• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Help with Making Avocado Salsa Cups Using Tia Rosa 11 Tortillas?

In summary, the cups are thick and do not form to cups. They need to be formed before baking. Warming the tortillas may help. They are delicious when baked, but can be improved by using won ton wrappers.
chefjwr
Has anyone been successful making these cups. I used Tia Rosa 11" (recipe calls to cut down 11" size). They are so thick they will not form to cups. If you have made this recipe and it worked well, please share.

One of the gals in my cluster said she had to wet down the tortillas in order to get them to stay in their shape. I've never made this recipe before, but have heard it is a little frustrating.

I've read the recipe and they sound frustrating. Would perhaps warming the tortillas help get them to form?

I've made them and at first they were a bit frustrating. I did find a little trick that I will try to explain. You definitley need to have the cup formed before you put it in the pan. So what I did is cut the four slits, then brushed with oil. Then fold up the sides so that one side is behind the next. So each side will have half in front and half behind. Ugh, it's so hard to explain when writing it down. I'm going to try to draw a picture and scan it in.

ETA: Ok, that didn't work either, I can't draw. If no one has answered a bit more clearly by the time my DH gets home I will have him try to draw it. That Art degree should help a bit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on practicing these tonight for a show I MAY do them on on the 1st of Nov.

If they don't work, I will do the savory crostini or Tangy pepper pecan brie. I haven't done either one of those either. The host wants bites n bevs but didn't want any of the other choices. UGHHH!

Wow, I LOVE this recipe. It is a bit difficult to get them into the cup shape but even if they break just push them in there and they will bake just fine. Maybe microwaving them for a couple of seconds will make them easier to work with. They taste DELICIOUS when they are done. I love to take them to potlucks. I fill them just before I serve them. Very garlicy!!

Like Sarah was trying to say, it is very important to put one "flap" infront of or behind the others before you put them in. . . o.k. that is kindof difficult to explain!!!

Yes, Megan. They are delicious. I put a good amount of lime juice in my recipe and they were still good the next day. Not crisp but very good. I did go ahead and bake the shells but it took a lot of extra time and they were formed strangely. Some I cut into triangles and just layered in-- the filling just isn't as contained this way and it takes time to make all the additional cuts. I got a suggestion on another thread--use wonton wrappers. I will try this next.

What about won ton wrappers? they are thin and easy to mold...dont know if it'd work.

Crostini's are awesome....................as someone else suggested.

I heard someone say that if you have 2 mini muffin pans you could put one on top while they are cooking so they keep their shape. I think it was the same recipe. Anyway, I haven't tried it, but just wanted to share.

Related to Can Anyone Help with Making Avocado Salsa Cups Using Tia Rosa 11 Tortillas?

What are the ingredients needed for avocado salsa cups?

The ingredients needed for avocado salsa cups are avocados, tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and tortilla cups.

How do I make the avocado salsa?

To make the avocado salsa, start by dicing the avocados, tomatoes, and red onion. Then, mix them together in a bowl with lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper.

Can I make the avocado salsa cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the avocado salsa cups ahead of time. However, it is best to wait to assemble them until right before serving to prevent the tortilla cups from getting soggy.

Can I use store-bought tortilla cups for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought tortilla cups for this recipe. However, you can also make your own by cutting small circles from tortillas and baking them in a muffin tin.

Are there any substitutions for ingredients in avocado salsa cups?

Yes, you can make some substitutions for ingredients in avocado salsa cups. Instead of tomatoes, you can use diced mango or pineapple for a sweeter flavor. You can also use red bell pepper instead of red onion. Additionally, you can use lemon juice instead of lime juice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies