• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Burke (Isaiah W.) Is on Bionic Woman!

In summary, the conversation is about how the new Bionic Woman TV show is not as good as the old show and that it will probably not be around for long. The old show that the conversation is referencing is also mentioned. Shawnna and her husband are not into the new show. They like the old show better. There is mention of another TV show that is being compared to the old show and how it is usually not good when a show is based on an old show. DH and Shawnna's husband like a different show that is produced by the same person.
JAE
I'm glad to see Isaiah Washington is on Bionic Woman. I hope he has a recurring role. I used to love that show as a kid, so I am watching it for nostalgia reasons. I'm not really paying attention, though because I'm on my computer.

Yeah, totally different than the old show isn't it?!

Yeah. It probably won't be around long IMO. Did you watch it? I was so young when I watched it way back when, and I liked it. But, now as an adult....

Yes, I've watched both weeks...the jury is still out on it in our house, but they've got us watching it...

DH likes Battlestar Galactica and it is the same producer, actually when they entered the house with the TV on, Battlestar Galactica was on....

I remember the old show a bit but not all of it. DH remembers almost ALL the details of the old show.

new shows based on old shows are not usually very good. I hate that they made new movies out of The Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch. They totally ruined them.

Shawnna,
It's funny that you say that. I agree that the movies are usually very bad. But, I wonder if as adults we were to watch Dukes or Starsky for the first time if we would think those shows are dumb. I guess they were on for a long time so there must have been adults watching, too. Anyway, I thought Bionic Woman was okay the last two weeks, but I wasn't so impressed that I have to remember to watch it next week. Now, House is a totally different story!

JAE said:
Now, House is a totally different story!
LOVE House! Don't like Cameron's new hair color, though.

"House" and "Lost".......those are the 2 shows I absolutely love.:love: :love: :love:

chefann said:
LOVE House! Don't like Cameron's new hair color, though.
I don't like the hair, either. I was really trying to like it, but no. So I can't figure out if the one doctor was really there or not. I can't think of his name at this very moment. I have trouble with that. You know, the black doctor who is really smart Was House just seeing things?

ChefBeckyD said:
"House" and "Lost".......those are the 2 shows I absolutely love.:love: :love: :love:
Where is Lost? Is it lost? Ha Ha

Foreman? (I only remember his name, because his full character name is the same as another character on another show: Eric Foreman on That 70's Show). I was only half paying attention, so I didn't see Foreman at all in Tuesday's episode. (I had a cluster mtg Tuesday, so I watched the episode while eating dinner last night.)

The old guy was pretty cool! I can see him and the brunette chick (not the Russian, the other one) becoming part of House's permanent team.

JAE said:
Where is Lost? Is it lost? Ha Ha

The new season of Lost does not start until February! Grrrr!:grumpy:

I have no idea why they did it that way - I mean, I've read the reasoning - but it still doesn't make sense - and it has me very IRATE!:grumpy: :grumpy:

uh oh-- watch out. Becky's irate!

<giggle>

chefann said:
uh oh-- watch out. Becky's irate!

<giggle>

Funny thing is - I'm pretty even tempered.........but nonsense like this just gets to me. In my opinion (for what it's worth!:rolleyes: ) they are destroying the fan base of the show by waiting so long for the new season. Their reasoning is that once it starts, it will be all new episodes back to back with no re-runs for the entire "season"......but really, I think they are hoping to capitalize on Feb sweeps month. Yeah, right - so who will be left to be interested enough to watch, when there hasn't been a new episode in almost a year?:grumpy:

Okay - I shouldn't have gotten started on this - I do it to myself and then I'm all ticked off again!:cry:

ChefBeckyD said:
Funny thing is - I'm pretty even tempered.........but nonsense like this just gets to me. In my opinion (for what it's worth!:rolleyes: ) they are destroying the fan base of the show by waiting so long for the new season. Their reasoning is that once it starts, it will be all new episodes back to back with no re-runs for the entire "season"......but really, I think they are hoping to capitalize on Feb sweeps month. Yeah, right - so who will be left to be interested enough to watch, when there hasn't been a new episode in almost a year?:grumpy:

Okay - I shouldn't have gotten started on this - I do it to myself and then I'm all ticked off again!:cry:
DH gets all mad about Battlestar Galactica, because they do screwy things with its scheduling, too. They have VERY short seasons, and there will have been more than a year between the last one, and the new one that starts in January.

Related to Burke (Isaiah W.) Is on Bionic Woman!

1. Who is Burke on Bionic Woman?

Burke is a character from the TV show Bionic Woman, originally played by actor Isaiah Washington. He is a CIA agent who is often at odds with the main character, Jaime Sommers.

2. Is Isaiah Washington still playing Burke on Bionic Woman?

No, Isaiah Washington left the show after the first season and the character was written out of the show.

3. What role does Burke play in Bionic Woman?

Burke is a CIA agent who recruits and trains Jaime Sommers to be a bionic woman. He also serves as her handler and gives her missions to complete.

4. How does Burke's character develop throughout the show?

At first, Burke is portrayed as a controlling and manipulative agent who sees Jaime only as a tool. However, as the show progresses, he begins to develop a more caring and protective attitude towards her.

5. Is Burke a main character on Bionic Woman?

Yes, Burke is considered to be a main character on the show, although he does not appear in every episode. He plays a significant role in the overarching plot and development of the main character.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CJMoore
Replies
Views
BeaLorene