• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Safely Use Sally's Beauty Supply Hair Color Over Salon Color?

Since you all seem more qualified then I on this subject...:p , how safe is it to straighten your hair from a perm? I got this perm in May-June of 06 and its like a Rats nest!! I hate it and I just want it gone, but refuse to cut off my hair because its taken me a year to grow it out. How do I do this without a ton of damage??? Help me too...lolSince your perm is old, it is probably unsafe to straighten it. Perms can take a while to break down so it is best to just leave it as is and get a good deep conditioner to help mend it. Perms can also cause a lot of damage if not done correctly
schel
I have a hair color question and can not find my answer anywhere I look on the web. I also am chicken to ask my beautition in fear that I'll hurt her feelings, not to mention a $70.00 bill is not what I need right now.

My question....

Can I color with color from Sally's Beauty Supply over Salon color without my hair all breaking off and falling out?

Schel

I'm not a cosmetologist by any means, LOL, but I have used it before and your hair will be fine. The only problem is getting the color right. I have never been able to go blonde out of a box without it being to brassy, but brown usually works out...Good luck!!

schel said:
I have a hair color question and can not find my answer anywhere I look on the web. I also am chicken to ask my beautition in fear that I'll hurt her feelings, not to mention a $70.00 bill is not what I need right now.

My question....

Can I color with color from Sally's Beauty Supply over Salon color without my hair all breaking off and falling out?

Schel

You'll be fine, as long as you're not bleaching it or perming it first....

Ginger428 said:
You'll be fine, as long as you're not bleaching it or perming it first....

Can I color over the exhisting bleach in it?
She did color and bleach at the salon.
Thanks.
Schel

Could you the 800 number on the hair dye box? One of my friends had a mishap and she called and they gave her the steps she would need to correct her mistake. Good Luck

My best friend is a cosmotologist. Want me to ask her?

Jilleysue said:
My best friend is a cosmotologist. Want me to ask her?

Would you?
Thanks!
Schel

schel said:

My question....

Schel

Did you just get your hair done? If so, be honest with her and call! If you are not happy tell her because $70 is not cheap...She will fix it.

I asked my daughter, Brandy who is a cosmotoligist and she said that she wouldn't want to do it because of the colors being differant then a beauty shops. But she didn't think you hair would fall out but didn't think the color would come out looking very good. Hope that helps

letscook04 said:
Did you just get your hair done? If so, be honest with her and call! If you are not happy tell her because $70 is not cheap...She will fix it.

No it was before Christmas. So it has been at least a month now I would think. It has faded lots.
Michelle

I would call your hair stylist and tell her you were not happy this time around and want it redone. I have done this before and my hair stylist wasn't not offended and didn't charge me for fixing it. When it comes to that amount of money, you deserve to be happy. Even if it takes a second time around. Just my 2 cents!

Icky perm questionsince you all seem more qualified then I on this subject...:p , how safe is it to straighten your hair from a perm? I got this perm in May-June of 06 and its like a Rats nest!! I hate it and I just want it gone, but refuse to cut off my hair because its taken me a year to grow it out. How do I do this without a ton of damage??? Help me too...lol

I am a cosmetologist and whatever you do, don't straighten your hair. If you already have perm and color on there, you are just asking for trouble. I would also not do your color yourself as for a touch up, you should do the roots first and then the last 15 minutes pull it through to the rest of the hair. This is very hard to do on your own hair. Most people (me included when I do my own) put it all over their head at once and over time you will get an over processed mess. When you mix perm and color, sometimes you do end up with over processing which can make it look like a rat's nest. My advice is to get a good deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner. My recomendation is Redken all soft shampoo and conditioner for everyday and then once or twice a week Redken all soft masque. This will cost you some money but it is better than having to cut it off which is where you are headed if you don't start hydrating your hair.
Now, the color at Sally's is the same that you can get in the beauty supply but they are the low end. The formulas are very different for each company so unless you know what brand and color your stylist uses, I would not recommend doing it yourself. Whatever you do, don't use any color that you can buy at Wal-Mart or Target with a perm. The metallics that are in those colors can make your hair turn weird colors or can cause major damage with permed hair.
Hope this didn't scare you too much and helps you make your decision.

I wish I had hair to color. :(

Try using a color rinse instead of a permanent color

Last edited:
cookinmama said:
Try using a rinse instead of a color

yeah KG, just try rinsing instead! hehe.

I think I'm going to try dry cleaning because every time I rinse, more dead soldiers wash away.

1. What is a cosmetologist?

A cosmetologist is a professional who specializes in providing beauty services for hair, skin, and nails. They are trained in various techniques such as cutting, styling, coloring, and treating hair, as well as providing skincare and nail services.

2. How do I become a cosmetologist?

To become a cosmetologist, you must first complete a state-approved cosmetology program, which typically takes 9-12 months. After completing the program, you will need to pass a state licensing exam to become a licensed cosmetologist.

3. What services can a cosmetologist provide?

A cosmetologist can provide a wide range of services, including haircuts, hair styling, hair coloring, skincare treatments, manicures, pedicures, and more. Some cosmetologists may also offer additional services such as makeup application and hair extensions.

4. Do cosmetologists need to continue their education?

Yes, cosmetologists are required to continue their education throughout their careers. This helps them stay updated on the latest techniques, trends, and products in the industry and maintain their license. Continuing education may also be necessary to specialize in certain areas, such as hair coloring or skincare.

5. Can a cosmetologist work in different settings?

Yes, cosmetologists can work in a variety of settings, such as hair salons, spas, resorts, cruise ships, and even in their own private businesses. They may also have the opportunity to work in different industries, such as film, television, and fashion, providing hair and makeup services for actors and models.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies