• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating My Son's Acceptance into Honors Program!

In summary, Cathy shared the exciting news that her son has been accepted into the honors program at his middle school. He had to write an essay about being an excellent student and was one of only two students accepted per class. Cathy is proud of her son's hard work and dedication and is happy that he will be challenged in school. She also shared that the acceptance process involved an interview and recommendations from teachers and parents. Everyone congratulated Cathy and her son and discussed meeting for brownies to celebrate.
MissChef
Gold Member
With my recent sad thread about the passing of my cat, I thought I'd share the good news I received today! My son starts Middle School next year and I just got a letter from the school, saying that he's been accepted into the honors program!!! He had to write a paper about what it means to be an excellent student. He told me that he took his time and re-read it and thought about it and made sure that he made sense, because sometimes he gets ahead of himself and will forget some of his words. He loves to write and I think he amused them as much as he does us! He is a great writer! We are so dang proud! Only 2 kids per class were accepted and he made it! :thumbup:
I really wanted him to be in this because he's the type of kid that needs to be challenged or he will become negative to school. He actually likes to work hard and he's mature for his age. In fact, he gets annoyed with the kids in his class that are goofing off or causing problems, and when I told him that most kids that make it into those honors classes, are normally very smart and respectful and don't cause issues, he was like "sign me up!!" Most of the time your class clowns don't make it, even if they are really smart. At least that is the way it is out here, they base their acceptance on how the relate socially too! They have to be reccommended by their teacher, the parents and the child need to sign for it and the kids need to write that essay and talk with the middle school counselor, kind of like an interview!
I thought he'd make it but it sure feels good to see it writing! When I met the counselor on a recent parent night at the middle school, she looked at Ryan (DS) and said, " Hi there, Ryan! I remember you, who couldn't remember a kid with such a great personality!!" Then she told me I had a lot to be proud of that Ryan was a special kid! I thanked her and reassured her that I knew he was wonderful! His 6th grade teacher loved him and made him promise her that he'd keep in touch!:)
Anywho, I am so dang proud, I'm busting at the seams!!!! :D I just wanted to share.... thanks for sharing in my joy and for reading this!:D

WOW, how exciting
I think that calls for a pan of brownies

That is WONDERFUL news Cathy!! You should be very proud! Behind every good kid is an AMAZING mother! Congrats to both of you!!!!!

Congratulations to you, I second that notion for brownies!

Thanks!

Mmmmmm....... brownies! I think I am going to do that! Great idea, Teresa!

Hi Cathy - that is so exciting! I'm proud that you're proud! Make sure you tell him that you're proud, too! (I'm sure that you already have, btw!)

Congratulations to Ryan & mom!!

Congrats! What wonderful news after the weekend you've had!

Congratulations! That is awesome and you should be so pround and beaming :)

That's great Cathy! Gotta love those proud mom moments:)

Let's all meet at Teresa's for brownies....yum...now I need chocolate, thanks!

MissChef said:
With my recent sad thread about the passing of my cat, I thought I'd share the good news I received today! My son starts Middle School next year and I just got a letter from the school, saying that he's been accepted into the honors program!!! He had to write a paper about what it means to be an excellent student. He told me that he took his time and re-read it and thought about it and made sure that he made sense, because sometimes he gets ahead of himself and will forget some of his words. He loves to write and I think he amused them as much as he does us! He is a great writer! We are so dang proud! Only 2 kids per class were accepted and he made it! :thumbup:
I really wanted him to be in this because he's the type of kid that needs to be challenged or he will become negative to school. He actually likes to work hard and he's mature for his age. In fact, he gets annoyed with the kids in his class that are goofing off or causing problems, and when I told him that most kids that make it into those honors classes, are normally very smart and respectful and don't cause issues, he was like "sign me up!!" Most of the time your class clowns don't make it, even if they are really smart. At least that is the way it is out here, they base their acceptance on how the relate socially too! They have to be reccommended by their teacher, the parents and the child need to sign for it and the kids need to write that essay and talk with the middle school counselor, kind of like an interview!
I thought he'd make it but it sure feels good to see it writing! When I met the counselor on a recent parent night at the middle school, she looked at Ryan (DS) and said, " Hi there, Ryan! I remember you, who couldn't remember a kid with such a great personality!!" Then she told me I had a lot to be proud of that Ryan was a special kid! I thanked her and reassured her that I knew he was wonderful! His 6th grade teacher loved him and made him promise her that he'd keep in touch!:)
Anywho, I am so dang proud, I'm busting at the seams!!!! :D I just wanted to share.... thanks for sharing in my joy and for reading this!:D

I am soooo happy for you and your son! What a wonderful thing for him to be proud of! And you, too! I'm busting at the seams with you!!! :) Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I was an exception to that rule, and lost out on Saluditorian by one point! ;)

Tell him CONGRATS from all your Cheffer friends! Make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies with an extra heaping of vanilla ice cream! YUMMY!!!

Congratulations. You have good reason to be proud.

Cathy~

What a great guy you have there! I would be busting at the seams proud, too!! Tell him we all said "Way to go!"

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

Those dang kids. Just when we think they are a real PIA they go and do something to make us realize they are the joy of our lives! Congratulations.

1. How can I make the celebration extra special for my son's acceptance into the Honors Program?

You can make the celebration extra special by incorporating personalized elements such as a custom cake or decorations with your son's name and the Honors Program logo. You can also invite his closest friends and family to join in the celebration.

2. What type of food should I serve at the celebration?

You can serve a variety of finger foods and appetizers to keep the atmosphere casual and allow for mingling. You can also incorporate some of your son's favorite dishes or desserts to make it more personal.

3. Should I send out invitations for the celebration?

It's always a nice touch to send out invitations for a special event like this. You can either create your own or use pre-made invitations that can be customized with your son's name and the details of the celebration.

4. Can I involve my son in the planning process?

Absolutely! Involving your son in the planning process can make the celebration even more meaningful for him. You can ask for his input on the food, decorations, and guest list.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with the celebration?

Yes, there are many Pampered Chef products that can make the celebration easier and more enjoyable. Our cake decorating tools, serving platters, and party essentials like our Chillzanne® Rectangle Server are perfect for any celebration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
AJPratt