• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker as a Hamburger Press?

In summary, the conversation covers various methods for making hamburgers, including using a food chopper lid to press the meat and using a separate press for ice cream sandwiches. There is also discussion about cleaning and sanitizing the press, and one member shares their experience using a slider burger press.
susanr613
Gold Member
:)Inquiring minds want to know .... thanks!

I don't know but that's a good idea if you can. I never make ice cream sandwiched but I make hamburgers all the time.

And this questions comes right after I gave my NIB once away as a gift!

I haven't tried, but you should be able to. However, at some point HO said not to, but I think that statement was made assuming people would use it for a hamburger press AND for other food. If I did use it for a burger press, I would get a separate one for ice cream.

I use the "lid" of my food chopper for hamburgers!

I line it with saran wrap, scoop in the meat with my large scoop (one or two scoops, depending on how thick I want them) and then "press" it with the extra saran wrap. Then, I use the saran to pull them out easily!

Ooo - good one Kelly! I'd still wash the lid, but really won't be messy at all!

Yeah...I do wash the lid, just in case any nasty burger juice gets through!!

I would think the ice cream maker would be the same thing...just BE SURE to clean it in hot soapy water so you aren't transferring bacteria!

I would probably take it apart and use bleach, but that's just me. I don't have one, so I don't know how easy it is to take apart.

KellyTheChef said:
I use the "lid" of my food chopper for hamburgers!

I line it with saran wrap, scoop in the meat with my large scoop (one or two scoops, depending on how thick I want them) and then "press" it with the extra saran wrap. Then, I use the saran to pull them out easily!

For years when working in kitchens of restaurants, we would use the lids from the gallon sized Mayo & they sell boxes of wax paper squares. make a ball on 1 sheet, add another sheet & press. They would make stacks of them since we would sell hundreds of them....;)

I love the idea of using the lid to the food chopper. We are having hamburgers tommorrow and I will definately try that out. Thanks for the idea Kelly!

Measure all cup too for kiddy sizes? Never tried.

Susan, you might try doing a search on this. I think it has been discussed in the past...ha, what topic HASN'T been discussed here :D I believe that it was decided that due to the "raw meat factor", it would be best to have a separate one for each use.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I would probably take it apart and use bleach, but that's just me.

I don't have one, so I don't know how easy it is to take apart.

It's incredibly easy to take apart. I love mine. I use it all the time.

I just bought a slider burger press today at Linens and Things

thanks so much for the info and advice - i will pass it along to the person who asked me!

I love the chopper lid too! Great idea!

Related to Can You Use the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker as a Hamburger Press?

1. Can the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker be used to make perfectly shaped hamburgers?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can be used as a hamburger press to create perfectly shaped hamburgers. Its square shape and adjustable thickness make it the perfect tool for shaping and flattening hamburger patties.

2. Will the hamburgers stick to the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

No, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is designed with a non-stick surface that prevents food from sticking. This makes it easy to remove the hamburger patties without any mess or frustration.

3. How do I clean the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker after using it as a hamburger press?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

4. Can I use the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker to make veggie burgers?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can be used to make both meat and veggie burgers. Its adjustable thickness allows you to create the perfect size and shape for any type of burger.

5. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker durable enough to withstand frequent use as a hamburger press?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is made with high-quality materials that are designed to withstand frequent use. As long as it is properly cared for and cleaned after each use, it will last for many delicious hamburgers to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefRiGuy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • otisbg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mspibb