• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Buy Pampered Chef Products on Ebay?

In summary, Jaime is still learning, but she thought that we could not advertise on eBay because the seller is a new consultant. Richard contacted the solution center and they said that we cannot. Jaime copied the ad from the previous conversation and sent it to Richard.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
I am stilllearning but I tought we could not do this?
on ebay a person is selling a fall catty and order form. She says she is new and trying to build her business. I can not figure out how to attach the location. But if anyone knows about it it is under ebay item#270180213691 by transamfan23. DId not know who cares about stuff like that?

Jaime,

You are absolutely right. We cannot. I contacted the solution center with the information for you. Normally if I saw something, I would send a friendly reminder to the consultant. I didn't because she is down right stupid!!! Ebay is directly named as a source we cannot advertise on. She is promoting herself not really selling anything. If someone else wants to let her know, go for it. Stupid people irritate me.

I totally agree Jaime i don't think that is right either... I think something should be done about that as well... I wonder who we could contact about this.

Richard somebody or other but it looks like Julie already contacted them

You are right. We cannot do that. However, if she is new maybe she hasn't read all the rules yet. I tried to be nice one time by saving someone from getting in trouble but it exploded in my face. So now I just send it to HO and let them handle it.

Okay, I don't normally post just read ALOT! I was curious and checked out this listing on ebay and ran into another. I don't have email access at work so I was wondering if someone wanted to forward this onto Richard also. I think it's absurd and totally out of line. Luckily no one has bid on it but it only has 5 hours left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-chef-catalog_W0QQitemZ230183264383QQihZ013QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just sent a note to Richard about that one for you.

"this item you are bidding on is a Pampered chef catalog --- Do you want to get free items??? Do you want to have a catalog show? If you buy a catalog and are the highest bidder I will do you a favor and ask you to take the catalog look through it, make a wish list and I will work on helping you get what ever you want for free. If you pick something in my price range that I could afford to purchase for you, all you do is get your best friends together for a catalog show. Get those sales and I will buy you which ever item I can afford from your price list. EVERYONE WINS!!! I am also going to give a percentage of what ever I get on commission to help fight cancer!!!"

I just HAD to copy her ad here.....I cracked up at the parts I've highlighted. Everyone that bids should be so appreciative that she is "doing them a favor". I still wish that the HO would take a tougher stand on this type of blatant disregard for the contract they signed. People that post things like this on ebay do it purposefully and should face stricter penalties.

chefann said:
I just sent a note to Richard about that one for you.

Thank you! It just irks me so bad when I have a host who rubs in my face that she bought this product and that product on ebay (including a Pampered Chef consultant apron). One of the things that she told me was she just bought the 7 peice set for her daughter on ebay for $225 (this was in September). She was telling me that now her daughter has better cookware than she does but she saved over $100. I was able to tell her that I could save her even more if she had a show with me. She was shocked at what price she could get the speical for by HAVING A SHOW!

I had to read her auction a couple of times Lisa.....I thought it was hilarious! Who would actually take this person seriously?

Do these ebayers really thik they won't get caught? I'm sorry, if you sign your name to a contract you cannot use the excuse that you didn't know the rules.

Just sent Richard an email regarding a man on ebay who has several items listed and an ebay store! I couldnt believe the audacity. (sp?)

This one admits up front that she's a new consultant:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270180213691&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=230183264383&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

lkprescott said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270180213691&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=230183264383&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

With her auction, not only do you have to pay at least $1 for the catalog, but $4.50 to have it mailed to you as well!!! I'm just glad that no one was dumb enough to bid on it and that she had to pay to have the listing as well.

This is what makes it harder for use to get things also. People like this that take advantage. I want to build my contacts to but I am not risking my "job" for it. THey will come with time.

If HO made them pay a fine out of their commission, maybe they would think twice before doing this obvious disregard for the rules. She won't be around for long. Lisa had it right with her quote. Smart this ebay infractor is not!

lockhartkitchen said:
If HO made them pay a fine out of their commission, maybe they would think twice before doing this obvious disregard for the rules. She won't be around for long. Lisa had it right with her quote. Smart this ebay infractor is not!

omg.......no doubt........ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm just shocked at how much people pay for some of those things.... :eek:

oh the nerve! I just don't know why people seem to want something for nothing...it's a sign of the times I'm afraid.
Let us know if you hear anything from HO about it.

lockhartkitchen said:

If they did that, some people are sneaky enough that maybe she wouldn't submit sales and then the fine wouldn't happen.

