• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Checking MSG & Nutrition Info for BBQ Rubs

In summary, MSG is a common flavor enhancer used in processed foods, but some people may have negative reactions to it. It is important to check for MSG in BBQ rubs to avoid potential allergens or additives. The best way to determine if a BBQ rub contains MSG is to read the ingredient label. When checking the nutrition information for BBQ rubs, pay attention to serving size, sodium, sugar, and other additives. There are alternative ingredients you can use in place of BBQ rubs with high amounts of sodium or MSG, such as making your own rub or using a lower sodium BBQ sauce. To choose a healthy and flavorful BBQ rub, look for products with simple and natural ingredients, avoid high amounts of sodium and added sugars, and
Jenni
Where do I find out if we have MSG in our spices? Also the nutritional info? Like calories and stuff... especially the BBQ rub.

Ohhh and... sodium really want to know that!!!

There is not MSG in Pantry items. Have you checked the product use and care on Consultant Corner for sodium content?

JAE said:
There is not MSG in Pantry items. Have you checked the product use and care on Consultant Corner for sodium content?

Never thought to look there since... they don't come with a use and care card. Sure enough the info was there... Thanks :p
Not that I didn't already think it but the BBQ Has a lot of sodium 480 mg per Tbsp :rolleyes:

Yep - no MSG. I asked the test kitchens about it a long time ago and they confirmed. A lot of our spices have no sodium which makes them waaaaaay better than that Mrs. Dash yuck!

Related to Checking MSG & Nutrition Info for BBQ Rubs

What is MSG and why is it important to check for in BBQ rubs?

MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is a flavor enhancer commonly used in processed foods. While it is generally recognized as safe by the FDA, some people may experience negative reactions to it, such as headaches or nausea. It is important to check for MSG in BBQ rubs to ensure that it does not contain any potential allergens or additives that you may want to avoid.

How can I determine if a BBQ rub contains MSG?

The best way to determine if a BBQ rub contains MSG is to read the ingredient label. Look for words like "monosodium glutamate" or "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," which are common sources of MSG. You can also look for products that are labeled as "MSG-free" or "no added MSG."

What should I look for when checking the nutrition information for BBQ rubs?

When checking the nutrition information for BBQ rubs, it is important to pay attention to the serving size and the amount of sodium, sugar, and other additives. Some BBQ rubs may have high amounts of sodium or added sugars, which can affect the overall nutrition of your dish. It is also helpful to compare the nutrition information of different BBQ rubs to find the healthiest option.

Are there any alternative ingredients I can use in place of BBQ rubs with high amounts of sodium or MSG?

Yes, there are several alternative ingredients you can use in place of BBQ rubs with high amounts of sodium or MSG. Some options include making your own rub using herbs and spices, using a lower sodium BBQ sauce, or using a marinade or dry rub without added MSG. You can also try using other flavor enhancers like citrus juices, vinegar, or low-sodium soy sauce.

What are some tips for choosing a healthy and flavorful BBQ rub?

To choose a healthy and flavorful BBQ rub, look for products with simple and natural ingredients. Avoid BBQ rubs with high amounts of sodium, added sugars, or artificial flavors and preservatives. You can also look for BBQ rubs that are specifically labeled as "low-sodium" or "all-natural." Lastly, be sure to read reviews and try out different options to find a BBQ rub that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenik1007
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies