• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Create Generic Hosts in PWS for Instant Password Assignment?

S
sfdavis918
I just had an idea. Can I set up a generic host in my PWS so that when I hand out a host packet at a show I can assign the password right there and then? I would do it for a couple of generic hosts, so that I have more than one password. What do you think, good idea?

Yeah, I think that would work...as long as you remember who you give which password to. Good idea!

And remember to change the date and contact name......too much of a hassle if you ask me. Just set them up when you book them, it only take a few minutes.

I was thinking it would be nice to give them the password right there and then when they book to keep the excitement up. I guess once I set them up I send the email with the password anyway. Maybe you're right, too much hassle. I have already done it for a couple, so maybe I will try at tonights show and see how it goes.

By sending them the password in an email, they are already able to access your site and more likely to visit it. Too often my hosts never go into my website and I think they miss so much.
just my two cents

Giving them the password later also gives you another host contact. Just something to think about.

Related to Can I Create Generic Hosts in PWS for Instant Password Assignment?

1. Can I set up a generic host in my PWS?

Yes, you can set up a generic host in your PWS. This can be done by creating a new account with a generic name and password that can be used for multiple host packets.

2. How can I assign the password at the show?

You can assign the password at the show by accessing your PWS and going to the account settings for the generic host. From there, you can change the password and assign it to the specific host packet.

3. Do I need to create multiple generic hosts?

No, you can create one generic host account and use it for multiple host packets. However, if you prefer to have different passwords for each host, you can create multiple generic host accounts.

4. Will this save me time at shows?

Yes, setting up a generic host in your PWS can save you time at shows. You can easily assign the password on the spot and have the host packet ready to go without having to manually create a new account each time.

5. Is this a good idea?

It depends on your personal preference and needs. Setting up a generic host in your PWS can be a convenient option for managing multiple host packets, but it may not be necessary for everyone. It's best to weigh the pros and cons and decide if it's the right choice for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vhadley
  • mcwach