• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Made From New Silicone Crown Pan

In summary, the cake pan looks like it would be good for a b'day cake or Father's Day cake. It is a cute design and would be good for a Mardi Gras party.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Has anyone seen or got a picture of an actual cake made from this pan? Probably sounds silly, but I'd love to see how the cake itself looks!

There is one in the catalog.Frankly ... I don't think it looks a whole lot different than one made in the fluted stone ...

It's cute - would be good for King Cake at a Mardi Gras theme show. DH's scanner hasn't been working, or I'd scan the pic for you.

chefann said:
It's cute - would be good for King Cake at a Mardi Gras theme show.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it! Maybe some creative Cheffers will make some other cute cakes and post pictures so I can stop seeing it as a 1 day a year pan...

It would be good for a b'day cake for a princess-themed party. Or for Father's Day ('King of his castle' and all that...).

At conference they also suggested using it for jello and ice-cream molds, or for an ice ring for a punch bowl.

I don't see myself using it much.

What are the benefits of using a silicone mold? I was also curious as to why they picked a crown design on this. Seems to limit its use. If it was just a pretty design I think that it would be more appealing, to me anyway. JMO :)

Why do you need a special occasion for it? It's just a cake pan - use it!! I love the fluted pan, but will use this one just as much - just for any old cake. It will just make your cakes stand out a little more than a 'regular' bundt-type cake!!!

babywings76 said:
What are the benefits of using a silicone mold? I was also curious as to why they picked a crown design on this. Seems to limit its use. If it was just a pretty design I think that it would be more appealing, to me anyway. JMO :)

I completely Agree that it has limited uses. I started to write, before I saw your post, that they should have picked a pattern that was more versitile. I personally have NO use for crown in my life (no kids, just a DH and cat)!

HO does more intricate designs in the silicone pieces because they're easier to unmold from the silicone than from stoneware. I think the crown is more versatile than, say, a rose (I've seen those pans in the stores and they're pretty, but I'd never use them - and the cupcake pan is flowers already anyway). I'm still conflicted on the whole silicone bakeware issue. Silicone is an insulator. That's what makes it so good for scrapers and hot pads. But baking dishes are supposed to transfer the heat into your baked goods, which is why they're made of materials that conduct heat (metal, stoneware...).

ChefBeckyD said:
At conference they also suggested using it for jello and ice-cream molds, or for an ice ring for a punch bowl.

I have a silicone pan that I bought years ago and I use it for ice rings for punch bowls. I have to say that is the only thing I use it for. The Silicone makes it VERY easy to release the ice ring. I can't see myself buying another silicone cake pan. I guess if I didn't already have one...

Still no picture! :) Does anyone have a scanner handy??

I like the ice idea, but I agree that a more universal design might have been better. I guess I'm still not sure if it really looks like a crown, or just a more decorative bundt.

I have 2 nordicware fancy bundt pans, so no real need for this one.

I do agree with Lamar that it is fun to use "fancy" pans for everyday too! And they are great for bake sale cakes. The mini-fluted (still on the outlet!) is good for this too.

Last edited:
i like the design - it's fancy without being overtly girly. also, you can get away with just a dusting of powdered sugar on top.

Does anyone have a picture of just the pan at least? I haven't seen any of the new products. My daughter's 1st birthday is in September & it is princess themed!! I have been looking for a shaped pan for it! I would greatly appreciate a picture of just the pan.

Didn't mean to steal the thread, but I'd also like to see a picture of the finished cake! ;)

if you're having a princess party, how about making the doll cake with the batter bowl?

ChefBeckyD said:

I don't see myself using it much.

Oh, it was kind of used for OTHER things in Wave 1. ;) Even became part of a few songs!

susanr613 said:
if you're having a princess party, how about making the doll cake with the batter bowl?

Yes, I thought that was pretty easy to do!

AnnieBee said:
I have 2 nordicware fancy bundt pans, so no real need for this one.

See, now I have a nordicware fancy bundt pan that I HATE - I can never get all the cake crumbs out of the nooks and crannies, and I have tried everything from toothpicks to baby bottle brushes.

I was hoping the silicone pan would make it easier to release the cake, and easier to clean.

Am I just dreaming here??

Hey Jean, which design do you have? I haven't had any problems. I grease and flour well, and then use the nipple-brush (will that be censored? LOL!) from my bottle brushes to get into the corners. I probably let it soak a bit too! One of mine is a castle with turrets that could be a pain, but so far they haven't been. Is your non-stick still in good shape?

I think the silicone will make it much easier to clean than your other fancy pan.I don't think it's an obvious crown, and it isn't particularly girly. I can see using it lots.

Here's a picture!

Attachments

• IMG_0274-1.jpg
    IMG_0274-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 348
AnnieBee said:
Hey Jean, which design do you have? I haven't had any problems. I grease and flour well, and then use the nipple-brush (will that be censored? LOL!) from my bottle brushes to get into the corners. I probably let it soak a bit too! One of mine is a castle with turrets that could be a pain, but so far they haven't been. Is your non-stick still in good shape?

I think mine is the castle as well. And the non-stick should be in good shape, since I have only used it a handful of times, because of the cleaning issue. And I do soak it also, and use a nipple brush, and either grease and flour or spray (very well) with Pam with flour. So I am not sure why I am having such issues.
I wonder if I could season it like cast iron?? Hm...

raebates said:
I think the silicone will make it much easier to clean than your other fancy pan.

I don't think it's an obvious crown, and it isn't particularly girly. I can see using it lots.

That's what I was hoping to hear!! I would love to hear from folks after they use it. I think I took it off my sample order yesterday to save money, but I am hoping to pick it up later if I can get my schedule to pick up.

hrmm... Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a decorated flute pan rather than a "crown" to me. Still might make some fun cakes, just doesn't look too "crownie" to me.

ljeffries said:
Why do you need a special occasion for it? It's just a cake pan - use it!! I love the fluted pan, but will use this one just as much - just for any old cake. It will just make your cakes stand out a little more than a 'regular' bundt-type cake!!!

Good idea! :thumbup:

I don't love it and plan to sell mine! Don't see me ever using it..

Mine arrived this morning, so I made a devils food cake. It works well and doesn't look too girly/fancy.

Related to Cake Made From New Silicone Crown Pan

1. How do I properly use the New Silicone Crown Pan for cake making?

The New Silicone Crown Pan is designed to be used in the oven for baking cakes. Simply preheat your oven to the recommended temperature and place the pan on a baking sheet for stability. Then, pour in your cake batter and bake according to your recipe's instructions. Once the cake is done, let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing it.

2. Is the New Silicone Crown Pan easy to clean?

Yes, the New Silicone Crown Pan is incredibly easy to clean. Unlike traditional metal cake pans, this silicone pan is non-stick, making it easier to remove the cake and clean any remaining residue. You can hand wash it with warm, soapy water or place it in the dishwasher for convenience.

3. Can the New Silicone Crown Pan be used for other types of desserts?

While the New Silicone Crown Pan is primarily designed for baking cakes, it can also be used for other types of desserts such as brownies, bread, and even gelatin. Just make sure to properly grease the pan and adjust your baking time accordingly.

4. Can the New Silicone Crown Pan be used in the microwave?

No, the New Silicone Crown Pan is not safe for use in the microwave. It is specifically designed for use in the oven only. Using it in the microwave can cause damage to the pan and potentially ruin your dessert.

5. Is the New Silicone Crown Pan safe for use with metal utensils?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the New Silicone Crown Pan as it can scratch or damage the non-stick surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils when working with this pan to ensure its longevity and effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmissyfee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies