• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Batter in These? Answers Appreciated!

In summary, the conversation is about using bread tubes to make different shaped breads. One person asks if they can use batter instead of dough, but others suggest using parchment paper or foil to create a seal. Another person shares tips and recipes for using the bread tubes, including using Pillsbury French Bread Dough and coating the inside with oil. It is important to bake the bread upright and to use the parchment/foil when using batter to prevent leaking.
chefsteph07
Can you use batter in these or is it dough only? I have a customer who wants 3 of them if you can use batter. Thanks to anyone who knows!

I haven't actually tried that, but my guess is it wouldn't work...it's not a tight seal and there's a tiny hole in the lids to let out the steam.

Dough only.

Thanks, I kinda thought that..too bad, I don't know if she wants them now, oh well!
Thanks for the info!

I have a friend who makes bananna bread in them. What she does is takes wax paper and folds it twice to make a square that is just a little larger than the opening. She then places it on the bottom of the tube and then puts the bottom cap on, making kind of a seal. She has done this for years, she will make several of the shapes at the same time, they look real cute when they are all sliced and layed out on a platter.

You can use foil to fold and make the square too. I press the foil tight on the sides and place the cap on the foil. The lid with the hole goes on top. When using batter, fill about 2/3 full and always bake upright. Bananna bread and zucchini bread are really cute when baked in the bread tubes. HTH

Wow, I had no idea, thanks for all the tips! I think I might try some neat breads like this in the star shape for the holiday get-together!

I use them often for quick breads. You just need to make sure the batter is thick, you coat each nook and cranny with oil or non-stick spray, and you use the parchment paper.

Thank you for this thread! I bought one of the tubes on the outlet a couple of months ago, and I frequently look at it and wonder "HOW do I use this thing?"

I think in the files section there is a list of recipes for the bread tubes...

The easiest recipe is to put a tube of the Pillsbury French Bread Dough in it. As has been stated they need to be baked standing up not laying on the shape side and be sure to "oil" the inside well.

You don't need the parchment/foil under the bottom cap when using the PFB dough - it is only necessary to do that with quick breads/batter. If you don't line the cap as described by others here when you use batter, your batter will all leak out!:eek:

1. Can I use pancake batter in the Pampered Chef batter dispenser?

Yes, you can use pancake batter in the Pampered Chef batter dispenser. The dispenser is designed to handle a variety of batters and is great for making consistent and mess-free pancakes.

2. Can I use cake batter in the Pampered Chef batter bowl?

Yes, you can use cake batter in the Pampered Chef batter bowl. The batter bowl is versatile and can be used for mixing, pouring, and storing all types of batters.

3. Can I use the batter bowl to make muffins?

Yes, you can use the batter bowl to make muffins. The batter bowl is perfect for mixing and pouring muffin batter, and the lid can be used to store any leftover batter.

4. Can I use the Pampered Chef batter mixer for thick batters?

Yes, the Pampered Chef batter mixer is designed to handle thick batters. The dual blades and ergonomic handle make it easy to mix even the thickest of batters.

5. Can I use the batter dispenser for other liquids besides batter?

Yes, you can use the batter dispenser for other liquids besides batter. It can also be used for sauces, dressings, and even melted chocolate. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to prevent any cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HARRIS
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy