• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Crab Rangoon Dip Without Sweet and Sour Sauce?

In summary, the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative requires cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and wonton wrappers as ingredients. The preparation method involves mixing the ingredients and baking the wonton wrappers. The dip can be made ahead of time and served either hot or cold. Substitutions can be made for the crab meat, wonton chips, and amount of mayonnaise and sour cream.
ChefKeender
I would like to make the Crab Rangoon Dip. I just love crab rangoons, but hate sweet and sour sauce. Do you think it would be fine if made without the sauce? Or, do you have any suggestions for an alternative sauce?
TIA

I think it would be fine without it. I make a hot crab dip all the time and it is yummy!
I have had a hot seafood dip with pepper jelly on top - a little of that is a thought.

I made the Crab Rangoon Dip this weekend, and my husband and I agreed that it would have been better without the sweet and sour sauce.

I am going to make the same dip and put it in wontons in the mini muffin pan to make crab puffs. YUM!

I wonder how it would be with ****tail sauce instead of the sweet and sour? Of course, then it wouldn't be crab rangoon, but might still be good!

thank you for asking. I was wondering the same b/c I'm kind of picky with processed sauces. Everything has High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or msg in it! I definitely will try this now!

Thanks for your replies. I really like the idea of putting it in wonton wrappers. Yum!!

Related to Can I Make Crab Rangoon Dip Without Sweet and Sour Sauce?

What ingredients are needed for the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative?

The ingredients for this dip include cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and wonton wrappers.

What is the preparation method for the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative?

First, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl. Then, cut the wonton wrappers into triangles and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Serve the dip in a bowl surrounded by the baked wonton chips for dipping.

Can the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative be made ahead of time?

Yes, this dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. However, it is recommended to bake the wonton chips fresh before serving for the best texture.

Can the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative be served hot or cold?

This dip can be served either hot or cold, depending on personal preference. If serving hot, it is recommended to bake the wonton chips and serve immediately.

Are there any substitutions that can be made for the Crab Rangoon Dip Alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the crab meat with cooked and shredded chicken or imitation crab. You can also use pre-made wonton chips instead of baking your own. Additionally, you can adjust the amount of mayonnaise and sour cream to achieve your desired consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies