• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buying Cookbooks in Sept for Giveaways

In summary, Kathleen recommends buying extra Guest Special Cookbooks in September to have on hand for giveaways or special prizes later on. She also plans on selling them at her shows.
kam
Staff member
I am new and I feel like I have no "stock" items!

How many of you would buy the Guest Special Cookbooks in Sept (at between $7-8 with host discount) to use at a later point for giveways, special prizes, etc?

I am really tempted to buy a few extra to have "on hand" for those kinds of things.

Also, I really do love the cookbooks and have almost all of them from personal purchases over the years. I plan on bringing them to my shows so people can see the cookbooks (I was always more likely to buy them once I saw them). Does anyone else do this and do your cookbooks get "handled"? I mean, over time do they seem to be a little worn for the wear from people looking at them? For this reason, I am tempted to buy myself a set of the cookbooks this month (at the nice discount) so I don't have to worry about "my set" getting ruined???

Thanks,
Kathleen

Not me - I am too cheap - $7-$8 is a lot of $ for a giveaway.

kam said:

How many of you would buy the Guest Special Cookbooks in Sept (at between $7-8 with host discount) to use at a later point for giveways, special prizes, etc?

I am really tempted to buy a few extra to have "on hand" for those kinds of things.

Also, I really do love the cookbooks and have almost all of them from personal purchases over the years. I plan on bringing them to my shows so people can see the cookbooks (I was always more likely to buy them once I saw them). Does anyone else do this and do your cookbooks get "handled"? I mean, over time do they seem to be a little worn for the wear from people looking at them? For this reason, I am tempted to buy myself a set of the cookbooks this month (at the nice discount) so I don't have to worry about "my set" getting ruined???

Thanks,
Kathleen

Ha! Your post made me laugh! Mine get way more worn looking at my house than they do at shows. I used to apologize for that, but it seems to add value to the cookbooks - everybody knows I use them, and I tell them the pages with the most smudges are obviously family favorites!:

I take the cookbooks to every show, and sell them at every show! I am stocking up on my favorite 4 cookbooks (29 Minutes, All The Best, It's Good For You, & Casual Cooking) to use as give aways for special times.

kam said:

Thanks,
Kathleen

I do bring all of my cookbooks to my shows for people to look through and they do get worn around the edges. I've sold quite a few cookbooks that I might not have if I didn't bring them though. I think it's a good idea to have a few to use as give aways when necessary. We have Host Appreciation parties and that would be a great giveaway for some kind of event like that.

At fairs, I like to give away a free cooking show. But a clustermate, with whom I occasionally share a fair booth, likes to give away actual product. Cookbooks are good for that because they're universal (you don't have to worry about the color, etc.), and they fit into an envelope easily to mail to the winner.

Yes, I was figuring for giveaways like at a fair booth or open house. In the future I would like to give incentives for higher sales maybe - or even use as a book to look gift if I need bookings. They would be easy to store and I don't have to worry about a warranty (like on another product)!

I think I might do that when I have my Open house.....get a few to have oon hand. Once in a while I'll have a "competition" between my hosts for the highest show for the month. The highest show will get xyz. The cookbook would be good for that I think. Plus, when I make gift baskets for silent auctions they are nice for that.

Christ Follower said:
Once in a while I'll have a "competition" between my hosts for the highest show for the month. The highest show will get xyz.

That is a good idea.

I bought a few for a booth I am doing in December that I need cash and carry items.

Ann R.

I am stocking up as well. I may use some as give aways or booking benefits but my real intention is to use them as Christmas gifts. I will be using a ribbon to tie another product to the book such as a whisk or bakers roller...

Brandi2007 said:
I am stocking up as well. I may use some as give aways or booking benefits but my real intention is to use them as Christmas gifts. I will be using a ribbon to tie another product to the book such as a whisk or bakers roller...
semi-hijack!
I usually give the RUFTH item as Christmas gifts. The trivet with a cookbook would make a GREAT gift!

Well, you know I am just going to have to buy the cookbooks now! I will take the responses as permission to shop!!:)

Maybe it's just in my area...but I used to bring the cookbooks to my shows...but i found that within minutes of the cookbooks going around, soneone would say "Hey Sally Hostess, can I run into your den and photocopy this recipe?" and next thing I knew they were photocopying the recipes and there was nothing I could do to stop them...and nobody was buying cookbooks. Or ONE gal would buy it and say to the group "I'll make copies of it for all of you"
UGH

chefann said:
semi-hijack!
I usually give the RUFTH item as Christmas gifts. The trivet with a cookbook would make a GREAT gift!

Great idea.:thumbup:

I've had groups like that, too. Ugh! Nothing you can do about it, but mention that your livelihood depends on people making a purchase.

Carolyn--I would've probably said to those folks--Hey, I don't mean to play bad cop here but since I represent the company, I must tell you that photocopying the recipes from my cookbooks is a copyright violation and I just can't let you do that! Hey, I got busted at Dream Dinners for jotting down the ingredients to ONE recipe--and got the same line!! Hmmpphfff!

Oh, I suppose I should answer the thread's question :) I'm still new and trying to turn a profit--so while I did buy my MIL the new cookbook and All the Best for showing (I already had the new one and stoneware one), I'm holding off on buying the cookbooks. (IT IS HARD, though!) As for hostess gifts and giveaways, I"ve gotten a few spices for that purpose--it's easier on my wallet! Plus if they like them, they'll order more!

I think I'm going to order about 6 of the 29 minutes to dinner. I'm going to offer these free to anyone who books a November show! I want to get high sales for the Sell A Thon!!

pampchefrhondab said:
I think I'm going to order about 6 of the 29 minutes to dinner. I'm going to offer these free to anyone who books a November show! I want to get high sales for the Sell A Thon!!

Oooh...Great idea! I haven't gotten in Sell A Thon mode yet!

1. How can I purchase cookbooks for giveaways in September?

To purchase cookbooks for giveaways in September, you can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant. Our website offers a variety of cookbooks to choose from, and your consultant can also help you find the perfect cookbook for your giveaway needs.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions available for buying cookbooks in September for giveaways?

Yes, we often have promotions and discounts available for purchasing cookbooks in bulk for giveaways. Check our website or reach out to your consultant for more information on current deals.

3. Can I customize the cookbooks with my company's logo or branding?

Yes, we offer custom branding options for our cookbooks, including adding your company's logo or branding to the cover and/or pages. Contact your consultant for more details and pricing.

4. Do you offer gift wrapping or packaging for the cookbooks?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping and packaging options for an additional fee. Your consultant can provide you with more information and assist with arranging this service for your cookbook giveaway.

5. Is there a minimum order quantity for purchasing cookbooks for giveaways?

Yes, there is a minimum order quantity for purchasing cookbooks for giveaways. This varies depending on the specific cookbook and availability. Your consultant can provide you with more information and help you meet the minimum order requirement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • Denise K
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Denise K
  • Shawnna