• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Receive Unemployment and Be a Consultant?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of unemployment benefits and working as a consultant while receiving benefits. There is confusion about the rules and regulations, and some individuals share their experiences with the process. It is important to accurately report income from any sources while receiving unemployment benefits to avoid penalties.
doughmama
Silver Member
Heard there was a thread on this somewhere but can't find it. I have a person who wants to sign on, but her unemployment benefits just got extended. I was told that she can get the unemployment and still be a consultant if she only makes a certain amount. Anyone know the rules? Is it different by state? thanks.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page (below the reply box) you will see other threads on this topic. No advice. Sorry.

thanks for the help! I'll read it all to see if it answers my questions.:)

I am currently on unemployment. Yes you can get unemployment. I can make 107 a week and not get any money taken out of my check. If I go over, they just reduce the check to make up for it. She should have a notice telling her what she can make. If not tell her to call the unemployment office.

Exactly - I too am on UI and you can. I signed up for UI and then made a call to make sure about such a provision. There was a form I had to fill out and send in to make sure they had the Pampered Chef's info. When I file, I have to make sure that when I get commission, I mark the YES on the did you work question. It then asks me how much I made and which employer. On-line PC is already listed and I just mark that one. Now, if I make $50 I mark $50 but they usually only take part of that out of my benefit payment. It is like getting a bonus. Make very sure though that you do claim it on your UI. I was told my a friend that they will check it. He got caught once not declaring income from his PartyLite Job and they cut off his UI for a time.

send me a private message and I can call you...have been doing this for 5 years...

pampered1224 said:
Make very sure though that you do claim it on your UI. I was told my a friend that they will check it. He got caught once not declaring income from his PartyLite Job and they cut off his UI for a time.

This happened to my exhusband. He was getting UI and ALM/CS was coming out of it. He got a temp job for a couple days and failed to report it. He now owes 7 grand back to the state.

Related to Can You Receive Unemployment and Be a Consultant?

1. Can I still receive unemployment benefits while working as a consultant for Pampered Chef?

It depends on your specific situation. If you are receiving unemployment benefits due to being laid off or furloughed from a previous job, you may still be eligible to receive benefits while working as a consultant. However, if you are receiving benefits due to being unable to find work, your earnings from being a consultant may affect your eligibility.

2. Do I need to report my earnings from Pampered Chef to the unemployment office?

Yes, you are required to report all of your earnings, including those from working as a consultant for Pampered Chef, to the unemployment office. Failure to accurately report your earnings could result in penalties or the loss of your benefits.

3. Will my earnings from Pampered Chef reduce my unemployment benefits?

Yes, your earnings from Pampered Chef may reduce the amount of unemployment benefits you receive. Each state has its own rules and regulations for how much you can earn before your benefits are affected. It's important to report your earnings accurately to avoid any issues with your benefits.

4. Can I still receive benefits if I am a full-time consultant for Pampered Chef?

Again, it depends on your specific situation. If you are considered self-employed and are earning a significant income as a consultant for Pampered Chef, you may not be eligible for unemployment benefits. It's best to consult with your state's unemployment office for more information.

5. What happens if I am offered a job while working as a consultant for Pampered Chef?

If you are offered a job while working as a consultant for Pampered Chef, you may no longer be eligible for unemployment benefits. It's important to report any job offers or changes in your employment status to the unemployment office to avoid any issues with your benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • nancycookspc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies