• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Canape Bread and Beer Bread Ahead of Time for a Party?

In summary, canape bread is a type of thinly sliced bread used as a base for bite-sized appetizers. To make it, slice dense, firm bread and bake it until slightly crispy. There are many topping options, and the bread can be made ahead of time or frozen. Different types of bread can also be used.
kearstin
I'm planning on making the Tex-Mex Chicken Melts for our New Years Eve party on Monday... I've got so many people coming and have so much to do before then that I'm trying to do as much prep work ahead of time as possible. So my question to you guys is how far in advance can I make the canape bread? If I made it tonight would that be too soon? Oh, and what about the beer bread??

TIA :)
Kearstin

Not sure about the beer bread, but the canape bread will be fine if you make it tonight. Cool it completely, then wrap in plastic.

Thanks, Colleen. Does anyone know about the beer bread??

Beer bread should be OK, too. Cool completely, wrap well. If you have room, stash it in the fridge.

Thanks Ann. I knew you'd have an answer!!!! :D

Which reminds me - I have a show tomorrow and I should make some beer bread to take. :) I'm making the quick turkey chili in the DCB. (And I still need to go to the grocery store and get ingredients.)

You can also make the chicken mixture ahead - I have done this for parties and then just assembled it all just before my guests arrived.

Related to Can I Make Canape Bread and Beer Bread Ahead of Time for a Party?

1. What is canape bread?

Canape bread is a type of bread that is thinly sliced and often used as a base for making bite-sized appetizers or snacks. It is typically made with a dense, firm bread that can hold toppings without falling apart.

2. How do I make canape bread?

To make canape bread, you will need a loaf of dense, firm bread such as French baguette or sourdough. Slice the bread into thin rounds, about ¼ inch thick. Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly crispy. Let cool before using as a base for toppings.

3. What toppings can I use for canape bread?

There are endless possibilities for toppings on canape bread! Some popular options include spreads like hummus or pesto, cheese such as brie or goat cheese, cured meats, vegetables, and fruits. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations.

4. Can I make canape bread ahead of time?

Yes, you can make canape bread ahead of time. After baking the bread slices, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the bread slices for up to 1 month. Just let them defrost before using.

5. Can I use different types of bread for canape bread?

While a dense, firm bread is recommended for canape bread, you can experiment with different types of bread to see what works best for you. Just make sure the bread is sliced thinly and can hold toppings without breaking apart. Some other options include pita bread, English muffins, or even mini bagels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies