• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Pampered Chef Meet the Demands of an Elite School's Kitchen?

Why would our forged cutlery, stainless steel scoops, large serving spatula and, ultimate mandoline not work well?I disagree. This lady works in the kitchen, if she felt that our items would not work she would not be looking into this.
jm2003
Silver Member
I just got a call from the director of food services at one of the brand new hunior and senoir high schools in my area. She is not pleased with the kitchen tools that are supplied for the schools and wants to order Pampered Chef!!! I am totally flippling out over this. The school department she runs is very elite in the $$$ area. The school has italian marble in the halls, very rich public school.
I am in desperate need for a nice letter to send to her with some catalogs. She is not interested in doing a show but would like to point out if order is more that our show minimum she WILL earn free product.
I need to mail out packet by monday so any and all help would be great!:D

I can't help with a flyer... but you're also going to want to be up front with her that the warranty is void on anything she buys since it's for a commercial use. :(

Also, find out if she is going to be ordering multiples of a single item. If so, you will need written consent from Home Office before you submit the order. And if it is for commercial use, they will not allow you to submit it as a show and standard shipping rates will apply.

Find out what you're getting into and get HO's approval first. It will save you a ton of headaches.

Wow - this could be huge for you!

possible huge order...All I know at this point in time is that she is the director of food services for the new junior and senior hgh school. Her staff as well as her are not pleased with the cooking supplies or quality of tools they have. She is not interested in "having " to do a show. She just wants to place an order for supplies she LOVES. She herself said money is not an object. I am anticipating a good size order for the schools as well as a bunch of personal orders from teachers.
Thanks to one and all for the pointers given so far. Please keep them coming my way.

finley1991 said:
Also, find out if she is going to be ordering multiples of a single item. If so, you will need written consent from Home Office before you submit the order. And if it is for commercial use, they will not allow you to submit it as a show and standard shipping rates will apply.

Find out what you're getting into and get HO's approval first. It will save you a ton of headaches.

You need written approval only if it is more than 50 of one item.
Robin

priscilla said:
You need written approval only if it is more than 50 of one item.
Robin

Not necessarily. I had a consultant who had 18 pizza cutters on a single show and her show was held up because of it. They called just to be sure it wasn't an order for commercial use or resale.

truthfully, I can't imagine any of our products that would be good in a school cafeteria.
everything needs to be made in such large quantities I can't see any of our tools holding up to that daily use. (Except our old "work horse" kitchen shears the new ones are a joke!!.

finley1991 said:
Not necessarily. I had a consultant who had 18 pizza cutters on a single show and her show was held up because of it. They called just to be sure it wasn't an order for commercial use or resale.

hmmm, interesting. The manuel states ine needs written permission only if it is 50 or more. The should re-write that.

Robin

Teresa Lynn said:
truthfully, I can't imagine any of our products that would be good in a school cafeteria.
everything needs to be made in such large quantities I can't see any of our tools holding up to that daily use. (Except our old "work horse" kitchen shears the new ones are a joke!!.

I disagree. This lady works in the kitchen, if she felt that our items would not work she would not be looking into this. Granted not all of our products would work as well but a lot will.

Why would our forged cutlery, stainless steel scoops, large serving spatula and, ultimate mandoline not work well?

Good Luck with the order!!!

I guess I think back to the days I subbed and would take the children thru the serving lines. Their products were heavy duty & LARGE
I've been baking alot of cookies for the football team this fall and I've given up on our SS scoops (had 4 fairly new ones I threw away ).I bought one at a kitchen supply store (I am making homemade too not frozen fundraiser kind), the little levers in mine kept popping out of place.

I can't get the ultimate mandoline to work well at home for a recipe for the 4 of us I can't imagine the frustration of trying to use it to prepare food for large quantities.
the serving spatulas would work,
I guess I'm just thinking in general our scrapers etc aren't big enough to mix the quantity of foods they have to prepare at once.
& the temp they have to use to clean and sanitize would probably warp our cutting boards etc.

Teresa Lynn said:

With all due respect I use our products all the time in my kitchen at work!! We are a very busy restaurant. Just some of the items I use are our knives, sissors, scrapers,scoops,whisks,spreaders,large serving spatula, kitchen brush, funnels, easy opener, jar opener, cutting boards, corer, peeler, flour sharker, timer and pocket thermometers. My employees love it when I bring new PC items into the store, though I haven't in a while cause everything has held up so well. We replace our cutting boards when needed and I replace them no more then when we got them from a restaurant supplier.:)

Sorry for the confusion. She does not run the school cafeteria. She runs the home ec area. She teacher cooking to the students.

jm2003 said:
Sorry for the confusion. She does not run the school cafeteria. She runs the home ec area. She teacher cooking to the students.

WOW! I would think that would be even better! All of those students are going to use the PC tools, and then compare them to the cooking tools in their parents kitchens.........and be telling their parents about the great tools they get to use at school!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh I'm with Becky, that is even better:) I'm so excited for you!!

That is even better! Everything would work for the home ec kitchens!! Plus they need 1 set for each kitchen! Wonder how many kitchens they have?

finley1991 said:

You can order up to 50 of any one item before Home Office has to approve. Also, they told me when I was purchasing 60 of one item last Christmas that they items cannot be sold for commercial use - the warranty will NOT apply for that type of use.

finley1991 said:

sorry, I should have read ahead before I posted.

I have posted for quantities of up to 20 for some other people but that was a few years ago and did not receive a call

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

I am working to get a fundraiser at my son's school for the Life Skills Kitchen. Hoping then more teachers will use our products and book shows.

AHHH the Home Ec kitchen is different.
& while I know many PC people use them in their family restaraunts I bet they aren't preparing/serving the quantities of meals a school cafetria serves in 1 day. Our high schools serve breakfast and lunches to a school population of probably over 2,000 students (some brown bag but, not many it's cool these days to eat form the cafeteria line )!!

:thumbup: That is COOL for Home Ec! :D Still commercial use but other than careless kids, she should be GOLDEN! :love:

1. How can I place a possible huge order with Pampered Chef?

To place a possible huge order with Pampered Chef, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to place an order online.

2. What qualifies as a "huge" order with Pampered Chef?

A "huge" order with Pampered Chef typically refers to an order with a total of $500 or more. However, this may vary depending on the specific promotion or offer.

3. Are there any discounts or special offers for possible huge orders?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special discounts or rewards for possible huge orders. Contact your consultant or check our website for current promotions.

4. Can I customize my possible huge order with specific products or quantities?

Yes, you can customize your possible huge order by selecting the specific products and quantities you would like to purchase. Our consultants can also assist you with creating a customized order.

5. How long will it take for my possible huge order to be processed and delivered?

The processing and delivery time for a possible huge order may vary depending on the products and quantities ordered, as well as your location. Your consultant can provide you with an estimated timeline for delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJessica95765
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Cookin' Momma
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • loreo