• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

CA Director on LinkedIn: Prohibited Internet Advertising?

In summary, the CA director has a LinkedIn profile with a PC profile and is not allowed to advertise on the website. Send a link to the page to [email protected] for reporting purposes.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
I just came across a CA director that has a PC profile on LinkedIn. Isn't this the type of internet advertising we are prohibited from doing?

Yep - no listing that we're a consultant or links to PWS anywhere on the web. Send a link to the page to [email protected]

I'm on Linked In, but I say I sell high quality kitchen tools - PC. If they don't get it, and they are interested, they will email me.

Don't directors have certain things they are allowed to do though? *I'm too lazy to pull up the P&P, but it seems they get certain latitude in their advertising permissions.*

Yes, Directors have leeway on the advertising policies. If you feel strongly, report it to HO and let them take care of it.

Robin

esavvymom said:
Don't directors have certain things they are allowed to do though? *I'm too lazy to pull up the P&P, but it seems they get certain latitude in their advertising permissions.*

That is for ED's and above. They can have a website, but they still can't "advertise" online.

I really hope the HO revisits this soon. So much networking and friendships happen online these days. I feel very hampered by these guidelines sometimes. I frequent a couple other message boards and would love to more directly offer what I have to my cyber-buddies there.

My hospitality director just signed up on Facebook and check out a ton of her cluster members on there. She said that over half of them had something mentioned PC and their website. She made sure to send out an email warning of this.

I am on that link too but told then NO web info alowed on my profile only that I sell high qu kitchen tools too and the cotact me via email only

Related to CA Director on LinkedIn: Prohibited Internet Advertising?

1. What is considered prohibited internet advertising on LinkedIn?

Prohibited internet advertising on LinkedIn includes any form of paid or sponsored content that promotes a product or service directly to LinkedIn members, without their consent.

2. Can I share a link to my company's website on my LinkedIn profile?

Yes, you can share a link to your company's website on your LinkedIn profile. However, you should not use any language or images that could be seen as promotional or advertising in nature.

3. Is it allowed to use LinkedIn to promote my direct sales business?

No, using LinkedIn to promote a direct sales business is considered a violation of the platform's terms of service. LinkedIn is designed for professional networking and should not be used for direct sales or multi-level marketing purposes.

4. Can I pay for sponsored content on LinkedIn to advertise my products or services?

No, LinkedIn does not allow any form of paid advertising for products or services on the platform. This includes sponsored content, sponsored InMail, and display ads.

5. Are there any exceptions to the prohibited internet advertising rule on LinkedIn?

Yes, there are a few exceptions to the rule. You can promote webinars, events, and job postings on LinkedIn as long as they follow the platform's guidelines and are not overly promotional or spammy in nature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • SusanBP0129
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • AJPratt