• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef Consultant Seek Advice on Summer Catalogs

In summary, the new catalogs are just a rearranged version of the old catalogs with a new picture on the front. There is no need to get new ones if you still have a large stash.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hello Fellow Chefs!!:chef:

Could someone enlighten this consultant about the new summer catalogs?? What could be in them and do we really need them at this point??
I have a stock pile of 200+ catalogs and don't need more if I can help it!:eek:

THANK YOU!!!:balloon:

That was my thought when I read about the "new" catalogs. Never knew they did a summer one.

They're not really "new" catalogs. About a year ago they started printing new pictures on the fron of the catalogs at the mid-season point. This is the information from the PC NewsWire: "On June 1, we'll be unveiling our Summer 2008 catalog, but here's a sneak peek of what's inside:

• We've changed our layout, as the first 10 pages are now devoted to all of your outdoor entertaining needs.

• Three delicious recipes — Red, White & Blueberry Trifle, Berry & Kiwi Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing and Triple-Citrus Mojitos — along with all of our outdoor products just in time for backyard barbecues."

So in other words, same catalog just a new picture and the contents are rearranged. --HTH

HO did research and determined that when a few things in a catalog are changed, people think it's a whole new book and will notice things they never noticed before. So HO started changing our catalogs mid-season. That's all that this book is. There's no need to get new ones if you still have a large stash. (And if they were a new book that was supposed to come out for customers on June 1, they'd be available to us before then.)

I have always had too many catalogs to order at the mid season point. But I do like the look of the new cover and layout that is coming out. I might just have to get some more this time (I am running pretty low right now anyway).

okay, great. So, when I have a show where half the people have one version and half the people have the other we will be totally confused!

Yep- so use the kind you have less of in your host packs for outside orders, since it doesn't matter if they match the ones that you use at the show.

I knew you'd have a logical answer Ann! thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
okay, great. So, when I have a show where half the people have one version and half the people have the other we will be totally confused!

yep and they keep saying "why is mine different from hers??"

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not ordering the new ones then as all my customers have the first one so thats what this mama is sticking to! :)

I gotta say, they were smart to put the Grill Basket on the cover. That's one of my most popular items! I do think the angle of the basket in the photo though looks a little weird. Looks more like an amateur photo than a professional one. But that's just me. :)

I like the idea but the fact that they are still back ordered, it could mean they are back ordered even longer with people ordering it. Oh well, can't win them all! :)

I agree about the grill basket. It's my #1 S/S seller.

Related to Chef Consultant Seek Advice on Summer Catalogs

What is the deadline for submitting a summer catalog order?

The deadline for submitting a summer catalog order is typically two weeks after the release date of the catalog. However, it may vary depending on your specific region. It is best to check with your team leader or the Pampered Chef website for the exact deadline in your area.

Are there any new products featured in the summer catalog?

Yes, there are usually new products featured in the summer catalog. These products are specially selected for the summer season and are often perfect for outdoor entertaining or summer cooking. As a Chef Consultant, it is important to familiarize yourself with these new products and be prepared to showcase them to your customers.

Can I customize my orders from the summer catalog?

Yes, you can customize your orders from the summer catalog. Pampered Chef offers a Build Your Own Collection option where you can choose your favorite products and create a personalized bundle. This is a great way to cater to your customers' specific needs and preferences.

How can I effectively market the summer catalog to my customers?

There are several ways to effectively market the summer catalog to your customers. You can host a special summer-themed cooking party, create social media posts featuring summer recipes and products, and offer exclusive discounts or promotions for summer catalog orders. It is also helpful to highlight the new products and their uses in your marketing efforts.

What are some tips for successfully selling products from the summer catalog?

One tip for successfully selling products from the summer catalog is to showcase how they can enhance summer activities and events, such as BBQs, picnics, and pool parties. You can also offer product demonstrations and share personal experiences and recommendations with your customers. Additionally, highlighting the versatility and convenience of the products can help persuade customers to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mama2emma
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Jenn822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebbieJ