• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Apple Wedger Be Sharpened?

In summary, an apple wedger is a kitchen tool used to cut apples into evenly sized wedges. It may need to be sharpened over time to maintain its efficiency and can be done at home or by a professional every 6-12 months. Sharpening an apple wedger is a simple process that can be done with basic tools and skills.
PamperedCrum
A customer wants to know if it's possible to sharpen the apple wedger, or if she simply needs to replace it. It's probably 10 years old and they use it ALL the time, so she's prepared to buy a new one if she needs to.

I told her that it now comes with a protective case, and she was excited because she feels like some of the reason it has dulled is because of the blade bumping into everything else in their drawer!

Sell her a new one---or give her one FREE when she hosts a show for you. :)

I had a guest with the same question. I don't know of any way to sharpen the wedger. She's probably right about the reason it's gotten dull. My lady is a regular, very good customer, so I gave her one I had on hand. She wound up ordering several at Christmas for gifts.

PamperedCrum said:
A customer wants to know if it's possible to sharpen the apple wedger, or if she simply needs to replace it. It's probably 10 years old and they use it ALL the time, so she's prepared to buy a new one if she needs to.

I told her that it now comes with a protective case, and she was excited because she feels like some of the reason it has dulled is because of the blade bumping into everything else in their drawer!

The new one has the protective cover because it is VERY sharp...(sliced my finger really bad..:( ) simply because the old one I have wasnt. So if she gets a new one please tell her to be aware of this so she doesnt hurt herself.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to me about your apple wedger. I can definitely understand why you would want to sharpen it instead of replacing it, especially since you use it all the time. Unfortunately, the apple wedger cannot be sharpened as it is made with durable stainless steel blades that are meant to last for a long time. However, as you mentioned, the newer version now comes with a protective case to help prevent the blades from getting dull from bumping into other utensils in your drawer. That being said, if you do decide to purchase a new one, I highly recommend investing in the protective case as well to ensure its longevity. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

Related to Can the Apple Wedger Be Sharpened?

What is an apple wedger?

An apple wedger is a kitchen tool used to cut apples into evenly sized wedges for easier consumption or cooking.

Why do I need to sharpen my apple wedger?

Over time, the blades of an apple wedger can become dull from repeated use. Sharpening the wedger ensures that it will continue to cut apples cleanly and efficiently.

How often should I sharpen my apple wedger?

The frequency of sharpening depends on how often you use your apple wedger. If you use it frequently, it is recommended to sharpen it every 6-12 months.

Can I sharpen my apple wedger at home?

Yes, you can sharpen your apple wedger at home using a sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener. However, it is recommended to seek professional sharpening services for a more precise and long-lasting result.

Is sharpening the apple wedger difficult?

Sharpening an apple wedger is a relatively simple process that only requires a few tools and basic skills. With proper techniques and tools, anyone can sharpen their apple wedger at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarah824
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • momnixon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • clshirk