• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chix Tort Casserole Recipe: Choosing the Right Peppers, Baking Tips & More!

In summary, the person making dinner on Sunday has a few questions about the recipe. They ask if Pablano peppers are hotter than Jalapeno peppers and if they can use the milder of the two. They also ask if they should use a 9x13 rectangle baker if they double the recipe and if they can make it in the oven instead of the microwave. They mention liking the suggestion of adding corn to the dish. They also ask if the dish can be made in a DCB instead of a DDB. Another person confirms that Pablano peppers are milder and suggests baking the dish at 350-375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. They also mention that the dish can be made in the DCB,
heat123
Silver Member
I am making this for dinner sunday and had a few?? I read the other thread but couldn't find what I was looking for....

1. Is a Pablano pepper hotter than a Jalapeno pepper? I need to use the milder of the two.

2. If I double this recipe should I use the 9x13 rectangle baker?

3. Can I make it in the oven instead of the micro since it's a bigger dish? If so what temp and how long would I bake for?

4. I liked the corn recommendation to add to it!:)

TIA!

I have a question too. Can this be made in the DCB instead of the DDB??

heat123 said:
I am making this for dinner sunday and had a few?? I read the other thread but couldn't find what I was looking for....

1. Is a Pablano pepper hotter than a Jalapeno pepper? I need to use the milder of the two.

2. If I double this recipe should I use the 9x13 rectangle baker?

3. Can I make it in the oven instead of the micro since it's a bigger dish? If so what temp and how long would I bake for?

4. I liked the corn recommendation to add to it!:)

TIA!
1) yes they are milder - sort of like a smoket bell pepper - but, if they are sarting to turn red then they are hot

2) yes

3) I'd bake it at 350 - 375 until it starts bubbling....maybe 30 - 40 mins?

elizabethfox said:
I have a question too. Can this be made in the DCB instead of the DDB??
I guess so. Since the DCB is deeper your cassarole would be 'wetter' - you might need to cook it longer - then the top might dry out so, I guess I just don't know. sorry to ramble on ya!

Thanks Linda you rock!

And yes, on the other thread it did say you cans use the DCB instead!

Related to Chix Tort Casserole Recipe: Choosing the Right Peppers, Baking Tips & More!

What types of peppers work best in the Chix Tort Casserole recipe?

The Chix Tort Casserole recipe is versatile and can be made with a variety of peppers. However, bell peppers are the most commonly used and recommended for this dish. Other options include poblano, Anaheim, or even jalapeno peppers for a spicier kick.

Can I use frozen peppers in the Chix Tort Casserole recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen peppers in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess water before adding them to the casserole. This will prevent the dish from becoming too watery.

What are some baking tips for the Chix Tort Casserole?

To ensure a perfectly baked casserole, here are some tips to keep in mind: preheat your oven to the recommended temperature, use a glass or ceramic baking dish for even heat distribution, and cover the casserole with foil for the first half of the baking time to prevent the cheese from burning.

Can I make the Chix Tort Casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the casserole ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before baking to ensure even cooking. You may also need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold.

Can I use a rotisserie chicken in the Chix Tort Casserole recipe?

Yes, using a rotisserie chicken in this recipe is a great time-saving option. Simply shred the chicken and use it in place of the cooked chicken in the recipe. This will add a delicious flavor to the casserole and save you time on cooking the chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies