• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Plans on Hold for Thanksgiving Weekend

In summary, Jenny LI used to go the more expensive route before she had kids, now she gets Purina Dog chow and her dad uses the more expensive natural food. Science Diet is actually not that good, it contains animal byproducts. For her cat she gets more expensive food, she's 13 already.
DebPC
Staff member
Does anyone have anything going on with their business over Thanksgiving weekend?I have out of town company- so besides maybe closing a show or 2 -nothing much.

For I think the first time ever, I do have one show. It's on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 5 pm. I'll be interested to see what the turnout is like. Then Sunday I'm going to a Lia Sophia party (jewelry) as a guest so it'll be kind of fun to just sit and relax.:) Especially after hosting Thanksgiving for my parents and in-laws:)

Thanksgiving is our Christmas since that's when the kids come down from WI so I never plan anything. I will have a couple of shows to close that week but that will hopefully happen before they arrive on Tuesday night.

I have a vendor event /craft fair on Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to complete my January Bookings and do some sales for the Holidays.

I have 16 shows/events in November and only 5 for December....looking forward to a strong New Year!

Craft Fair cancelledI did one last year that was ok- I liked it because it was in early December. Here a lot of craft fairs won't let direct sale vendors in. This one waits until 2weeks before and then if they still had room they let us in. So I waited until yesturday to call and after 20 years of having it they decided not to have it this year. :(

I don't have any shows this year. SO I'm going to take advantage of the next week & get my december & january booked so I can relax!!

I have a show on the 2oth because my host is having alot of company come to her for t'giving. I am excited about it!
The following week I have avendor fair and depending on how well I do there, I may hold it over to December....

I'm closing 1 cooking and 3 catalog shows on Sunday; plan to make all my remaining Nov./Dec host calls that weekend too and start booking January more firmly (and more December if I can!)

;)

I have a show Sat, Sun, Mon and then Friday. Already have $3,200 in and need 1900 points for the cruise! I may have it with the additional sales this month! If not from that I have a brand new consultant that should qualify by 11/28! (her 30 days). Also have 6 catty shows going on that most should close by the end of the month!

smspamperedchef said:
I have a show Sat, Sun, Mon and then Friday. Already have $3,200 in and need 1900 points for the cruise! I may have it with the additional sales this month! If not from that I have a brand new consultant that should qualify by 11/28! (her 30 days). Also have 6 catty shows going on that most should close by the end of the month!

That's great Sharon!

jwpamp said:
I have 16 shows/events in November and only 5 for December....looking forward to a strong New Year!

Great November show schedule Janice (and December's looking pretty good too!).

I have a show Tuesday but nothing over Thanksgiving weekend. Our movers come the following week, so we're sorting like crazy until then. (I do have three shows the first week of December...thank goodness for fellow consultants lending their products!)

After that, it's a complete NADA, ZERO, ZILTCH, ETC. :eek:

:pray:

do you go for the cheap stuff or more expensive natural stuff? I go for the more expensive natural food because I think it will pay off in the long run with less medical bills.

I buy Purina One. It's not cheap, but not the really expensive stuff either. I think also, the folks always bought Purina for the dogs when I was growing up and it is habit/tradition.

--Jenny L

I used to go the more expensive route before I had kids. Now I get Purina Dog chow.

Ironically enough, when that big dog food recall thing happened (remember all the sick and dying pets?) dog chow was not on the recall yet everything else from the Walmart brand to Eukenuba and Nutro were.

I buy basic piggie pellets and timothy hay... there's only one brand of each in the pet store. I do stay away from the stuff at the grocery store though...their turnover is so low that the hay you get is stale and too dried out (ironically enough).

I have only had my 5 year old cat since summer so I am trying to figure out what he likes and doesn't like. He does not like organic at all!

We use what the vet recommended..Science Diet. My dad uses the natural dog food. We have a small dog and those food pellets are so huge I think we will stick with what we are using.

Is Science Diet for cats too or just dogs?

chefkristin said:
Is Science Diet for cats too or just dogs?

they have it for both. it's not that expensive either. We get ours at Petsmart and I think it is about $9 a bag that last a month. You can tell a huge difference in eating and bathroom patterns.

Science Diet is actually not that good, it contains animal byproducts. I feed my cat Chicken Soup for the Cats Soul. Nothing but real meat and rice.

Ok- only 1 more show (next week) left for the year. I am getting on the phone and sending out my customer email newsletter to get some additional business and those January bookings. All my Novemer shows were in the first 2 weeks so no carryover to Dec. Now I find out how good of a consultant I am.

Wow! Great Weekend! I only had 1 of my downline take me up on the "Free" weekend booth (I paid for the spot).....between the 2 of us, we had over $600 in sales (she even sold 5 Food Choppers to ONE customer!) AND booked 7 shows. Will definately do it again next year.

Oh, also came home to a phone call from a woman who met my friend at another local craft event that didn't have a PC consultant at it....my friend gave her my # and I got a $70 sale from it!

