• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you pray for my parenting agreement to change?

In summary, Crystal sent her ex-husband a request to change their parenting agreement, but he refused. He was already mad at her when he received the email, and he told her that he would not be agreeing to any of the changes she requested. They are still fighting about soccer. However, they were able to come to an agreement over the phone, and Crystal was able to pray for guidance.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
With all of the medical issues & family trouble that some of you are facing, I feel like I shouldn't even be asking for this. But, I'm going to anyway b/c I need prayer!

I just sent my ex-husband a request to change our parenting agreement. Right now, Emily is at our house about 60% & his about 40%. The changes that I'm requesting would have her at our house about 75%. He's already told me (within 5 minutes of sending the e-mail) that he will NOT be agreeing to any of the changes I've requested. He's an arrogant cuss & this is going to be a long fight.

Please keep me in your prayers to have the strength to stand up for what we want & do what's in the best interest for Emily. She has told us time & again that when she is at her dad's, he doesn't spend any time with her at all. We've seen him out on many times where he's supposed to have her & she's not with him.

Thanks.

Hugs, Cyrstal. I have been in your position. It's a shame your ex is using your DD as a pawn to get back at you.

Don't give up...my prayers are with you.

You are in my prayers we are/have gone thru this with my DD she is still checking the mailbox for her Christmas gift from her mom. Why some parents can't see how sweet and innocent kids are I'll never know.

I will keep you in my prayers!!:angel:

Well, it seems as though his reaction to my request was a knee-jerk. Big surprise coming from him. Once he actually talked to me about it, he realized that what I was asking for was actually better for all of us.

Now, our only stumbling block is soccer. They want her to play. We don't. Last year she played, her fav part was sitting on the sidelines for 8 Sundays in a row. She says that she does want to play when she's with him & with us she says she doesn't.

Crazy!

Well just read this and so glad he came around without a battle!I hope soccer clears up just as well.

Just catching up. Glad the biggest of the issues was settled. Hope the soccer question goes just as smoothly. You'll be in my prayers.

Crystal, don't ever think that you cannot come to us for prayer just because you feel someone else may have a bigger issue than you. God is no respector of people, so my family issues for example should never make you feel like you can't ask for our prayer and encouragment. In fact- when I see others needing prayer it takes my mind away from my situation and allows me to be there for someone else in prayer.

I will certainly be keeping you, Emily and your practice hubby (aka- Ex-Hubby) in my prayers. I know the soccer issue will be worked out as well. I pray that Emily can find the words to express to you what is causing the soccer issues and know that you can come to us at any time with any request big or small!

That's what us cyber-friends are for :)

Update - Soccer is off the table! YAY!

Her dad & I talked on the phone & got our agreements made over the phone. We also talked about soccer & came to an agreement that she wouldn't play this year. This is such a good feeling. I had been in prayer about this for quite some time & with you guys covering me too, I had great peace. I know that this is an answered prayer from God.

Thanks everyone!!!

Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

That is so cool! Thanks for the update Crystal!

So glad you all acted like adults and worked things out for the benefit of DD!

Sorry I am late in replying to this thread, Crystal - you know you are always on my heart and in my prayers with your family situation. I was away all weekend and just found this thread today. I am so glad it all worked out. I know you are sighing a HUGE sigh of relief now!
((((((((((((Crystal)))))))))))))

Glad to hear the good news. I know that issues are never-ending in most family situations, so you'll continue to be in my prayers.

Related to Can you pray for my parenting agreement to change?

What is "Prayer Request for Us, Too"?

"Prayer Request for Us, Too" is a program initiated by Pampered Chef to provide support and prayer for our consultants and their families during difficult times.

Who can submit a prayer request through this program?

Any Pampered Chef consultant or their immediate family member can submit a prayer request through this program.

How do I submit a prayer request?

You can submit a prayer request by filling out the form on our website or by contacting our customer service team. You will need to provide some basic information about the person in need of prayer and the reason for the request.

Will my prayer request be kept confidential?

Yes, all prayer requests submitted through this program will be kept confidential and only shared with our dedicated team of prayer warriors who will lift up your request in prayer.

Can I request prayer for someone else?

Yes, if you know of a Pampered Chef consultant or their immediate family member who is in need of prayer, you can submit a request on their behalf with their permission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Lisa/ChefBear