• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Grill a Pizza on a Stone?

You can use a stone on indirect heat sources (like a grill) if the coals are only around the outside of the grill.
its_me_susan
I've had lots of customers ask me and I don't know the answer... anyone know if you can grill a pizza on a stone?

No, they aren't to be used with direct heat. So, no grilling or broiling with them.

You can NOT use a stone over any direct heat source...no grills, no broiler, no stovetop burner.

well, actually I have been told (by one of my execs, I believe) that you can use stoneware on a BBQ as long as it charcoal, and the coals are only around the outside of the grill and not under the stone. So. I would say unless they have one heck of a grill there is no way that they can ever do that with a round stone

just tell them oil the dough and put it directly on the grill grates,grilled pizza! yum! this is one of my summer menu choices.

Yeah, I make pizza directly on the grill also. It's pretty awesome! I find it easier to flip and all if I make smaller pizzas so then you can make like a pizza bar! OOOH I think that might be a KILLER show!

ShanaSmith said:
well, actually I have been told (by one of my execs, I believe) that you can use stoneware on a BBQ as long as it charcoal, and the coals are only around the outside of the grill and not under the stone. So. I would say unless they have one heck of a grill there is no way that they can ever do that with a round stone

That would be "indirect cooking"... I can do this with my charcoal grill quite easily, but I have never used my stone... actually have never thought about it. But if done properly, I'm sure it could be done.

But, it is much easier just to cook the pizza directly on the grill anyway. Clean the grill well, then brush a bit of oil on the bottom of the crust (pre-baked crust works best - like Boboli) and make pizza! So easy and SO good!

Look in one of our cookbooks, I think it's the Stoneware Inspirations It has a section dedicated to this subject!

There's a grilled pizza recipe in Casual Cooking.

The Grilled Italian Pizza in Casual Cooking is awesome! You use a Bobli (sp?) crust and do it right on the grill.......I would think you could do any variation of this for whatever kind of pizza you would like.......

Okay, maybe it's Casual Cookings then! I don't know, I know it's one of them!:eek: :D

Every summer I offer the grilled Itialian pizza it is soooo awesome. I always tell people it is a sauceless pizza. For some people it is just too different to even think about. It is one of my faves and I also make it all year round in my grill pan with either flour tortillias or dough.

Last summer I tried dough for pizza straight on the grill. It was AWESOME! tasted like a really expensive brick oven pizza. Yes you have to grease up the dough with EVOO (or whatever you like) Ohhhh the new garlic infused oil would be awesome I bet!! Also do keep them small, much easier to handle and I have also thought of offering this as a pizza bar show.

Ok I'm really hungry now!!!

PS My family likes the whole wheat dough for these and it is a little bit healthier.

Casual cooking pg13

this is a great cookbook for grilling enthusiasts! I love it for summer!

I sould some stones to a boy scout leader because he had some cookies that were grilled on a stone during some type of jamboree. He said all of the kids were raving on and on about that being the best part of the weekend.

I love grilled pizza too...I just hate working with the dough. Too messy for me, especially for a show. I want to keep the recipes easy to do and well, dough to me is not easy.
I have been using the whole pita breads as crusts. Kangaroo makes several different ones including the non-pocketed ones that are not cut in half.
How do the Bobli turn out? I can't remember where I heard this but compared to getting 10 pita breads for about $5, the Bobli's are expensive as they are about $3 for two.
I would love to hear more about how you all do grilled pizza shows. I need some new ideas!

What this thread is about - I have a co-worker who constantly uses his deep dish baker on his grill. And definately YES - on the OFF side! By doing this you create an outdoor oven. So I would say yes but like everyone else said - not over direct heat.

Related to Can You Grill a Pizza on a Stone?

1. Can a pizza stone be used on the grill?

Yes, a pizza stone can be used on the grill. In fact, it is a great way to achieve a crispy and evenly cooked crust on your pizza.

2. Do I need to preheat the pizza stone before placing it on the grill?

Yes, it is important to preheat the pizza stone before placing it on the grill. This will help ensure that the stone is hot enough to cook the pizza properly and prevent the dough from sticking.

3. How long should I preheat the pizza stone on the grill?

It is recommended to preheat the pizza stone for at least 30 minutes on the grill. This will allow the stone to reach the desired temperature for cooking the pizza.

4. Can I use a regular pizza stone or do I need a specific one for grilling?

You can use a regular pizza stone for grilling, but it is recommended to use a stone specifically designed for grilling. These stones are made with materials that can withstand high temperatures and are often thicker than regular pizza stones.

5. How do I clean a pizza stone after grilling a pizza?

It is important to let the pizza stone cool completely before cleaning it. Once cooled, simply use a damp cloth to wipe off any residue or food particles. Do not use soap or other cleaning products, as they can be absorbed into the stone and affect the flavor of your next pizza.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cynthia Shugart
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Cynthia Shugart
  • ChefDi