• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Building a Connection with the Bride: Bridal Shower Etiquette Tips

In summary, the expert summarizer says that you have contact with the bride before the bridal shower depending on the host. You may or may not know the bride well, but usually you can find out about her through the host. You should arrive early to make conversation and give the bride a chance to ask any questions she may have. Finally, you should send a note, catalog, wish list form, and information sheet to the bride along with a stamped envelope for her to return it to you.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
How much contact do you have with the bride before a bridal shower? The way it was explained to me was that you deal with whom ever is hosting the shower. But then that leaves me until the day of the shower to get to know the bride. How do you handle this?

I would guess that the host would know the bride fairly well, and maybe you could find out about the bride through the host... I haven't done a bridal shower yet, so I am just guessing.

I did one last summer on the direction of my director and just worked with the host. It was a little ackward meeting the bride the day of the shower! Maybe I'll just talk with both of them and go from there. Talk with the host about the show aspects and the bride about her wish list and of course her wedding! What bride doesn't like to talk about their wedding.

If I don't know the bride already, I make sure to just arrive early with the intention to talk to her. If I can talk to her or email her, great but much of the time she's busy planning the wedding and that's fine.

I have a shower on Saturday all I know is the brides first name! The host (future sister-in-law) hasn't been very informative, even with me asking a ton of questions.

I also asked her to tell the bride to make a wish list or register so I have a clue as to what she is intrested in....nothing there either.

Whatever, we'll see how it goes.:rolleyes:

I've done a few where I didn't know the bride. As someone else said, I just arrive early so I can chat with her a little.

Sounds good to me.

I also offered to meet with both the host and the bride before the shower if there was any specific that the bride wanted to see or ask about before the shower. I thought that seemed a little more personable. Plus I know when I registered for my gifts, I could have done it all online but I like to see things in person and compare.

Well, it turned out pretty good. When the bride arrived she said , "I want everything except the 4 things I already have" so I guess not having that wish list didn't matter!

Right now we are at $1128.80 + her future MIL bought her the cookware at 50% off. So $1440 in TOTAL sales.
(Too bad I don't make comm. on that total.)

There are still a few orders to come,wonder if she'll make the next level !!:)

Yah! I cannot wait for mine. I just mailed the host packet last week and will call the host on Monday.

Most of my contact is with the person hosting the shower. However, I do send a note, catalog, wish list form, and info sheet to the bride along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for her to return the info sheet and wish list to me.

I'll attach the files for the note and info sheet. However, they're in Publisher. For those who don't have Publisher, here is the text for each.

The note says:

Date

Bride’s Name
Address
City, State Zip

Hi [Bride’s Name],

You don’t know me, yet. My name is [My Name], and I’m a Pampered Chef Consultant. [Name of Host] has scheduled a Pampered Chef Wedding Shower for you on [Date] at [Time]. It’s my pleasure to do my best to make that a very special day for you.
I’ve enclosed a catalog and a wish list for you. Go through the catalog and write down everything you’d like to receive. Don’t worry about price; just list everything you love.
You’ll also find a sheet with questions about you, your fiancé, and your wedding. Please fill it out completely.
Finally, use the enclosed stamped envelope to return both the wish list and the information sheet to me by [Deadline Date]. This will allow me to get everything ready for your shower.
I look forward to meeting you. Please be sure to let me know if you have any questions about the products or the shower.

Best wishes,

Name
Independent Consultant
Phone Number
Email Address
Visit my website at [My Website]

The deadline date I include is about a week to 10 days before the shower. That gives me plenty of time to put each item on the bride's wish list on a separate sticky note and place them all on a display board. This makes it easier for guests to choose (and keep from repeating) a gift for the bride.

The info sheet says:

Tell Me More

Groom’s Name
Wedding Date
Wedding Colors

Will you be changing your name?
What will your address be after the wedding?

Have you ever been to a Pampered Chef Party?
Which one of you will be doing most of the cooking?

Thanks so much for answering my questions.
I’m looking forward to presenting a great shower for you.

I ask for the wedding date and address after the wedding so I can send a congratulatory note a few weeks after the wedding. I ask for the wedding colors so I can use fabric pens in those colors for the shower guests to write on the apron, which is my gift to the bride.

Attachments

• Bride Intro Letter to share with CS.pub
    102.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Wedding Shower Info Sheet for Bride.pub
    61.5 KB · Views: 607

Related to Building a Connection with the Bride: Bridal Shower Etiquette Tips

What is "Getting to Know the Bride"?

"Getting to Know the Bride" is a fun and interactive game often played at bridal showers or bachelorette parties. It involves asking the bride-to-be a series of questions about herself and her relationship with her partner.

How is the game played?

The game is typically played by having the host or a designated person ask the bride a series of questions, while the guests try to guess her answers. The bride can either answer the questions truthfully or try to match her partner's answers. The guest with the most correct guesses wins!

What types of questions are asked?

The questions can vary, but they typically focus on the bride's personal preferences, relationship with her partner, and fun facts about the couple. Some examples include "What is the bride's favorite color?", "Where did the couple go on their first date?", and "What is the bride's most embarrassing moment?"

Can the groom-to-be participate?

Yes, the groom can definitely participate in the game! Some versions of the game involve asking the groom the same questions beforehand and seeing how well the couple knows each other. This adds an extra element of fun and can be a great way to involve the groom in the bridal shower or bachelorette party.

Are there any variations of the game?

Yes, there are many variations of the game depending on personal preference and creativity. Some ideas include adding in funny or embarrassing questions, having the guests write down their guesses instead of shouting them out, or having the bride and groom compete against each other. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
newyawksue
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
straitfan