I knew a former consutlant who went to Leadership with me one year and did conference club. She didn't submit anything in November or December and when she went to register, she had a balance due (that she wasn't expecting) and threw a HUGE fit and made a HUGE scene. I was standing right there with her and it was embarrasing. I tried to explain to her that she hadn't paid her full amount because she didn't submit sales but that didn't matter. HO being HO wrote off her balance. Ironically (and not to say it was because of her) that's when conference club changed and we had to be paid in full for it before registration opened or something like that... they changed the months.

With that, in lieu of a fine, a possible commission-rate reduction could work when the policy is violated... maybe the base being 15% or something...

There are a bunch of executive cookware sets up for auction right now on ebay.
I emailed some of the sellers, asking if they came with the PC lifetime gurantee.

Worst reply?
Pampered Chef handles the guarantee stuff.

- ferguselwood
em #280167701134

kspry said:
I emailed some of the sellers, asking if they came with the PC lifetime gurantee.

Worst reply?

Best just to report them to HO, if you contact them, you don't know the person and they may start to bash you...besides, what else can you do? You can't end their auction...

kspry said:

Worst reply?
I looked at this person's history. He/she sells A LOT of PC items! I really don't understand how they do it? Most of these are selling below the retail value.....how do they make a profit doing it that way? Especially the cookware? I just don't get it :confused:

I reported it as fraudulent to ebay, actually. I suppose I will be sorry later, but that reply IS fraudulent: the guarantee is worthless without a PC receipt, and I have the email from the seller.

There is another listing that states the executive cookware has a 1-year guarantee.

Sigh.

I really don't understand how they do it?

Me, either! And I want them to cut it out!

Should we tell them if it is sold on ebay the gurantee should be void. But if this is a dishonest consultant then I suppose she or he has gotten around that as well?

There are some consultants who sell on eBay who actually order the product in the customer's name and have it shipped straight from HO to the customer. So the purchase is in the customer's name. (I know this because I got something that way before I became a consultant.)

I totally agree with that as well that person should be baned from ebay and be dealt with by getting their pampered chef contract canceled and not be able to rejoin.
When i started Pc i was just looking around on ebay and saw many items on it. I asked my director the next night at the meeting if she was the items on ebay that were from the pc and she said that the person should not sell items there that in the contract it was strictly forbidden. Then i asked why then are there so many people doing it? Does the head office know?
her reply was that pampered chef frowns on it.
How ever the problem is there seems to be no one enforcing the policy. I think pc should confiscated the products claiming if the person is a member of the pc then they have the rights to clam their products back and penalize them for doing it.it should be concerned as contraband
l monninger

lkprescott said:

Auction ended early! Way to go ladies!! :thumbup:

It's amazing how much PC stuff you can find on ebay! I think some of it has to be the extra sets of products directors and above get for free. Check out how much brand new stuff will be on there right after March 1.
Anytime I hear that someone bought PC items off of ebay, I let them know that their items won't come with a guarantee or a warranty. Most of the time the prices are the same. If they bought cookware, it's probably from when it was on sale. People always try to find a way to scr** the system.

Ya know, there are those that simply aren't aware of the policy because they chose not to read through all of the fine print. Yes, they are still at fault. However, a little grace granted to them might just be the break they need. I've always tried to email them and just ask if they were aware that this was against PC policy. So far, all of them were very appreciative that I contacted them and admitted that they hadn't taken the time to read all of the "rules".
On the other hand, there are some consultants that earn things for free or perhaps find them at a surplus store in their area (like I've found some before) and then have a friend list them to sell for them. I'VE NEVER AND WILL NEVER DO THIS. To me, it's still against the rules, even though you aren't directly breaking the rules. I kinda figure that they will "get theirs" in due time. Just my two cents worth.

I have been on ebay a lot looking for people that sell there. I send an email with at least 5 people selling. I usually just email it to career-solutions. I will have to make a note of Richard's email. I have sent it at least 30 or so names by now. I usually don't send in names with 1 or 2 items since it could be someone who bought them and didn't want them or people who state they are out of the business but if they have like 10 or more items all new I will email PC about it. I have already seen s/s 2008 items on there. Now that is crazy.

Can't resistI usually don't add the fire on these ones...but I can't resist!

Ok, I have seen many items on Ebay over the past 5 years...but was shocked at one I found this year. I didn't even have my Director's Christmas gift yet when I was told about one for sale on Ebay!!! I of course, could not NOT look! So I knew what I was getting before I got it :cry: (and this never happens, as it is hush hush). I couldn't believe that someone would sell their Christmas Gift on Ebay even before the holiday!! The saddest thing is that I know it was an upper level Director who definately knew better!! :grumpy: And she didn't even try to hide her identity, her ebay name has her first name in it which is not a common name and she lives in Alaska...hmmmmm... things that make you go hmmmmm....

fruit76loop said:
I usually don't add the fire on these ones...but I can't resist!

Ok, I have seen many items on Ebay over the past 5 years...but was shocked at one I found this year. I didn't even have my Director's Christmas gift yet when I was told about one for sale on Ebay!!! I of course, could not NOT look! So I knew what I was getting before I got it :cry: (and this never happens, as it is hush hush). I couldn't believe that someone would sell their Christmas Gift on Ebay even before the holiday!! The saddest thing is that I know it was an upper level Director who definately knew better!! :grumpy: And she didn't even try to hide her identity, her ebay name has her first name in it which is not a common name and she lives in Alaska...hmmmmm... things that make you go hmmmmm....

That's one of the things that drives me nuts - items that are special to a consultant that you can only earn if you are a consultant. I posted before about a host who bragged about getting cookware on Ebay at a really cheap price for her daughter and now her daughter had better cookware than she did. Well, it was around the time of the cookware special so I pointed out that by hosting a show, she could get it even cheaper and with the warranty. She booked a show and then while I was getting ready for her show, I got some of the cool whip on my shirt and she said "I should have let you use my PC apron. I got that on ebay too!". :grumpy:

wadesgirl said:
That's one of the things that drives me nuts - items that are special to a consultant that you can only earn if you are a consultant. I posted before about a host who bragged about getting cookware on Ebay at a really cheap price for her daughter and now her daughter had better cookware than she did. Well, it was around the time of the cookware special so I pointed out that by hosting a show, she could get it even cheaper and with the warranty. She booked a show and then while I was getting ready for her show, I got some of the cool whip on my shirt and she said "I should have let you use my PC apron. I got that on ebay too!". :grumpy:

I don't like it either that consultants sell special consultant only awards on Ebay........but until just a few years ago, the apron was in the catalog for customers to purchase - in both adult and child sizes.....so most probably wouldn't consider that so special....and it could have been a customer selling it too.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't like it either that consultants sell special consultant only awards on Ebay........but until just a few years ago, the apron was in the catalog for customers to purchase - in both adult and child sizes.....so most probably wouldn't consider that so special....and it could have been a customer selling it too.

...and also, if they were a kit napper in the past, they could care less about reading the policies. They should be "blacklisted" then...just another random thought...

Related to Can You Buy Pampered Chef Products on Ebay?

1. Can I buy Pampered Chef products on Ebay?

Yes, you can buy Pampered Chef products on Ebay. However, it is important to note that buying from unauthorized sources like Ebay may not guarantee the same quality and warranty as buying directly from Pampered Chef.

2. Is it allowed for Pampered Chef consultants to sell products on Ebay?

No, it is not allowed for Pampered Chef consultants to sell products on Ebay. This is because consultants are only authorized to sell products through Pampered Chef's official channels, such as their personal websites or in-home parties.

3. Why is this Ebay seller allowed to sell Pampered Chef products?

This Ebay seller may not be a Pampered Chef consultant and may be purchasing products from a consultant or other unauthorized source. It is important to be cautious when purchasing Pampered Chef products from sources other than the official channels.

4. Can I trust the quality of the Pampered Chef products being sold on Ebay?

There is no guarantee of the quality of Pampered Chef products being sold on Ebay. It is recommended to purchase products directly from Pampered Chef or a trusted consultant to ensure the best quality and warranty.

5. Can I report this Ebay seller for selling Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can report this Ebay seller to Pampered Chef for selling unauthorized products. This can be done through Pampered Chef's customer service line or by contacting a consultant directly. This helps protect the integrity and reputation of the Pampered Chef brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefjwr
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • emiscookin