I am almost at $7000 in sales for the month and don't have any open dates til February!

Woo Hoo!

I buy cheaper stuff for my dogs...they actually can't seem to handle the REALLY healthy stuff...LOL! For my cat I get more expensive food, she's 13 already. I'm probably getting her the Trout and Brown Rice or Salmon/Shrimp/Brown Rice this time (Drs. Foster & Smith brand - formulated by our vets). With the current sale, I can get it for 78 cents per can which is pretty good for the content (see below).No wheat gluten and good content:
Country Classic Dinners® Canned Cat Foods
Trout & Brown Rice
Ingredients: Trout, Chicken Liver, Fish Broth, Chicken, Brown Rice, Carrots, Egg Product, Sweet Potatoes, Guar Gum, Cranberries, Blueberries, Ground Flaxseed, Carrageenan, Dried Kelp, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Sunflower Oil, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Sodium Ascorbate (a source of Vitamin C), Iron Proteinate (a source of chelated Iron), Zinc Proteinate (a source of chelated Zinc), Vitamin E Supplement, Cobalt Proteinate (a source of chelated Cobalt), Copper Proteinate (a source of chelated Copper), Manganese Proteinate (a source of chelated Manganese), Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, d-calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, and Biotin. Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein 10.0% min
Crude Fat 6.0% min
Crude Fiber 1.0% max
Moisture 78.0% max
Ash 2.5% max
Magnesium 0.025% max
Taurine 0.06% min Feeding Guidelines: Cat Weight
(lbs) Daily
Feeding
Amount
4 1/2 can
8 1 can
12 1-1/2 cans
16 2 cans Calorie Content ME
(kcal/kg) = 1265 (calculated)
(kcal/can) = 197 Savory Salmon, Shrimp & Brown Rice
Ingredients: Salmon, Chicken Liver, Fish Broth, Chicken, Shrimp, Brown Rice, Carrots, Egg Product, Sweet Potatoes, Guar Gum, Cranberries, Blueberries, Ground Flaxseed, Carrageenan, Dried Kelp, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Sunflower Oil, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate (a source of Vitamin C), Iron Proteinate (a source of chelated Iron), Zinc Proteinate (a source of chelated Zinc), Vitamin E Supplement, Cobalt Proteinate (as source of chelated Cobalt), Copper Proteinate (a source of chelated Copper), Manganese Proteinate (a source of chelated Manganese), Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, and Biotin. Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein 10.0% min
Crude Fat 6.0% min
Crude Fiber 1.0% max
Moisture 78.0% max
Ash 2.5% max
Magnesium 0.025% max
Taurine 0.06% min Feeding Guidelines: Cat Weight
(lbs) Daily
Feeding
Amount
4 1/2 can
8 1 can
12 1-1/2 cans
16 2 cans Calorie Content ME
(kcal/kg) = 1228 (calculated)
(kcal/can) = 192 Additional Feeding Guidelines
Feed according to the age, size, and activity of your cat. Feed at room temperature and refrigerate unused portion. Your cat should always have access to clean fresh water.

I used to buy Iams low cal and switched about 3 months ago to Blue Seal low cal....it has EXACTLY the same ingreidents as the Iams but about $10 less without the IAMS LABLE. You can only find it at grain mill type stores (Agway carries too). The dog is just as happy with it.

reba515 said:
I used to buy Iams low cal and switched about 3 months ago to Blue Seal low cal....it has EXACTLY the same ingreidents as the Iams but about $10 less without the IAMS LABLE. You can only find it at grain mill type stores (Agway carries too). The dog is just as happy with it.

Where is there an Agway near us? Is that the one with the big Rooster up by Nicholas Michaels in Northboro?

in Acton there is a grain mill, Erickson Grain. There is a Agway in Littleton. Kinda farfor you especially for pet food.

Related to Business Plans on Hold for Thanksgiving Weekend

1. Can I still place an order during Thanksgiving weekend?

Yes, you can still place an order during Thanksgiving weekend. Our website will still be up and running, and you can also contact your local consultant for assistance.

2. Will there be any delays in shipping for orders placed during Thanksgiving weekend?

Due to the high volume of orders during this time, there may be slight delays in shipping. However, we strive to get all orders processed and shipped as quickly as possible.

3. Can I still host a party or attend a cooking show during Thanksgiving weekend?

Unfortunately, all business activities, including hosting parties and attending cooking shows, will be put on hold during Thanksgiving weekend. This is to allow our consultants and employees to spend time with their families.

4. Will there be any sales or promotions during Thanksgiving weekend?

No, there will not be any sales or promotions during Thanksgiving weekend. Our consultants and employees will not be working during this time, and our focus is on spending time with our loved ones.

5. What happens to my party or order that was scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend?

If you had a party or order scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend, it will be postponed. Your consultant will reach out to you to reschedule for a more convenient time for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefShalon
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies