• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Bring Back Nancy's Amazing Artwork Postcards for The Pampered Chef?

In summary, the conversation discusses a consultant's misssion to revive a former customer, the difficulties of this task, and the feasibility of a mass email campaign.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I just can't take it anymore. I need to have Nancy back in business. I just started using her postcards last year, right before HO told her she can't do it anymore. I just wrote an email to career solutions saying I would like her back. This is what I said:

I really miss Nancy's Artwork postcards. Is there anyway The Pampered Chef will be willing to work with her again? She had such great cards. Merrill cannot compare. Hers were sweet and personal. They really had a great feel. They were also very affordable.

Please reconsider!

Wendy Love
Consultant #410058

If we all send emails, maybe she will come back. I spend too much time recreating her postcards and hers are so much better.

I'm on board for a mass email!

By the way, I have some I'm trying to get rid of. If you PM me as a reminder, I'll let you know what I have when I get home tonight.

I miss Nancy too - but I doubt that Nancy would take PC back at this point!

I have been making my own cards on Vista Print to take the place of Nancy's - I refused to buy the ones from Merrill! I can get 100 personalized ones from Vista for a pretty good price! (free plus shipping - not bad!) So, every month or so, I get a different one.

I miss Nancy's too, but like Becky I make my own on Vista Print. I just make sure I get them when they are free (I pay shipping).

I also use VistaPrint. I wasn't ever thrilled with Nancy's. Too country for me. But did like the idea of the postcards.

What I liked about Nancy's is that it was done already. I didn't have to think, I just bought what I needed. I try to make this job as easy as possible. I think the postcards are simple. They look like I made them so people feel like I am spending time on their show, but not too fancy so any potential recruit can feel like they can send them too. I want to look professional but not too slick. Vista just looks too slick, like some big ad agency put them together.

I have made most of mine in Nancy's style, but she had better line drawings. Where did she get those anyway? I heard awhile back the directors at one time had access to line art, is this true? Anybody have any line art they want to share?

Nancy did all her line art herself. The line art that Directors used to have access to is now VERY out of date, and there are probably very few items that look the same any more. It was stopped several years ago.

cookingwithlove said:
What I liked about Nancy's is that it was done already. I didn't have to think, I just bought what I needed. I try to make this job as easy as possible. I think the postcards are simple. They look like I made them so people feel like I am spending time on their show, but not too fancy so any potential recruit can feel like they can send them too. I want to look professional but not too slick. Vista just looks too slick, like some big ad agency put them together.

I have made most of mine in Nancy's style, but she had better line drawings. Where did she get those anyway? I heard awhile back the directors at one time had access to line art, is this true? Anybody have any line art they want to share?
I'm with you on Nancy's postcards. It was so worth my time and money to just send out what was already done. I stocked up on quite a few before she went out. I know I can carry myself through SEVERAL more shows but there are some I didn't stock up on (like now I'm sending invites for my hosts and there are a couple postcards that I use now for that). I don't know if it's legal or what ever but I plan on scanning hers in and recreating them in my graphics program so they look the same. I figure as long as I'm not selling them and she's not selling them any more, I should be fine.

Nancy Palosi is a sweet lady who is also a savvy business woman: she was very concerned 2 years before she quit selling, that her PC support business was going slack. Not enough of us were purchasing her products. She is spiritual and prayed hard about it.

I don't know that she lost her license with PC as much as when God shuts a door he opens a window. She is still in business featuring an amazing piano primer that she used with her own family, and I think some other early childhood items. You can google her, or I think her site is Nancyweb.com

(I love the balloons and catalog bags she offered. I give 1 of those balloons to each host, along with a yellow and a red solid one explaining to make their home very visible from the street. I wish I could get those plastic no-tie-em balloon holders somewhere!)

I really liked her updated brown masthead PC cards - less "country" and still very professional. I agree the ones available to us now are terribly expensive and seem too slick. My two gripes with Merril are they are too expensive and their customer service stinks. (Several times I have tried to contact them asking about buying a yard sign with no response. Now I see them available again and don't want to buy it out of sheer frustration with them...they have the 'market' cornered on support materials for us, and they act like it.) From my perspective, Nancy never did that.

I have some nancys cards i listed in Marketplace to sell a few months ago - there are still some available:
bright yellow - check your calender (7)
brightblue - reminder to hand out invitations (12)
pink - easy way to increase show sales...website ((17)
bright blue This Just IN - your products is on sale (7)
bright pink - same as above (8)
pale yellow - we're so excited - new products - )20)

scottcooks said:
Nancy Palosi is a sweet lady who is also a savvy business woman: she was very concerned 2 years before she quit selling, that her PC support business was going slack. Not enough of us were purchasing her products. She is spiritual and prayed hard about it.

I thought her last name was Perucca? Anyway, Nancy is so sweet, that lady did not deserve to be treated like that. When I spoke to Nancy right after it happened (and thereafter), she said that she was completely shocked. She told me that she did not expect this to happen, although she had an inkling that Merrill was slowly taking over more of the business, she never in a million years thought that PC would sever all ties with her.

She recieved an impersonal letter via FedEx from the Pampered Chef home office, letting her know that her contract was NOT going to be renewed. No phone call, no personal note, just a standard letter.

Emailing NANCY is not going to bring her back. I asked her back then if she'd even come back if they had a change of heart, and she said "no".

She said that in the past few years while dealing with PC after Doris stepped back, that the atmosphere of the inner-workings of PC had changed enough that she was convinced it was a God-thing to move her out of there. There was some serious ugliness in the things that HO corporate staff said about the company/consultants when it came to the postcards. She gave me a specific example, but she wouldn't tell me the other things she had witnessed, just assured me that it wasn't pretty and it was shocking to hear folks talk at staff /vendor meetings. From what I know of Nancy, she wouldn't even say anything like that at all if it weren't 10x worse.

PS: I believe that Nancy's artwork is copyrighted. Scanning them may not be the right thing to do... I could definately be wrong on that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
scottcooks said:
Nancy Palosi

I think that Nancy is in the Senate...:)

(I love the balloons and catalog bags she offered. I give 1 of those balloons to each host, along with a yellow and a red solid one explaining to make their home very visible from the street. I wish I could get those plastic no-tie-em balloon holders somewhere!)

I work with United Way and they have those plaastic no-tie-em things in their supply catalog. They are great! Try going to the United Way website and see if you can order supplies from there.

Related to Can We Bring Back Nancy's Amazing Artwork Postcards for The Pampered Chef?

1. What are "Nancy's Postcards"?

"Nancy's Postcards" are a line of exclusive postcards created by the Pampered Chef founder, Nancy, to celebrate our company's 40th anniversary. Each postcard features a unique design and message, making them perfect for sending to friends and family or displaying in your home.

2. How many postcards come in a set?

Each set of "Nancy's Postcards" includes 10 postcards, each with a different design and message. This allows you to have a variety to choose from for different occasions or to share with others.

3. Are the postcards made from high-quality material?

Yes, "Nancy's Postcards" are printed on high-quality cardstock paper, making them durable and long-lasting. They are also coated with a glossy finish for a professional and polished look.

4. Can I customize the postcards with my own message?

No, these postcards come with pre-printed messages and designs. However, you can add a personal touch by including a handwritten note on the back of the postcard.

5. Are "Nancy's Postcards" only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, "Nancy's Postcards" are exclusively sold through Pampered Chef consultants. You can purchase them at a Pampered Chef party or directly through a consultant. They are not available for purchase in stores or online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • joeganuk
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg