• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Get the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad Recipe??

In summary, Danielle is looking for a recipe for the Georgia Peach & Chicken salad. She is waiting on her spin on salads cookbook to come, but would like to try this one before her show next weekend. She asks for help from the community and someone posts a recipe for the salad.
sushimommy
Silver Member
could someone please post the Georgia Peach & Chicken salad recipe for me? i am waiting on my spin on salads cookbook to come, but would like to review/try this one before my show next weekend. thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!! -Danielle

sushimommy said:
could someone please post the Georgia Peach & Chicken salad recipe for me? i am waiting on my spin on salads cookbook to come, but would like to review/try this one before my show next weekend. thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!! -Danielle

Hee hee...when I first read the title...I thought you wanted MY chicken salad recipe!! But I don't have one :)

hee hee!! funny! i laughed when i saw you had replied...before i even opened the post!

so, yes, i am looking for the SPIN ON SALADS Peach & Chicken Salad recipe....PLEASE?? (i know there are TONS of you who earned the May products - help!)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Hee hee...when I first read the title...I thought you wanted MY chicken salad recipe!! But I don't have one :)
I thought it was about you too!

Same here!

pamperedlinda said:
I thought it was about you too!
Meee tooo!!! How funny!:p ;) :D

Poor Danielle...she wants the recipe and this thread has become all about me :) I don't know where my Salad recipe book is or I'd help you out!! Sorry!

bumping up (and begging) - i really want to see if this is the recipe i want to demo!

Dressing
1/3 cup plain non fat yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp peach preserves
1 tbsp snipped fresh mint leaves
1/8 tsp salt

Chiken & Salad
1 tsp veg. oil
1 garlic clove
4 boneless skinles chicken breasts
salt & pepper

Grilled cornbread wedges (cut in wedges, place on lightly greased grid of grill grill uncovered 30 -60 seconds until grill marks appear.)

2 large peaches pitted and cut into 3/4 " wedges
1 cup lightly packed watecress
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans

Dressing whisk in small batter bowl cover refrigerate
grill cb wedges set aside
grill peaches on slightly greaed grid of grill grill covered 2-3 minutes
tun when marks appear. Remove
Grill chicken brush with the oila nd garlic grill covered 12 - 15 minutes covered turn occasionally. remove fom grill cut into 1/2 cubes
place chicken & peaches in SS bowl; add dressing mix gently. coer refrigerate 2 hours ot until chilled

to serve add watercress toss lightly serve with pecans and cb wedges
yields 4 servings

Here you go:
Dressing: 1/3 C plain nonfat yogurt
1 T fresh lime juice
1T peach preserves
1 T snipped fresh mint
1/8 t salt

chicken and salad
1 t vegetable oil
1 garlic clove pressed
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
salt and coarsely ground black pepper
grilled cornbread wedges, optional
2 large peaches, pitted and cut into 3/4 in wedges
1 C lightly packed watercress leaves
1/4 C toasted chopped pecans

prep 30 minutes, total time about 2 hours, 30 minutes

1. Whisk dressing ingredients until well blended, cover, refrigerate

2. Prepare grill for direct cooking over med. coals. Combine oil and garlic in prep bowl,brush over chicken, season with salt/pepper.

3. If desired prepare grilled corbread wedges, set aside (cut purchased cornbread into wedges, split in half, grill on lightly greased grid 30-60 seconds or until grill marks appear). Place peach wedges on lightly greased grid of grill. Grill covered 203 min., turning once when grill marks appear, remove from grill. Place chicken on grill, covered, 12-15 minutes until no longer pink, turning occasionally. Remove from grill, cut into 1/2 in cubes. Place chicken and peaches in 4 qt stainless bowl, add dressing and mix gently, refrigerate about 2 hours.

4. Serve: add watercress to chicken mixture, toss lightly. Place on plates, sprinkle wiht pecans, serve with cornbread.

I shortened up the instructions a little but hopefully it all makes sense. It looks good but how are you going to do it for a show, cook it in advance?

How funny, you finially get the recipe and you get two. You are loved, even if your thread was hijacked on accident.

thanks everyone! no problem with the hijack - i think it's hilarious!!

dwyerkim said:
It looks good but how are you going to do it for a show, cook it in advance?

what i think i can do (tell me if this is too much "winging it") is to prepare a 30 minute chicken (with lots of garlic), and use the meat from that for my chicken. demo the grill pan for the peaches and cornbread, bring the mint from my garden in the herb keeper to snip. it will be a warmer, grilled salad than the instructions state, but i think it should still work.

my plan for this show is to talk about the 30 minute chicken as a spring timesaver - make a salad, a pasta, eat with sides, sandwiches, etc....

That sounds good. You might even market the salad demo as a "wilted" version of the recipe in the booklet (I make a spinach salad called wilted spinach salad--the spinach is topped with hot sauteed mushrooms and bacon, the heat from which cause the spinach to slightly wilt--might not sound good but it is delicious)

Sounds like you'll have a great demo--a couple of other ideas (if you have time)--bake the cornbread yourself in the mini baker (that ought to be the right size for one of those little mixes) if you want to talk more about stoneware, serve the salad on a SA dish/bowl, and use the new salad spinner and bamboo tongs too!

thanks, Kim - great ideas! i am planning on using the spinner/tongs, and the sa round platter - it is so cute elevated on the upside-down small dot bowl! and i will see if one of those small mixes will fit in my little bar pan since i don't have the mini baker, or i could use the pie plate. i might need to do it ahead though, so it is cool enough to cut and grill in the pan.i LOVE wilted spinach salad! not sure if i can find watercress around here - i might have to substitute another lettuce, but that's okay!thanks again!

If you have an Albertsons they sell it I buy it often.
Teresa

sushimommy said:
thanks, Kim - great ideas! i am planning on using the spinner/tongs, and the sa round platter - it is so cute elevated on the upside-down small dot bowl! and i will see if one of those small mixes will fit in my little bar pan since i don't have the mini baker, or i could use the pie plate. i might need to do it ahead though, so it is cool enough to cut and grill in the pan.

i LOVE wilted spinach salad!

not sure if i can find watercress around here - i might have to substitute another lettuce, but that's okay!

thanks again!

You could probably subs. baby spinach, much much easier to find than watercress.

1. How can I obtain the recipe for the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad?

To get the recipe for the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad, you can either purchase the Pampered Chef cookbook that features the recipe or contact your Pampered Chef consultant to request a copy.

2. Is the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad recipe available online?

Unfortunately, the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad recipe is not available on the Pampered Chef website. However, you can find variations of the recipe online by searching for similar salad recipes with peaches and chicken.

3. Can I make substitutions in the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad recipe?

Absolutely! The Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can substitute different types of greens, protein, or dressing to suit your taste preferences.

4. How long does it take to prepare the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad?

The Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad can be prepared in about 20 minutes. The recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken, so that helps cut down on the prep time. It's perfect for a quick and easy meal.

5. Can I use canned peaches in the Georgia Peach & Chicken Salad?

While fresh peaches are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use canned peaches in a pinch. Just make sure to drain the excess liquid before adding them to the salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • emmabelle47
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
emmabelle47
  • Jenn'sKitchen