) so I'm ready for the books to arrive.

KellyTheChef said:

Me either. They just don't taste right.

Wow - and I thought I was alone (except for Linda!:thumbup: ) in not liking the Micro Cakes! Sometimes I've felt like a freak of nature for not liking them!

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone!:D

I'm not a huge fan of them either, although they are acceptable when you just gotta have a fast cake fix. But they don't store well - gotta have a crowd so that the whole thing is eaten right away.

Like Becky, I do enjoy the Truffle Brownie Cups, especially when made with dark chocolate chips. YUM!

DebbieJ said:
Like Becky, I do enjoy the Truffle Brownie Cups, especially when made with dark chocolate chips. YUM!

Yum! Ghiradelli's Dark Chocolate Chips....we eat them out of the bag here, and I'm always running out when I need them for an actual recipe. (like the Truffle Brownie Cups)

I had a host a couple weeks back who was at a party (non pc) which I made the Chocolate Velvet cake with strawberries but in the oven. She liked it so much that she asked me to make it at her party. At her party I made it in the microwave and she said she liked it even more so in the microwave because it was more moist and dense. I guess it depends on how you like your cakes. But I sold a few of the fluted pans because of the recipe :)

Related to Chocolate Cake Test-Run: What's Next?

1. What is the recipe for the chocolate cake you tested?

The chocolate cake recipe used for the test run included cake mix, three eggs, sour cream, and chocolate chips.

2. How did the chocolate cake taste?

The chocolate cake was not as impressive as the lemon cake that was previously tested. However, it was still enjoyable due to the rich chocolate flavor.

3. Did you enjoy the chocolate cake enough to serve it for the show?

While the chocolate cake was not a "wow" dessert, it was still tasty and could be served for the show.

4. How does this chocolate cake compare to the lemon cake you previously tested?

The chocolate cake did not have the same level of flavor and texture as the lemon cake. However, it was still a decent option for a chocolate dessert.

5. Do you have any suggestions for improving the chocolate cake recipe?

Based on this test run, it may be beneficial to experiment with different ingredients such as using pudding or adding more chocolate chips for a richer flavor. Additionally, adjusting the baking time and temperature may also help improve the texture of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jilleysue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JaniD
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefBeckyD