• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Challenges of Setting Up a Show: Seeking Advice

In summary, Jaye is having a show coming up on Friday and she says she won't be able to pre cook any of the ingredients. She set the show time at 7:00 PM, but she won't be home much before 6:45 to 7:00. She's been speaking to her voice mail, email, and Nancy's post cards. The last post card stated that I'd be at her house an hour before to set up. Jaye is new to this and is probably over emphasizing
ddcook
Hi,

I have a show coming up on Friday. It took awhile to set the date, but the time was firm. She really wanted it at 7:00 PM.

We've been having problems reaching each other by phone. I've gotten to know her voice mail voice quite well. :p In any case, she sent me an email today stating that she won't have time to pre cook any of the ingredients, as she won't be home much before 6:45 to 7:00. :eek: Then why did she set the show time at 7:00?!? Since I haven't physically spoken to her, I've relied on voice messages, email, and Nancy's post cards. The last, stating that I'd be at her house an hour before to set up. I'm still fairly new, and probably over emphasize on setting up; where things go, where I set up my station to check out, etc...

Should I just prepare the entire recipe, bring it with and have her reimburse me with cash or the items?

How much time do you allow yourself to prepare at the host's house to know when to show up? This may be a really good chance to have hand's on interaction with the guests. But of course I'm panicing right now, as I hate feeling rushed.

Any suggestions out there?

Well, I usually get there an hour or 45 minutes before hand to set up, talk to the host, get things ready if necessary. In this case, bring everything have the host reimburse you sounds like a good idea.

You never know, her boss may have asked to stay late or something and that's why she'll be rushing to get home. Things happen. Sounds like you are handling it well tho!

Good luck!! :)

Jaye

Whatever you wanted cooked before hand do yourself. Tell her you'll be taking care of all the ingredients and cooking and she can simply re-imburse you. Get the guests that actually arrive on time help you with putting product out (gets it in their hands) and try going with the flow. I've had the guests all arrive 30 minutes early and so I was not prepared and everyone just chipped in.

I have never asked the cook to precook anything (except occasionally, chicken - and not even that anymore). I feel that she has enough to get her house ready and make sure there are people there.

Until recently I had the host purchase the food, arrived 30-45 minutes before the show and prepped what I could before guests came. If the recipe called for a cooled brownie (for instance) I cooked that at home before I came and it was on me. I am not good at asking for money back.

In the case of being able to arrive only 15 minutes before the show I would choose a recipe with little prep time - like the pull-aparts. Or make the Tiramisu Brownie Squares - bake brownie at your house and finish it at the show.

Lately I have been perparing part of the recipe at home, purchasing the main ingredients myself, and then asking her to get things like meat (if needed), crackers for the dip, or vegetables - the add ons. I have found that I can purchase the items for less in bulk and have no worries about forgotten or misunderstood ingredients - tax deductable too.

As a new consultant I would avoid spending too much of your own money - PC GIVES them $15 in product to pay them back for the food - NO OTHER COMPANY DOES THAT!!!

Last edited:
I have had good luck buying everything in advance and prepping things at home. I am not always good at asking to be reimbursed, but I'm getting better. I arrive about 20 mins before to set up. Makes it easier for everyone.

I also use it as a challenge--if they have a $700 show, then they don't have to reimburse me. I had one host get to $700 for that very reason. :)

DebbieJ said:
I also use it as a challenge--if they have a $700 show, then they don't have to reimburse me. I had one host get to $700 for that very reason. :)

That is a great idea.

I purchase everything needed for the recipes and prepare as much as possible at home. I try to get at the hosts house about 30 minutes before the show to get everything set up. I was getting there about 45 min. before and found that I ended up sitting around for 15-20 minutes. I tell my guests on my HCC when we choose a recipe that they will owe me a set amount the night of the show to pay for the ingredients. They are just usually thankful that they don't have to worry about going to the store to get them.

Related to Challenges of Setting Up a Show: Seeking Advice

1. What are the common challenges when setting up a Pampered Chef show?

Some of the most common challenges when setting up a Pampered Chef show include finding a suitable location, getting enough guests to attend, and coordinating with the host to plan the menu and order supplies.

2. How can I overcome the challenge of finding a location for the show?

One way to overcome this challenge is to reach out to friends and family members who may be interested in hosting a show in their home. You can also utilize social media to find potential hosts or contact local community centers or churches to inquire about hosting opportunities.

3. What can I do to ensure I have enough guests at the show?

To ensure a successful turnout, it is important to work closely with the host to invite guests and follow up with them. You can also offer incentives for guests to attend, such as discounts or free products. Utilizing social media and creating a Facebook event can also help spread the word and attract more guests.

4. How can I effectively plan the menu and order supplies for the show?

The best way to plan the menu and order supplies is to communicate closely with the host. Ask for their preferences and any dietary restrictions their guests may have. You can also use Pampered Chef's online tools and resources to help plan the menu and make sure you have all the necessary supplies.

5. What is the best way to handle unexpected challenges during the show?

Unforeseen challenges can arise during a Pampered Chef show, such as a guest canceling last minute or equipment malfunctioning. The key is to stay calm and improvise. Have backup plans in place, such as extra demos or recipes, and be prepared to adapt to the situation as needed. Remember to always provide excellent customer service and make the best of any unexpected challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeighPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennifer golden
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jeanolynn
  • gtrchic05